355 - NLA | FerrariChat

355 NLA

Discussion in '348/355' started by watkinsgt, Nov 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Gents. My '99 355 is now on it's 3rd Oil Tank. It was 3X the original price and surprisingly hard to find. I'm
    stashing a spare. As parts become increasingly unavailable, have any of the knowledgeable among us compiled a list of Increasingly Extinct Essential Components advisable to stockpile against their becoming No Longer Available?

2. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    3rd oil tank? I haven't heard of many failures of these. It couldn't be welded?

3. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    Yes, it could be welded. I'm welding the takeoff and stashing it as a spare. Each cracked in a different place. This one on the bottom. My first new one 10 yrs. ago was $565. This latest new one was $1705 and unexpectedly difficult to locate. Got me thinking - what else should I be stashing away?

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It's a tank how does it fail do you mean maybe threads for a sensor stripped? There is huge of parts NLA from dash vents to engine oil lines. If it were only 2 or 3 it would nice. I had compiled a list over $20K of nla parts to find.

5. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Supply and demand. I wouldn't be worried about NLA parts with the direction 3D printing is headed.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Can someone print me a MAF sensor?

Jackie and bill likes this.
  7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    They can be rebuilt. And if you know what to look for they aren't hard to find.