Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 113 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Firstly, the claim is reviewers are virtually under threat by Ferrari to post highly favorable reviews if they hope to be offered future test cars, then we are told that initially the Pista was " declared unemotional". Sounds a wee bit contradictory. Chris Harris is the only reviewer of whom I am aware who came to the conclusion that the Pista, while undeniably a paragon of performance, had numb steering, and brake feel and ultimately was deemed lacking in emotional content. Every other reviewer has waxed lyrical over the car. Yet Harris continues to be provided with test cars for review purposes.

To summarize- F8 has received uniformly glowing reviews by professionals which is to be expected since they are explicitly or implicitly under threat to do so. The Pista, however, initially was declared unemotional by the same press since the threat from Ferrari was ignored.

REALZEUS likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Don't forget that the F8 is crap (without any possible discussion) because the Ferrari endorsed press has compared it to the Toyota Camry...

3. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The F8 is crap for 488 and Pista owners. The press is corrupt and cannot be trusted when positive reviewing the F8, but are completely accurate and honest when glowing reviews are bestowed upon the Pista. However, how dare any reviewer make any negative comments about their Pista, which will in any event be dismissed as another sympton of the dishonest press. Analogous to track performance- when an owner's car performs on a record breaking level around a track, it is indicative of superior overall performance.Alternatively, when the track time is disappointing, it is dismissed as having no correlation to the actual stellar driving abilities of the car.

Motorwerks, 3POINT8 and LVP488 like this.
  4. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    One of the most absurd posts I have seen recently. I’m pretty darn fussy and would not drop a ton of cash on car that I would not be completely happy with, I’d look elsewhere to other manufacturers. I don’t need to buy an F8 just because it’s the latest Ferrari offering, I would think most are the same way. I realize there are a lot of haters on F8, I just ignore their biases.

Coincid likes this.
  5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If it's only half as reliable as the Camry would be ok in my book.

Shadowfax and pdxjim488 like this.
  6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Shadowfax comment is indicative of those who are so blindly brand biased that they will purchase a Ferrari solely for the fact that it is a Ferrari whether the model( F8) is desirable or not. Furthermore, he advises, purchase it, all the time being cognizant of its shortcomings, but keep your mouth shut and do not complain. Puzzling to say the least.

7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    This thread is giving me a headache.

Surfah, Jo Sta7, ScrappyB and 2 others like this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #2808 Shadowfax, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    Yes how absurd is the reality that choice for further v8 Ferrari's does not extend beyond F8, only in hybrid or electric form. So F8 is indeed very much a take it or leave it, love it for what it is, rather than complain about what it isn't nor ever will be.

The negativity expressed toward 488 by some here has finally come home to roost - F8 now even further refined as the last non hybrid version. I don't hate F8 - I would likely buy one myself if I didn't have a Pista as I've always liked the v8 turbo platform. I'm only finding it amusing to listen to the 488 knockers who wouldn't buy 488 are now suddenly queuing up for F8 under some misconception it's a Pista - a car which supposedly appealed to their senses due to the more raw and connected GT driving characteristics, when essentially F8 is a 488 update, built to cater for the same requirements as 488.

9. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd have to agree. Some here are so desperate to try and excuse their past behavior toward 488 they have lost all sense of propriety in a bid to (somehow) justify their purchasing decision and maintain some form of credibility..

10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m just glad to be here and able to enjoy these amazing cars. What a joy it is driving the 812 and the Portofino is a great car as well. And I will thoroughly enjoy the F8 whenever it arrives!

I just don’t get all the griping and criticism.

Some will think I am shallow and have no taste. Perhaps so, but I’m still having a lot of fun driving cars I never imagined owning!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

gabf1, Gh21631, stavura and 5 others like this.
  11. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually it is because you have continually berated people who like or love the SF90, not because you have an opinion... it is, however, excellent execution of trolling behavior!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I just don’t understand the argument.

A 488 is not a f8 and an f8 is not a Pista.

They are similar but different with the 488 and f8 being more similar and Pista more raw.

Am I missing anything?

Whipcity76 and Shadowfax like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I truly cant understand it either.

And no - you're not missing anything ...summed it up well actually!

SoCal to az likes this.
  14. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    The 488 is a great car, the Pista is a great car, and I'm sure the F8 is just as epic..... What's with all the fuss?

elmadi, of2worlds, sammysaber and 4 others like this.
  15. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    I just received an email from Algar inviting me for a private showing and test drive next week. The F8 will be at the dealership from Wednesday the 13th until Saturday with a limited number of test drives on a first come first serve basis. I'll let everyone know my first hand thoughts next week.

of2worlds, anishka, racerdj and 3 others like this.
  16. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Lol... if you ignore the hundreds of posts he has made in the SF90 section, the car is actually receiving very positive reviews. It’s just hard to sift through the nonsense when every other post is this guy repeating his utter disdain towards the car as if his life depended on it.

At least we can agree that the F8 is a thing of beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

I dont think anyone with a Pista or any other car has been critical of the F8. After all it is a beautiful better performing version of the 488. The point being made is that the F8 is not a Pista and it will likely not perform to the same level and IMO and some others the Pista looks much better. Not everyone needs to agree on the aesthetics though, this is a personal thing.

The F8 will be a good compromise if you dont want to spend the money on a Pista and/or you couldn't get a Pista allocation and prefer to spec your car. No bad decision just depends on your preference.

I think people get riled up when some make the claim that the F8 is basically a Pista in guise when in fact it is far from the case as there are many features that separate them.

Shadowfax and SoCal to az like this.
  18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think the F8 looks great and is a good improvement over the 488. Some have said it drives similar to the 488 but with 50 or so more HP, Im sure you can feel the difference.

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The premise pushed on this thread by a few and endorsed by others ( primarily 488 owners) is that the 488 and F8 are virtually indisguishable in performance. Without driving the F8 and Pista, virtually all are unianimous in accepting the proposition that the Pista is the superior performing vehicle.

20. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

It sure looks different though. I personally like it better than the 488.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gh21631 likes this.
  21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    As a former 488 owner- totally agree.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    IMO it is what the 488 should have been from the start. Ferrari left a lot on the table but I feel Mclaren is making them step their game up.

Jo Sta7 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    We know for sure the performance will be better with the F8 at least in a straight line. The rest remains to be scene. I haven't read anything that really talks about the suspension and braking. I imagine they were tweaked some but dont know if the changes are discernible unless you are really pushing. Also, I haven't paid attention to any changes in weight this alone could make a difference as well. Regardless, it is a beautiful car that can be used almost daily.

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  24. pdxjim488

pdxjim488 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2018
    I think it is a beautiful car. A little OT, does anyone know if the steering wheel can be retrofitted? Asking for a friend.