FORMULA 1 EMIRATES UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 EMIRATES UNITED STATES GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▀▄▀▄ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The only limiting factor for Lewis is how long he and Merc want to keep going. He'd be a fool to switch teams. He could easily win 2 or 3 more titles with this team.

william and Jakuzzi like this.
  2. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I have to say Elton is clearly the best driver at this point. I used to regard him and Seb as on the top tier together, but no longer. Seb's confidence is broken and he's proven he can't keep his cool when it matters most. Seb is finished and should be retire this year or next in my opinion (please prove me wrong, Seb!). The only hope I can see for the future is for Max and Leclerc to continue to raise their game, along with their teams. Then again, for a long time Schui seemed invincible, then Fred and Renault came out of nowhere in 2005.

I don't mind giving Elton credit for being the fastest. It's the snotty diva attitude and childish whining that irk me. :rolleyes: The endless fawning by the Brit announcers is also a bit tiring, along with washing His feet with their tears.

scudF1 likes this.
  3. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Rossi once changed teams just for the challenge of seeing if it could win at a lesser team in MotoGP.

Hey Elton......McLaren would like to talk to you. ;)

4. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The sheer irony a Ferrari fan is upset with "giving away" wins, yet the marque's dominant driver was storied with favoritism himself. :rolleyes:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/20/sports/autoracing/formula-one-when-ferrari-got-a-made-to-order-victory.html

william likes this.
  5. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Like father, like son . . .

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Do mean Max Mosley, rather than Jean Todt?

If not, I take great offense to your "blackmail conspiracy" remark tinged with Nazi references (i.e. Jean Todt is Jewish).

william likes this.
  7. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Little diva Elton? Why the condescending riff?

william likes this.
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He won't get all the records. He's tied at 2nd with Kimi for most fast laps at 46. Michael has 77. I don't see Lewis getting 31 more anytime soon with guys like Max and Charles that are super quick and have incentives to get that extra point for getting fastest lap. He got 5 of the 19 this season.

He may get 13 wins in a season to tie Seb and Michael, but only because they keep increasing the # of races in a season. I doubt he will finish on podium every race of season let alone get most consecutive podiums since first race of season (17 for Michael in 2002, Lewis has 9 as most).

As far as the the hat-trick, Michael has 22, Lewis with 14. He won't get that record either.

9. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Shades of the "fake news" script . . .

10. Because it is what it is...the pinnacle of auto racing. The very best in the racing business (administrators, designers, engineers, fabricators, mechanics, etc. etc.) displaying their wares.
    For instance, 'not enjoying McLaren's climb from less than mediocrity back towards the front? That's a shame. (also a shame 'can't say the same for Williams....hopefully yet....) :(

I'll still enjoy the next few weeks with or without those that won't. The opportunity to watch those men/women providing the exhibition of the quickest open wheelers on the planet is more than enough for me. :)

LamboLover and william like this.
  11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Aww c'mon. Williams would be a better challenge.

12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Well done max ,
    Bridge burned with Renault and Ferrari at only 22,
    Some kind of exploits !
    Starting to believe he is lacking some brain ..

DF1, Nembo1777 and william like this.
  13. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Maybe ,
    But I seriously doubt it

14. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What did Max do? ABC cut off after the interview with Toto. It was kind of funny with Nico, when someone took the mic out of his hands and kinda shooshed him off.

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    No, its a sport. All those people are there to make it a sport. They are all there to win the sport, not to spend some time showing how smart they are.

16. A sport indeed. And, as in any team sport, the greatest minds usually prevail. Also this is auto racing, where the equipment (design, development and execution) is such a large part of the equation (which was the beginning of the sport...impressing with "your" automobile), uuuhhhh, yes, how smart you are (as in ball sports, for instance, coaches, players...) is humongously important regarding "winning". As in any sport, strategy is key. Weak minds don't prevail. To think otherwise is folly. This is not just a roll of the dice....pure luck. ;)

17. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    IMO the biggest reason Ferrari struggled in 2005 was due to the regulation changes that the FiA directly targeted Them with.
    In 2006 Ferrari adjusted, and Schumi had world championship #8 in the bag...and unfortunately he lost an engine in one on the final GP’s. He was leading that race when he lost his engine.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    No, I meant Jean Todt.

It was an attempt at comedy. No offense intended for anyone.

P.S. does it really matter that Todt is Jewish? A nazi orgy would be obscene with a eskimo anyway.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  19. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Well, when Ferrari was winning too much, FIA changed the tyres to screw them up. Just saying.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Verstappen becoming more and more frustrated with Red Bull global performance is the only logical explanation of its repetitive outbursts ( Mexico, Austin)
    Horner and Marko perfectly knows this and I suspect they are trying to create some kind of diversion with the Ferrari PU.
    Max isn't enough mature to understand this and they better have to deliver next year because all of this will act as a boomerang.

21. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    I would like to see some good reasons for the horrible performance of both Seb and Leclerc yesterday. Not the now obvious.
    Leclerc finishing like 50 seconds behind Max. And as most here rate leclerc higher than Seb, I think that without a broken suspension Seb would not have been in a better position now would he.
    So why suddenly the missing performance then? Leclerc using the older engine with like 30 hp less (which still is more than the Honda) could be an explanation, but I still am puzzled.
    Ofcourse Binotti would dismiss Max accusations, even if they were true, so that is not saying much. Max however just spoke out what everybody has been thinking for the past few weeks. Yes that is not very smart if you want to be master of PC, but it is refreshing to have someone exposing the elephant.
    And RB will have had good reasons to ask the FIA for an investigation and regulation.

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I hope Ferrari sues his ass, then i will see his big mouth!

jpalmito likes this.
  23. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Because it's racing ! It's not only about one team. It's about 20 cars, and there is more to watch than the car at the front.

LamboLover, kandi, ktu and 1 other person like this.
  24. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

According to Ross Brawn the FIA suddenly switched tyre regs to suit the Michelin. They were bored with Michael's dominance with the Ferrari and viewers were beginning to switch off

25. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Sometimes attack is the best defence. And Max will have a problem proving his accusations, as I do not think F will let him do some investigation on the engine...
    But if Mercedes were the subject, I can't help but think the opinion here would have been different. But that is normal, we're tifosi after all.

Nortonious, jpalmito and william like this.