Austin FCA F1 Reception 2019 - Dress Attire | FerrariChat

Austin FCA F1 Reception 2019 - Dress Attire

Discussion in 'Texas' started by VAF84, Nov 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Anyone actually been to one? Is it a jeans/dress shirt/blazer type event? I'm leaning towards Texas tuxedo as recommended in the email, but does that include bow tie/cummerbund? Never tried wearing Texas Tux before, although I typically do the aforementioned attire for business casual. Don't want to overdo it, but rather overdo than under dress.

2. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    The Ferrari reception in Capri was fairly glitzy, but you can really get away with anything in Austin. You will see everything. Enjoy it!

BigTex likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks! Just got back. For future reference, the above is correct. Saw everything from slacks and blazers, to suits, to jeans and blazer, and the Texas Tux. It was not super formal, basically just dress well. Nothing would be out of place unless you showed up in shorts or a T-shirt.

FerrariTexas likes this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Glad you attended!!

Now you know, there's a tuxedo bow tie/cumberbund set that IS the Texas flag!
    So that would hit the nail on the head.

But suit and tie (I forgot I had brought a "Salute to the Spyder" version from the west coast) is fine and the gentlemen that drove his Spyder off, down the hallway was in a leather flight jacket!!

Good times.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #5 BigTex, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    The legendary Harvey Pennick spent his final years as the Pro there...…...it's a hallowed place in my mind.

Andy Fish's (our host) father was an early member of the Club.

VAF84 likes this.
  6. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    There were a few people rocking ascots. Trying to figure out if I can pull that off at 39...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FerrariTexas likes this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Next year we can both wear ascots; there's power in numbers, lol! I've been waiting for the right occasion to try one out anyway.