365BB luggage help needed... | FerrariChat

365BB luggage help needed...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TerryG!, Nov 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    So... in the documentation for my 365 GT4 BB I see that the original purchaser ordered and took delivery of 2 custom made suitcases. I presume, but I do not know for certain, that these would be to fit behind the seats - held in by the vertical straps. The cases have long since been lost to the car but wouldn't it be good to, if not find the originals (fat chance!), conjure some recreations? But - what did/should they look like?

Were they made by Schedoni? Perhaps but maybe not, as the car is 1974 and I believe Schedoni were only contracted by Ferrari in 1977. Although perhaps there were trial orders with them and possibly other potential suppliers in the preceding few years.

Do any of you F-chatters have any pictures of, or information on, specifically 365 GT4 BB luggage that you might care to share?

Any information appreciated, thank you.

2. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
  3. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Hello Simon, thanks for responding. If you're right then perhaps the way is wide open to create some cases 'in the style' of the 512 items.
    Terry

4. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
  5. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Very smart!

6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    For the 365BB there is no official Ferrari or Schedoni supplied luggage as indeed Schedoni started Ferrari work around 1978. The first official Schedoni BB luggage was produced for the 512BB and later for the 512BBi. interesting to lean the 365BB had luggage specified on the invoice. Maybe local handcraft work.

I actually have one genuine 512BB luggage bag available. It is already shown above by Tim. Only 22 sets were ever made for the 512BB. BB and BBi luggage is very rare stuff and almost impossible to find. Here more detailed pics of my bag.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Interesting replies, thank you Tim and VetroresinaNL.

As my car is red with a black interior I am leaning towards having something made in black, in the style of the cases you've kindly shown in the pictures.

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  8. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart