AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Robb, Jul 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Signed up to go. Will bring two cars to the concours which I have never experienced... so we’ll see how it goes.

Looking forward to the pleasure drives in our back yard.

Robb

2. Toby Tyke

Toby Tyke Karting

Nov 15, 2017
    SoCal & Singapore
    Full Name:
    Toby Tyke
    I just signed up too. Also doing concours for the first time. Making a trip from Singapore for this event, and maybe a little bit of house hunting at the same time.

3. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    We are going to Singapore for the first time on July 14th. Any car events going on then

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

4. Toby Tyke

Toby Tyke Karting

Nov 15, 2017
    SoCal & Singapore
    Full Name:
    Toby Tyke
    Slim pickings I’m afraid ! You are coming 2 months too early! F1 is mid Sept.

Way2fast likes this.
  5. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Ill be there as well - planning to debut the 58 Ellena and I have two customer cars entered as well.

Should be a BUSY time!!!!!

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    What car/model will be celebrated?

7. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    58 ferrari ellena, 66 GTC and 200? maranello 6 speed

amenasce likes this.
  8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    :), i mean what is the event's feature car?

synchro likes this.
  9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    sorry i do not know

10. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Just got a club email that the early bird discount rate is ending in 2 weeks for the International Meet June 6-10, 2019.
    Save some cash by registering now.
    http://fca2019.net

If any of your Dino or Vintage Ferrari customers would like more after the International Meet then I am running a volunteer trip
    DinoRally.com
    For those that can't get enough and want to get off the highways we are applying TracWrap then driving the back roads to Sedona for 3 nights, daily drives to The Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and Route 66 planned.

12. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I understand the Vault may have had a change? has anyone been there recently?

13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I just saw the email that this meet is almost full, best get a registration while you can

14. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    For those of you attending the FCA 2019 Annual Experience I am excited to tell you that this years “Featured Car” will be a Ferrari 333 SP raced by none other than Didier Theys who will be in attendance.

Thanks,

Stephen Gould
    Regional Director
    FCA-Desert Region
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Way2fast likes this.
  15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you .
    Can you confirm that there is no featured Ferrari model (e.g. F430, Lusso, GTC etc)

16. Ferrarimondial348

Ferrarimondial348 Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    The “Featured Ferrari” IS the 333 SP.
    However, there are two other Ferrari’s that will be showcased but I’m not at liberty to disclose there identity. What I can tell you is you will not be disappointed.

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Thank you for the kind reply.
    I'm in my 26th year of FCA membership and that is slightly different than the past for the Intl Meet "featured car' so I appreciate you clarifying.

In 2012, Allen Faulkner led many of us from The Desert Region to the Intl Meet in Palm Springs where the the GTO was the featured Ferrari. In the few weeks before the event no legacy GTOs had registered nor ended up attending and my friend, Steven Hill, got a last minute call to bring his 288GTO.

It now seems prudent you selected the 333SP as the featured Ferrari

18. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I have to say that I am disappointed that the latest emails have a lot of...

There is no room to park here and there so “Do not drive your car...”

At registration at the hotel, “Do not drive your car...”

At Penske night event, “Do not drive your car...”

At the dinners, “Do not drive your car...”

At the western dance, “Do not drive your car...”

At the...

You get the idea. I’ll see how it goes but the whole point for me is to bring my car with me...

I guess other than the concours on the grass, where you need the car, I’ll be driving with others and not attending the other stuff, so when you have low attendance at some of these things, the organizers will know why.

Robb

copterjon likes this.
  19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well seeing as how I cannot take their bus from the hotel I plan on driving my car to each and every afore mentioned event.

Robb likes this.
  20. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Few GTOs come to any club event these days for a variety of reasons. Having seen the list, this event however will have a very wide range of cars attending, more diverse than most others I have attended.

Robb likes this.
  21. pvolny

pvolny Rookie

May 23, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Peter I. Volny
    Feature car is the 333SP.

22. pvolny

pvolny Rookie

May 23, 2015
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Full Name:
    Peter I. Volny
    Let me explain. When we put in our submission to host the event here in Scottsdale we were told to expect 250-300 people, but now we have about 700 coming. I guess the allure of 80+ degree weather in November is very appealing. Our team here, and at FCA National, have worked exceptionally hard to put together a very comprehensive and hopefully fun program. We booked 150 rooms at the hotel based on the forecasted attendance but have secured a parking lot right across the street from the hotel so it's literally a five minute walk and has lots of room. The Penske Museum, is fabulous, but there is very limited parking there so we have rented coaches to take us there with the added benefit of not having to drink and drive. The same is true of the Western Night on Friday where we have some fun things happening. Our drive/rally organizers have put together lots of optional drives that will show you some truly spectacular scenery, and driving roads, and they are far more enjoyable places to exercise your car rather than in heavy traffic on Scottsdale Rd. Please understand that we have planned this for maximum enjoyment and minimum frustration so I hope that you will leave us next Sunday having had a great time...even in the party buses. Please contact me to discuss your concerns. Peter Volny.

Nospinzone and azfast1 like this.
  23. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Well I’m the OP who relayed the good news as soon as I received word. I obviously was and still am excited about the event although I mentioned my concerns about the hotel location and grounds 2 and a half years ago. I’ll leave it at that.

I’ll also say that my hat is sincerely off to you and all the other organizers and volunteers for the time and energy to put on the show. Thank you very much.

I work on the road most of the year so I looked forward to “attending” the event in my home area rather than “volunteering to work” the event so I could actually enjoy my limited time centered around the cars and owners. I registered very early in the process right after it opened up so I didn’t miss out. Early registrants could have received a reserved parking spot at the main hotel in the “center of the action” rather than getting bumped by late registering guests with no extra room for cars. So another idea for the future committees.

I also attended the 60th anniversary of Ferrari in NA in Beverly Hills years earlier where the FCA and Ferrari Spa underestimated the numbers needed for parking and had lots of out of the way little pockets of cars not on the main drag that were hidden and not particularly secure. That also was a bummer to be part of their record numbers but to not be on the main display drag or area.

Let’s get one message straight to send to all FCA representatives for future lessons learned...

Seeing and being immersed in ALL the cars (even if not on the grass) is a critical part to enjoying all the events of any gathering.

Penske also missed a huge opportunity and I’m sure photo op to not shuffle their cars in their gigantic parking areas to be able to flood it with our Ferrari’s.

I’m signed up for the concours and all three days of pleasure drives and the rally. I’ll bring my cameras and will be posting many of the cool adventures. I look forward to seeing my friends coming from all across the globe.

Robb

24. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So far so good. lobby of the hotel looks great and so far enough parking.

Robb likes this.
  25. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb