Max Verstappen | Page 61 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Seems like he had another petulant display in qualifying. Is this guy never going to learn and control the red mist - He is never going to be a world champion with behaviour like that, it shows no maturity whatsoever and zero skills in race craft. A great world champion has to be the "complete" package, charging around the race track like your butt is on fire is not a skill but total stupidity .

His recent statement that he is getting into their heads is another dummy spitting moment - seems to me they are getting to him.

I'm 360 Canuck, Nembo1777 and william like this.
  2. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Well, I looked the whole qualifying but only noticed Elton almost jammed Max. For the rest no issued this time or did I miss something?

ciao
    Oscar

stavura and ypsilon like this.
  3. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    The only time Max is not responsible for anything :D

4. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    He really should have grown out of the whiny ***** stage by now......

william and TurboFreak650 like this.
  5. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Drivers out grow being whiny?

william likes this.
  6. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    No, but some of them can really control their ego. Unfortunately - others can't.

william likes this.
  7. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Relax, nothings changed, the only thing a WDC needs is a Mercedes.

TonyL likes this.
  8. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Oscar
    Not sure what part of qualifying (Q3) but MV was quite some distance behind (Leclerc) and getting ready for a hot lap when LH came whizzing past to make up the space, the red mist dropped and he caught up with LH, locked his tyres up at the next corner and went off the track to avoid a collision. He then overtook LH and baulked him at the next corner, looked like a brake test to me.

Irrational at best, dangerous at worst and possibly compromised his grid position flat spotting his tyres. Wind up by LH ?

Best bet for LH to be behind MV on the grid, I am sure he will make up the space when he crashes into either SV, CL or VB. Hopefully he will avoid the first two and leave it for a SF 1-2 :)

Tony

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Isnt it strange how Mercedes are struggling and the tracks don't suit them but just happen to be [ with the grace of god] on pole. Yeahh right!
    Tony

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

11. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Sandbagging in order keep some interest

TonyL, stavura and G. Pepper like this.
  12. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Brundle summed his behavior in the conference up perfectly as "a bit petulant".

That's not the stuff champions are made of. Snap out of it, Max....

william and TonyL like this.
  13. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    He has zero charisma and will never be a "great" sportsman unless he changes direction and quickly too. Learn from the likes of Federer, ruthless underneath but a likeable persona.

Arrogant, bully boy, hard done by tactics don't work !.

TurboFreak650 and william like this.
  14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yeah, not very likeable Max, is he ?
    Like his father; a bull in a china shop.

TurboFreak650 likes this.
  15. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
  16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    disagree

To me Max is the best there is. LeClerc is a close second.

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max is not the best. Toooo many repeat mistakes. Fast and daring but sloppy and a poor strategic thinker. He demands respect but shows little to others around him. Making passes is easy compared to the package required to win a WDC and lead a team to more than 1

william likes this.
  18. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Here at COTA, believe me, Max has lots of fans cheering for him. Easily one of the most popular drivers. I like him, without him things would be boring. You need a maverick to shake things up.

TurboFreak650 and stavura like this.
  19. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    #1519 I'm 360 Canuck, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    leclerc is a better driver, Max is a better racer.
    Top guns IceMan to Maverick.
    They are this generations Lauda / Hunt.

I love when Max screws up qualifying, as he often does, or blows the start. Watching him chase his way to the top is him at his best and pure entertainment. But that’s not the way to a WDC. His potential will never be realized. 1 time WDC at best.

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There is that.

Which is why I said "to me" he is the best. The factually best right now is Hamilton. But for me the most exciting racer is Max. And I do think he'll be the future of F1 alongside with LeClerc. I love these two guys and look forward to their battles. I only wish Max had a better engine.

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

They just enjoy psyching up the opposition by spreading false news !!

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #1522 william, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019

You may be right on speed.
    But you cannot build a successful career on speed alone, you need a bit more discernment and finesse, and Max has none of that.
    Max may be a rough diamond, but a diamond has not much value until it is polished.
    Charles Leclerc looks more the finished article to me.

I'm 360 Canuck and Nembo1777 like this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I give Max 10 out of 10 for entertainment value; he is the Joker of the pack and no one can fathom out what he will come up with next !
    But he keep shooting himself in the foot

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    The apple never falls far from the tree: His dad is not exactly a shining example of proper values: he has been in trouble for fights, like a vulgar football hooligan several times including once for attacking his own father and therefore cannot have been the best father for Max to have been raised by. And then there was this:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/175863/1/verstappen-arrested-charged-with-attempted-murder

So how a young driver was raised OFF the track is just as important. Jos may have trained him to death about how to be a winner but he seems to have plain missed on other things...perhaps because he himself never had these values. Without these values a young man will put his foot in his mouth and believe he has no lessons to learn from his experiences...whereas Charles was raised properly and has worked on himself very very profoundly and learns from his mistakes. In terms of IQ I also think he is miles ahead of Max.

TonyL, JLF and william like this.
  25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    LeClerc is impressive in the sense that he is already this good after only two seasons. Max has much more seat time under his betlt and given that shouldn't be making some of the mistakes he is still doing.

I applaud Ferrari for hiring LeClerc. Unlike their other drivers in recent years (maybe with the exception of Kimi) they didn't go for a proven gun.