Lewis Hamilton | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Elton Keeps sucking, i still haven't seen an exceptional race from him, he can win 10 more titles, he still barely makes it into the top 20....i guess that anyone who is remotely honest with himself knows that the likes of Prost, Senna, Lauda, Stewart, Michael, and many others would never, ever be beaten by Rosberg, so, try to put him in the same step as those guys is just ridiculous.

fil, stavura and Jakuzzi like this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't think there is an answer to that.
    Like in many other areas, some are hellbent in denigrating people who are successful.

3. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The defending 2x champion Michael Schumacher was beaten twice by Jacques Villeneuve who was in his rookie & sophomore years, a guy who only went on to have 11 wins in a 10-year F1 stint.... Rosberg beat Michael 3 years in a row with the same car.

You're not being honest with yourself proclaiming such statements. Upsets happen.

cmos, Jackie and bill, Surfah and 4 others like this.
  4. 'Makes me wonder what the true definition of a "troll" should be. ;)

cmos likes this.
  5. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Once more, provocation is in the air ...

lorenzobandini and Jakuzzi like this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I could give you a few names, plenty of them on this thread alone!

7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I didn't knew Jacques had driven for the same team as Michael, thank you for that precious information, it's a pleasure to learn from such well informed members!

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Oh, and how could i forget, being beaten in the same car by Jenson Button, another GOAT, lolololo, i guess the standard for being a GOAT this days is a bit low.....

stavura likes this.
  9. #159 lorenzobandini, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Not to wander off OT, rather, to lighten the atmosphere, I have one more weekend of some racing to tide me over 'til the Rolex 24 (I don't attend NASCAR races anymore, even as close as Homestead, only 50'ish miles) at Sebring (straight shot, 140 miles) this coming weekend. Nothing big but satisfies "the need for speed" live in person.... :)

https://www.imsa.com/events/michelin-imsa-sportscar-encore

ktu and william like this.
  10. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Go on, be a good sport and tell us who you have in mind.

You will feel better after that... ;););););););););)

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, I hope you will enjoy that.

You may even see more overtakings there rhan during a whole F1 season. Hahaha

I am just kidding ... :p

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That being said Schumacher got beaten by Rosberg who is a GOAT too;)
    Just messing with u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackie and bill, ktu and william like this.
  13. You better be! :mad:
    (You know I don't care anyhow....watchin' F1, I'm watchin THE best (all ten teams) do what they do....:) 'Afraid it ain't gonna be so much longer.:()

14. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro

I was fortunate to meet both Hamilton and Bottas. Both were very warm and accommodating. Bottas was actually much more open and talkative than on Camera. The Mercedes Silver Arrows club has a superb moderation team and they asked for questions from the floor. so I raised my hand and asked "Can you tell us about your most favorite memory about Niki Lauda? " and Bottas came over and spoke to me eye to eye, and said: " It remember it well, when I won my first race he came over with his arms stretched out and took off his hat for a big hug" and he then got a little choked up, and came over and shook my hand and signed a hat for me..... moderator said what a great question.... when I kinda looked around the whole room was subdued, and totally focused on what Bottas said.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have some of Hamilton - but I took them with my Nikon & have not down loaded them yet.... he had this weird getup on ... his dress sense and mine are not aligned! He said that this was the first race his whole family was attending... and then he talked about his mom and step mom & dad...

Anthony H -was directly across from us after the race - it was a great moment when he went over to hug him.... I suspect that he and the family left quickly for LA - that is where his dog were and he wanted to get back to them.... nice kid.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

trumpet77, subirg, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  16. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Awesome story Tom. Thanks for sharing.

cmos and 375+ like this.
  17. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #167 LamboLover, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Jenson won in Hamilton's rookie season.*

Michael got beat twice by Jacques in Jacques' rookie & sophomore seasons while he was already a 2x champion. "GOAT, lolololol".

Honestly, your literal red-tinted glasses make your statements hilariously easy to turn around. Michael will always be a great, but he wasn't without surprises similar to Rosberg beating Hamilton.

Edit*Correction, Lewis was a defending champ when Jenson beat him in his 3rd season.

william and cmos like this.
  18. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    I'd take 83 non exceptional races for 6 World Championships, thank you very much. I also think Prost, Lauda, Stewart and Rosberg are on record as to how badly Hamilton sucks. You don't have to like him, and not everyone does, but credit where credit is due. He has more F1 race wins than any of us typing on this forum, so who are we to pass judgement on his driving ability?

ktu and william like this.
  19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    ++

6 time WDC is a remarkable achievement. Give credit where credit is due.

Gator, ktu, showme1946 and 1 other person like this.
  20. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

Jacques beat MS in a different car. Both Rosberg and Jenson beat Hamilton in the same car. That's like saying Lecrec beat Hamilton this season in his sophomore year. I don't get your point.

21. cmos

cmos Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Johny English
    Credit to McLaren and Mercedes for letting both of their drivers race against each other for the championship during those seasons. I respect all three drivers for their abilities during those seasons.

22. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    We race in an era where the major strategy is tire preservation. Driving to preserve tires (and eliminate a pit stop) does not often look exciting. But it is often harder than chasing someone down.
    Beating Max in Austria WAS exciting.

william likes this.
  23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I see nothing exciting about saving tires, in fact i see nothing exciting about Elton's driving, wich i fully understand, since when he can't overtake someone, he starts whining and they give him the trophy in the end, even when he arrived behind others!"
    On the other hand i conced he has become pretty good at saving tires, he was absolute rubbish at it in his first years, i remenber his first 2 outings at the Hungaroring, what a disgrace...of course, with those ilegal rims the MA(fia) alowed Merc to use and Special tires (courtesy by Pirelli) things become a lot easier.

stavura likes this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I do, Credit to Mercedes and the FIA!

stavura, fil and 375+ like this.
  25. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

ago car nut likes this.