Regrets | FerrariChat

Regrets

Discussion in '360/430' started by Hypek9, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hypek9

Hypek9 Karting

Apr 9, 2012
    Australia
    Anyone sold their 360 and regretted it later.

I’ve just put mine up for sale to test the market, as i don’t get time to drive it as much as I would like. I have some one coming out to see it in a few days.

The thought of someone else driving off with my pride and joy just does not sit well with me.

I would love to upgrade to 458 or 488 in a year or two when I would have more time to enjoy.

Let it go or hang on to?

ihavearedferrari likes this.
  2. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    If your thinking you’ll regret it already I think you answered your own question. Unless you need to sell to save up for a 458 I would keep it till your ready to upgrade. Will make the process much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua and Caphill like this.
  3. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I agree. If you think you will regret it you probably will. I traded my mint condition 911 I had for 17 years for my 360. I didn't have any second thoughts. I was ready to let it go and move on.

I might add... I too had been thinking of moving into a 458-- until I drove one. I loved the lines of the car but you also have to love the tech, which I don't. And while there is a huge HP gain, I really enjoy my 360 around town. My track days are behind me so for me it's all about the enjoyment of usable HP on public roads with my 360. Inside from the driver's seat my 360 looks good (dash layout) and feels right to me. Until I think it is lacking in some way for me, I'm sticking with it for some time to come.

Good luck and I hope this helps in some way.

4. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I sold my 355 and it was another 12 months until I landed my 430. Half that time was on a detailed market search, but I have to say the empty garage space did in a way give me delayed gratification syndrome. I loved the day I got my 430!

LARRYH and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I think most of us have had this thought cross our mind for all the same reasons like mentioned above if you are already having these feelings I would expect it to get worse...the only way to get over it is to hang onto it or sell it for allot of money.
    Good Luck either way!

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    I too really thought I would miss the 360. To some degree I did for a short time but the more I drive the 599 the more I think "why didn't I do this sooner". I say if you want to upgrade/change, sell the car and move onto the next adventure. Life is too short to just sit around.

7. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I bought a Porsche 993 Carrera back in 1997 in Boston, MA and sold it in NYC in 2004 due to relocation from US to Europe, next I bought a Ferrari 360 Modena manual gearbox, next and SL 55 AMG... but still I missed my 993... So guess what, I bought a 993 in 2015 exactly the same specification...
    Which proves, that if you really enjoyed and were connected to a car, if you can afford it, simply by the new model and keep the old one as well !!!
    If the car has potential to become a collectible in the future, you will have to pay big $$$ to get it back in mint condition !!
    So better keep it...

Mimmo Blue and KC360 FL like this.
  8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

yes I sold mine to a fellow fchatter, i just recently purchased another one. Best ferrari I've ever driven!

9. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    The regret is the year or two wait from time of sale. You have memories with your 360. If you could, I say just drive/keep it until you are ready to upgrade. Unless you want to have an empty garage and so much room for activities! Like cleaning.

ScottS likes this.
  10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If you are all in on an upgrade....sell it now.

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You may or may not, in the end, it's just a car and they're just feelings. Back in the early 2000's I had a Firebird Formula, Bright Purple Metallic, one of only 26 in the world, 1 of only 3 with a hardtop (most had T's), I LOVED THIS CAR, and did aton of work on it. I decided to "be responsible" and get rid of the loan and bought a cheaper Dodge Stealth RT/TT with cash, so I sold it to some dude on the west coast, who tried to flip it (and lost his ass on it). Found it a few years later, someone had completely stripped it down to make a drag car out of it, then lost interest in the project. What a kick in the balls, like there wasn't a million other non-rare Firebirds in the world they could have done that too. I still look back on that thread and get pissed every so often....BUT if I still had that car, I would have never gotten my Z06, and in turn may have never gotten my 360....so I'm still alive, doing well, and there's a Ferrari in my garage.

So yeah, the thought of someone "driving" your P&J may suck, but at least they will probably enjoy it. Can't say that for my old Firebird :rolleyes:

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  12. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you have something else 'fun' to keep yourself amused, sell it. Perfect timing with Spring here now and Summer on the horizon.

13. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Yep, right up until I bought the 430 :)

FERR430dxb and Manda racing like this.
  14. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    So, things I miss about my 2004 360 Spider:
    The sound of the Fabspeed headers/high flow cats/Tubi exhaust at full tilt, especially in underpasses
    Staring back constantly when parking it at work
    Young boys freaking out seeing a Ferrari
    Letting youngsters sit in it at car shows/meets and the look of awe on their faces

Things I don't miss:
    Random issues
    People not paying attention to their surroundings when passing and staring at the car
    People leaning on the car to take pics, or their girlfriends/significant others on the car (yes, this happened....more than once)
    Milkshake thrown on my car
    Paranoia/anxiety parking it places
    Random issues again

In the end, it is just a car.

15. No-Subt2

No-Subt2 Karting

May 6, 2019
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Not just a car, but a special car.

16. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    I've thought of selling my CS for a 458 coupe. I've driven a 458 and loved it but something just keeps holding me back. Guess I'm afraid I'll never have another "special" Ferrari again. I've read about CS owners regretting selling then end up buying another one. Since it was my first and only Ferrari, I may not realize how different/special it is and I will be somewhat disappointed with the 458. Maybe I should go to a dealer and drive a 458 again, maybe drive them back to back.

17. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    I sold my 2002 360 Spider 6speed and regretted it almost instantly.

Several years later, I made up for the mistake by buying a 2003 360 Spider 6speed again.

Save your money. You have something very special.

Tom

FERR430dxb likes this.
  18. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    When I buy a car, it is after years of deliberation. I have 3 sports cars(190SL,300ZX Twin Turbo, F430) and would never sell them as I enjoy the heck out of them. I don't care if the value drops by 50% or goes up by that amount, I'm not selling. Thus regret is not something I even think about.

FERR430dxb and Apollo 11 like this.
  19. Yellow02Z06

Yellow02Z06 Karting

Nov 2, 2013
    I find that i have regretted selling many of the sports cars i have had over the years wish i still had my Triumph TR250, 67 Firebird most particularly - if u have the space and $$ to keep id keep - i have a 328 and a 360 and was gonna sell the 328 after buying the 360 but everytime i drove the 328 i loved it loved the feel etc so decided to keep both for now

20. Hypek9

Hypek9 Karting

Apr 9, 2012
    Australia
    So I have decided to keep my car. First potential buyer that inspected my car wanted to purchase at full asking price, i was gutted to say the least, but my word is my word.

For some reason the buyer got cold feet and reneged on the deal.

I’m actually relieved and taken the car off the market and will keep.

Those few days that I thought the car was sold were not enjoyable. I guess it’s a sign.

21. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson

I'm going to be a bit terse. You don't have time now to drive your car, but you love it. Unless you are financially stressed, keep your beloved car. Wait until you have more time, or...... find some time. My 430 has sat there for 2 months for reason x or z. I drove it today. I've had it 10 years. No way I ever sell it. Good luck with your decision.

Hypek9 likes this.
  22. hwyman

hwyman Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2015
    Canada / Los Angeles
    Yeah.. definitely DON'T.... 458 is a mass produced Ferrari.. 360CS is so much more special. Unless you live in Beverly Hills and drive your Ferrari everyday in traffic where a dual clutch would be a huge advantage don't do it.

ihavearedferrari and ifeelfree0 like this.
  23. oneconnoisseur

Jul 24, 2014
    NorCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Sold my 360 last week and don't regret it one bit. LOST a boatload of money in depreciation and random issues.
    It's just a car. I drove my buddies Hurracan a couple of weeks ago and it really kinda felt the same--it may be faster but I couldn't tell.

Once again--having owned a 308 before--the cliche of the best days were the day I bought/sold. I'm sure I'll have another couple of best Ferrari days in the future. These cars are easily bought well thanks to forums like Fchat.

24. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Should have sold it for now and bought something else later on down the road :D:D:D