812 GTS.....must have options! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 GTS.....must have options!

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by ppg70, Nov 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    #26 Griffon83, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    1) No carbon
    2) Standard seats, Daytona style, white or cuoio with black inserts (my preference)
    3) Not carbon interior. Piano Black preferably (example of Piano Black steering wheel in a Portofino)
    4) Black ceramic, unless you want to "break" the blackness of the rear part/diffuser, thus Standard or Titanium.
    5) Personally no, the amount Ferrari asks for Apple CarPlay is ridiculously expensive.
    6) Oh yes
    7) Yes
    8 and 9 are part of the ADAS. If you don't bother to have a square cut-out section of the front part for the radar (see here), go for it.

Other must-have options:

a) Painted shields
    b) Black center wheel hubs
    c) Titanium bolts
    d) Passenger Display
    e) LEDs on steering wheel wrapped in leather
    f) Bespoke 812 GTS luggage, when available

ScottS likes this.
  2. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

Gotta love autocorrect... :)

4. Elisesko

Elisesko Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2016
    Smh. I'm sure there is a collision failure joke here somewhere.

5. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I’d agree if it allowed the passenger to control the Apple CarPlay but otherwise not so useful in.our household.

6. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    Personally my spec for the GTS will be something like this:

Blu TDF with all exterior carbon fiber but with the tinted body color diffuser if available, I really don't like the carbon fiber diffuser on the 812.
    I like the idea like in this picture of the combination with racing seats and bordaux alcantara.

I will loooove to have painted shields on this one and probably the interior carbon will be just the driver zone this time.

Of course passenger display, I really love it, and unfortunately lifter for me is a must pick option since I can't get inside my garage otherwise :D

PS in the configurator looks like there are still the old mirrors, there isn't anymore the carbon fiber option for the new ones.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The Carplay control is an issue, but then again, I can't think of any manufacture who has integrated the Carplay as poorly as Ferrari to be honest, and that's not just with the passenger display. But disregarding the Carplay, for the "normal" functions and ability for passenger to use satnav etc. especially in a car where there's no center screen, it's a great thing. And when I'm in a passenger seat with a display, I definitely think it adds to the experience.

I think whether or not it's a must depends on the usage. If the driver is alone in the car 95% of the time and never bring passengers with an interest, yes, then it's of little use. If you often bring a friend or relative who is also into the whole thing, and switch between driving and riding along etc. then there's a lot of fun to be had with it actually.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Since it’s a GT I would likely keep regular seats.
    Exhaust, unless you plan to go aftermarket I’d keep sports options, if not basic and upgrade.
    I like the look of CF mirror with red or black car.
    I love apple CarPlay.
    CF wheels

Sadly I can’t afford one just yet;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I have done a couple of F12's and 812 SF, here's my take.

1. Exterior, take everything or nothing;
    2. Standard. (Racing seats for resale)
    3. Interior, yes for sure, I find that without CF looks poor and aging badly. Check out the none cf interior in the current F12 used market. I wouldn't consider them if i was in the market for one unless the budget limits my choice.
    4. It's just the tips I'm assuming, choose the one goes well with the body color you go with.
    5. Yes
    6. Throw it in if you load the car up, leave it if it's a low optioned or standard car.
    7. Yes
    8. Same answer as Q6.
    9. Same answer as Q6

10. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
  11. johnsonchris84

Dec 27, 2017
    Orlando Florida
    Full Name:
    Christopher Johnson
    So the f12 tdf rims are available for the GTS, was told at TM they are not an option.

12. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Yes the racing wheels/ TDF wheels are available, I was offered them this week
    Matt Silver forged racing wheels RMSR £4,640 £928 £5,568 taken from price list

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Could it be a question of miscommunication? It says TDF Style, that's not the same as TDF wheels. They may share the design but not be the same wheel. Do the TDF and 812 even share the same offset?

14. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    it’s one of those EC that they can’t tell you how long it adds.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    True.But leather wrapped LED steering wheel usually don't add a ton of time. I have seen everything from no time added to about 4 months. If you want a CF free interior for a classic feel, I don't see that as being a lot of time.

16. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    For my 812sF build I ordered practically everything except these items , which I will include on my GTS:
    pass display
    carbon exterior
    vehicle lift

best option I like that is usually not checked off - carbon fiber door handles.

Ltfor3 and of2worlds like this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I added it on my car. I don't think it's must have but I liked it.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I personally think it's great when you're in the passenger seat. These cars are all about the experiences, and the display adds something to the overall experience.

It's interesting how popular it has become since the new display was introduced in the Lusso, 812 and Porto etc. I asked the local dealer about it, and he said that nobody specs a car without at this point. This also leads me to believe it might become a bit of a must at some point and a dealbreaker like the LED wheels etc. I think you did good by ordering it, and whom ever you bring along, will be further engaged in the fun:)

of2worlds and wrs like this.
  19. Ltfor3

Ltfor3 Karting

Oct 14, 2013
    FL
    Full Name:
    L.T.
    I agree. I did the CF door handles on my 812SF and definitely love the look. They will be on my GTS as well.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Trying to confirm my config but I have some concerns to include or not one of the following technical options
    it's not a matter of cost but mainly resale
    personally I don't think I will need it but if it will be possible to disable completely ADAS I guess that in some occasion can be useful

so what is your opinion? specially from Owners are already have it on their cars. thanks

FCAM - advanced front driving camera * 1,230€+vat
    ACC1 - front radar with ACC1 - 2,870€+vat
    BRAD - back radar - 1,640€+vat

or ADAS - ADAS pack (includes all three above) - 4,600€+vat

nimamd likes this.
  21. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    How much would ADAS package affect the appearance of the car?
    My dealer says it includes an ugly big box in the front of the car, hence most customers don't opt the full ADAS package. Does anyone have a picture how the box looks like?

22. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    It looks so bad. Like a high school metal work project. It’s not even centered within the cut out of the grille.

I cannot believe a company with the resources and engineering pedigree of Ferrari cannot integrate it better. Many low cost, humble cars have ADAS style systems and you barely notice from the exterior

An epic fail. Needless to say, I didn’t spec this on my GTS

BLUESL, TSOYBELIS, nimamd and 4 others like this.
  23. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA

Nor did I for that very reason. I ordered the front camera, back radar, and surround view.

Caeruleus11 likes this.