Carbon sport seats ? | FerrariChat

Carbon sport seats ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Skippr1999, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Been looking for the right 458 with sport seats and started wondering if these seats are as stiff as the seats in my CS. Anyone have the answer ?

The CS Seats are great for the purpose the car was designed for, but they aren’t what I want for longer drives in my future 458.

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Have had 2 458’s with race seats and they are comfortable . Have sat in CS race seats and they felt thinner/firmer.
    I wouldn’t buy another 458 with the antiquated Daytona design personally.

docf and Caeruleus11 like this.
  3. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    I find the carbon race seats fantastic, very comfortable. They seem to be built just right, at least for me. Drove my 458 from the LA area back to Phoenix (5 1/2 hours) and thought the seats were great.

Also agree that the Daytona seats feel old, and make the car feel old. The carbon seats on the other hand have the opposite effect and make the car feel very modern and new.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
  5. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Much appreciated guys. Sounds like they will be fine for me. They look fantastic!

6. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I just wish they were heated too!

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Yep. It’s getting chilly

River Rat 458 likes this.
  8. Nsd991

Nsd991 Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2012
    Very comfortable. Agree makes the interior.

9. triathgeek

triathgeek Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2010
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I would like a set for my 458. Where can I get the best price for new or used?

DefunctNeurons and IloveGT like this.
  10. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Same here.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  11. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    New from Ferrari they are obscenely expensive (>$20k). They pop up here on Fchat every now and then. When they pop up for sale, they tend to sit around a little while if priced over 10k, but sell quickly at 9k or less.

If they pop up in size (L), you better get to 'em before I do ...:D:D:D

Mike

12. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Ditto! Nero with red stitching, please!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    I personally have had one 458 with base (not Daytona) seats, and I currently have one with race carbon seats: I find the latter not only much better looking and lighter, but even more comfortable. I have the L size and both myself (1,8m, medium sized) and my girlfriend (1.7m, thin body) consider them perfect! I usually drive the car for short trips, but also I do regularly make a 3hrs drive with no problem at all.
    Just a couple of notes: of course you know there is no height adjustment, that is very racy and cool, but not so much if you're short and can't see outside the windows, and mind you you: as you won't have the powered seats and position memory, you also won't have the reverse gear self adjusting rearview mirror, which is a very desirable feature for me.
    As for all the rest it's a no brainer to me.
    I hope it helps.

14. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks for your input

15. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    I have race seats in my 458 spider and concur that they are great.
    To answer your query, I am using my buddy's info. He had a CS, Scud, Italia with race seats and now a Speciale. He made it very clear that the CS seat is narrower in hip area vs the more current seat. He likens the CS seat to the current seat in a size small or maybe medium as the best way to describe the difference in seat fitment.
    Best

16. Rory breaker

Rory breaker Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2017
    One of the musts. Daytona’s look dated and the base seats are boring. Like the CF wheel, mandatory IMO.

SoCal to az and dustman like this.
  17. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
    You are very lucky I don't have any Ferrari ;):(;)

18. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I just want to make sure the 458 seats aren’t as firm as the CS. I have large CS seats, most of them are large. They are very firm for a street car, but it’s a very purpose built car.

19. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    The seats themselves aren't that much more padded, but the car itself is so much more comfortable, and that makes a huge difference. I've spent as much as 8 hours in both, and while the CF seats are firmer than standard/electric seats, over long durations, the CF seats support much better which leads to less fatigue.
    I would say avoid CF seats with the Daytona pattern though. The pattern itself makes the seat more uncomfortable.

20. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

.....yeah, ......in retrospect, I probably could have phrased that better.

Mike

21. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    I'm 6'3 240 lbs. and I love my CF race seats in my 458 . I'm not sure what size they are but the Daytona's hurt my but right where my wallet sits , not that there's anything left in it . I'm glad I didn't listen to the salesman that claimed I would not like them

22. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree. I have the CF sport seats with alcantara, so the center is smooth. They are soooo comfortable!

23. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    As my butt has never been in the CS I will not try and make a definitive statement. Others have said the suspension is likely your biggest issue with the CS and I think that is a valid point. Plus, the CS seat is much more extreme in side bolstering and shoulder contour. You will have more freedom to move which by nature decreases fatigue/discomfort.
    Best

24. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN