SEMA F355 wide body. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

SEMA F355 wide body.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  2. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Tim, Japan is not the only place for the extreme. Mustang when to much is just not enough. Spotted here in Charlotte two weeks ago at Auto Fair. :eek:

3. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    This looks like a Fiero kit car trying to be an F40.

jimmym and WATSON like this.
  4. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Agreed - I think the Koenig looks horrible and definitely didnt age well

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Unfortunately so. But as I recall, based on time-lines, the Keonig 348 preceded the Fiero/Ferrari kit cars (355 replicas).

6. 275GTB

275GTB Formula 3

Jan 12, 2010
    London
    Full Name:
    Mark McCracken
    Tim the F512 GTB is so outrageously brilliant! I have not seen many recent updates on the car, how is it performing, is it totally finished now?

thanks for sharing
    Mark

7. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    No I bought now many parts new for rebuilt the motor and painting.....and I have to repair my Maranello and my RR......so much work...and sometimes I must earn money for all this. But next year I trailer with my RR my two little Ferraris and dreams get reality...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. schnazzy

schnazzy Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2008
    Seattle
    The cars did show up at sema.

As for the 308, I can't see the engine or interior but the outside looks pretty cool. I like to run my cars low so I am not sure about the rear clearance. Maybe it's on bags but it'd still be nice to run this low with little interferance. Interior like a GTO, engine nice and tidy (maybe a 360 motor), bam!
    As for the 355, Not a fan of the wrap but I assume they wrapped it due to time as well as they chose the pattern to hide blemishes. Love the effort. Being an armchair quarterback I'd have done a few things different. The roundness of the front flares doesn't really match the body design in my uneducated experience but I do like how the front and rear quarters end. Rear quarters same concern towards the front. Not sure the value of the hood and they covered the turn signals. I think they had a good plan and got sema rushed.

Also the car hauler is cool too.

Tubi Sales likes this.
  9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    The 308 is at 1:05 and the 355 is at 4:10
    I actually really like the 308. nice smooth lines, modern, but classy, looks performance built like a race car.
    Overall, I dislike the 355. There are elements I like, including the rear wing, rear engine cover, the exhaust and the stance, but the the gaps with the original body visible are hideous IMO. It looks flimsy, low effort. I wish they would have made it more in the style of the 308.

jimmym and INTMD8 like this.
  10. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    So now for the engine.
    Can I assume that this twin turbo engine is just for decorative looks and non working? Or is it a fully working system on a fully rebuilt and prepared engine? Intercoolers act?
    I would have guessed that the placement of the turbos would concentrate great red hot glowing heat towards the plastic plenums. At a guess it's a low pressure system. I dont know, any thoughts? Or does any one have any information on this?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    That 308 would be so awesome without the wing.

willrace and jimmym like this.
  12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Wouldn't the air intake filters on that F355 be in a negative pressure area?

13. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    It is a fully functional system with a lot of custom work done by Eric @boostscientist and @voodooautosport.
    I can speak with them in regards to how the system was done and post information when I hear back.

14. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    The Livery/Wrap is based on the 1967 Ferrari LeMans racing Livery with a twist of course.

15. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Now a Word from the builder~

Eric @ Boost Scientist

For now the system is only going to make 5.5psi and has two huge intercoolers. So, the intake air temp shouldn't be much more than 15-20% hotter than ambient. He's more worried about the aged composite cracking. They are going to make a billet intake after SEMA and installed an AEM Stand Alone ECU, so that will not be an issue any more. Both Button and Eric refused to build a "pusher" for SEMA so they made do with what they had.

The Turbo's themselves are the new Echo Series from Xonarotor. They figured since the engine was perfectly centered into the car they wanted to continue the perfect symmetry throughout the build. Also, wanting to show the new TiAL products they mounted the BOV's and WG high. They were detailed to the point of the oil, water, and WG lines are all done in a stainless hardline symmetrically.

I'm sure that there is a better optimal way of doing this build but they wanted to try their best to showcase all of their sponsor's products in this build while maintaining their design philosophy.

16. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Well it looks fantastic and it's great that it actually works.
    Even at low pressure it should make some good power. So I can asume that because its low pressure, it still has standard pistons and internals.
    It would be great to know what power it is putting out.
    Thanks tubi sales for getting back to us regarding the set up :)

Tubi Sales likes this.
  17. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Jasonberkeley and 308 GTB like this.
  18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    All of these after-market wide body cars just seem to make genuine Ferrari's look like Fiero/MR2 kit-cars :(

They do a great job though, of making me appreciate even more just what a great job Pininfarina did in the first place, of getting the proportions of the standard cars just right! :cool:

308 GTB, jimmym and DaisyCutter like this.
  19. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Yeah it's show only. 99% of SEMA cars are this was. Damn American Cowboys will never understand us civilized old fools LOL

Lets see that bad boy do a 30 minute track time :)

20. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    I actually might pitch that to him. Let's see what happens once the other parts are done and installed.

21. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Would be easier to find some early aluminum plenums than make billet ones but both would work.

Dual outlet headers make turbo/wastegate plumbing easy :)

22. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Yeah that would be cool to see
    Where is he located, I mean whats the closest track?

23. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The wrap is hideous I don't care what it pays homage to. Definitely obscures what's going on with the body...

The hood vent nostrils are also gross IMO.

There's a lot to hate about this car for me...but the engine setup has piqued my interest. I would love to know more about the performance figures.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I appreciate the effort that went into building this...but the end result looks like it was rushed. From the rear it just looks like some panels hanging off the sides of the car (which is essentially true).

Besides what's going on in that engine bay...this is a hard pass for me. Even the engine bay required turning the buttresses into a hatch which IMO kills one of the best areas of the original 355's design.

Two thumbs down! Haterade is strong over here. :D

jimmym, KMR968Turbo and Wade like this.