2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers*** | Page 80 | FerrariChat

2019 Formula One Season ***Possible Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Dec 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Verstappen, who finished third, said it was "not strange" that Ferrari were off the pace, telling Dutch television: "That's what happens when you're caught cheating."
    It prompted an angry response from Binotto, who called Verstappen's allegations "very disappointing," noting that Vettel was just 12-thousandths of a second off pole position, while Leclerc was only a tenth of a second back.
    "I believe yesterday we have been very close to the pole position, as it has been in the last races. I think that Seb could have scored the pole yesterday, maybe a bit too much cautions in one corner," Binotto said.

daytona355 likes this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

No they don’t, anyone with a brain thinks he is a total ****, believe me. There are thick pricks as we know that seem to want to have his babies, but the average Brit doesn’t think he’s all that. His stats are boosted by the Mercedes which has been unbeatable for the past six years, and he himself, despite being protected by the entire team, was beaten by Rosberg, and almost beaten twice otherwise by Nico, but for rather sinister mechanical issues in the last race of the season, and team orders that forced Nico to let the human turd past him. Remember how they tried to convince everyone that the crash in Spain was Nico’s fault despite the fact Elton tried to drive through him from behind! Couldn’t make up the ******** Nico has to put up with once it was clear Toto and the rat (RIP) had bestowed the full force of Mercedes behind Elton as a clear number one driver despite the outward bollocks that there were no team orders etc.

any Brit with a brain makes their mind up from performance on track, the ability to enhance the performance of the team and car by brilliance, and their personality..... on all of these, Elton is completely outclassed by any of the greats of the sport, he is only ahead by stats created by the Mercedes and the FIA having decided Mercedes cannot be allowed to lose. How many times are they caught with illegal parts, only to be told to quietly remove them ONCE THE TITLES ARE WON, whereas one tiny rumour and Ferrari have to tow a ****ing mobile testing unit behind their cars for months to prove they aren’t cheating.

3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Max talks **** all the time, normally to deflect from the fact he either smashed into someone doing something stupid, or managed to **** up and lose a race he might have won...... what a wanker

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    +1

the dutch media make the brits look logical and balanced about their favourite driver...

Max is the last person you'd look to for sportsmanship or intelligent driving.

5. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Max, intelligent driving, and sportsmanship ,in the same sentence is a laugh :p

Its328 and daytona355 like this.
  6. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Fixed, I blame Wes.;);)

7. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Wes is a true gentleman and a lovely man and would never allude to such an accusation ....... today :p

8. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    That was the 2014, when Nico had the ERS failure in the final race. But if you recall, Nico only retained the mathematical eligibility for the title because that was the year of the much derided double points finale. 11 race wins vs. 5 put things into perspective, and tells you all you need to know about who was the stronger driver that season...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I'm inclined to think that if Ferrari were actually doing what what rumored (deliberately intending to trick/disrupt the operation of an FIA sensor) there would be much more fallout than simply a issuing a clarification directive. It's seems an awfully dangerous game to play (as I would think the FIA would take an extremely dim view on such a thing) which is why I'm not at all convinced...

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    wrong. It was when he developed a sudden loss of his steering systems on the grid and had to retire. Why did you follow me here, why aren’t you in the Mercedes f1 section with the rest of Eltons boyfriends?

Gizzi likes this.
  11. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks Moretti.

Steve355F1 and jmillard308 like this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No, it's correct - the steering system failure on the grid was earlier in the year, in Singapore... not in the final race in Abu Dhabi.

13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    in Abu Dhabi Rosbergs car mysteriously developed issues so it could not take the fight to your hero, fact. Nico was robbed by Mercedes, and elton benefitted by Toto and Nikis favouritism. Elton is a ****, carried by the Mercedes dominant car, he hasn’t the talent to do what Michael did and work with a team to make it the best, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He isn’t fit to lick Michaels boots.

why do you insist on following me here? Last time you did it, the Aussies saw you off with your tail between your legs. We don’t like Elton fans much in here, and it isn’t the Mercedes f1 section

Gizzi likes this.
  15. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks moretti :p

16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yeah

17. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    So amid the speculation that Ferrari have cheated and been caught, here's what I've gleaned from reading and hearing commentary.

Up until now, due to lack of down force the Ferrari was very slippery and a rocket down the straights but relatively slow through the corners.

The last weekend in America the Ferrari was still the fastest down the straights, but the speed margin was halved. This lead people to believe this new technical directive had caught Ferrari out.

However, Brundle and Co noticed that Ferrari were as fast through the corners as the other cars and surmised that Ferrari must have added down force, which also slowed them down the straights.

Also, Binotto claims that the directive came through so late that Ferrari hadn't even had time to digest it and make changes if they are required.

It was ridiculous for Max to accuse Ferrari of cheating. That might end up biting him on the bum.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Max is a ****

19. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton have "agreed" to stop bickering in the media.
    That is the news not only from the Red Bull-Honda driver's father Jos, but world champion Hamilton himself.
    Recently, Verstappen and Hamilton have traded verbal barbs in the media, but Jos says he has urged his son to back down.
    "He and Lewis don't have to be friends," he told Ziggo Sport.
    "But I have talked with Max about this, and I hope next time we do not have to discuss it in the press.
    "He should focus on his work on the track, as he does already, and when journalists raise the issue, pretend that nothing happened," Jos added.
    "I saw that Max and Lewis talked before the race (in Austin) and they have agreed not to criticise each other in the press. If something happens, they will discuss it among themselves."
    Hamilton confirmed that he spoke with Verstappen in the US.
    "I was like 'dude, you're such a great racer, let's just squash whatever there is between us'," the Mercedes driver told Channel 4.
    Jos Verstappen said recently that he thinks Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel are "threatened" by Max.
    He now adds: "Personally, I think Lewis is afraid of Max on the track.
    "It's evident when you see them on track - he (Hamilton) is prepared for a tough fight every time Max is near him.
    "This is to the credit of Max, who achieved it with his driving style and his way with the press."
    1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve says he sees nothing wrong with the rivalry between Hamilton and Verstappen, including their clash in qualifying in Austin.
    "The fans enjoyed the incident," he told Sky Italia. "It is exactly the rivalry we want in Formula 1."

fil and daytona355 like this.
  21. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Poor old woman beater Jos is full of **** , the other drivers are worried about Max all right, the fact he'll slam into them is their great worry !!

It's his lack of skill that is worrying them in tight situations as he has no respect for anyone

fil and daytona355 like this.
  22. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  23. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003