winter storage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

winter storage

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by c8spidey, Oct 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    It does get a little toasty here in July and August but I moved here from Montana 12 years ago(lived there all my life)to get out of the snowy/cloudy winters in Whitefish and have never looked back haha. I bought my 458 from Ferrari of Denver and they delivered it to me and told me to let know them know if I needed service to call them and they would come and get the car. I do my service stuff myself so haven’t had to call them.

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Thanks. Good to know.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    What kind of tires do you have for the trip?
    T

4. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Radiant heated garage, factory car cover. Whole car inside a "Car bag" with several mouse snap traps baited regularly. Car taken out and started every 2 or 3 weeks to let run and heat up. Winter is too long here, and there is plenty of time to spend in the garage. ;)

5. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Jeez-the definition of "winter storage" has been redefined-nice info.I have used glue traps instead of bait .Not sure if they're better cause a mouse was actually never caught, but that's all that matters

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    From experiences at the cottage, glue traps don’t work as well in cold temps. I think the glue hardens and isn’t as sticky. They worked ok in the summer, but never caught a thing over winter,
    Some would say they may be less humane when they work, as well...but thats debatable.

7. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    Just drove my 355 today. 50s. Hoping for a mild winter. Nothing like a bright red Ferrari on the roads in fall and better winter months.

Attached Files:

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Alaska.

I'll add the last time I run my car before putting it away I make sure it is fully up to operating temperature.

9. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Jim,

When do you typically take the cars out of storage to use again in the spring?

10. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g

11. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    for me when all signs of redisual snow and sandy,salty roads are gone-usaually mid -late April.

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I saw a post recently where a guy trailers his car to Florida for the winters. ;)

I'm thinking about the opposite for the summers.