ferrari service | FerrariChat

ferrari service

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by dave308, Nov 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave308

dave308 Rookie

Nov 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dave johnson
    Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy an old 308 with carbs from a private person. Who would you recommend for service.
    I see P1, Pocono, Wide world, Miller, motor car classic Long island ETC. I'm located in Westchester County.
    Any Ideas.
    Thank you.
    Dave

2. Lenvo65

Lenvo65 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2005
    Bergen Cty NJ
    Auto Elite - Tenefly NJ

3. dave308

dave308 Rookie

Nov 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dave johnson
    Thank you,
    Today 2 people told me about B& A Automotive in Mamaroneck. Anthony has worked on a lot of Ferrari's
    Does anybody have any feedback about them.
    Thank you

4. Drae

Drae Rookie

Jul 3, 2016
    Check out Automotive Restoration in Stratford.....Ferrari experts, garage is a working museum.....very user friendly

5. dave308

dave308 Rookie

Nov 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Dave johnson
    Thank you,
    Will do.
    Buddy told me about P1, and Pocono and 2 friends told me about this shop in Mamaroneck. B & A Any body has any experience with any of the shops.
    Thank you
    looks like I'm going to be able to get the 308.
    Thanks everybody for your help.

6. andre#4

andre#4 Rookie

Jul 29, 2011
    This is out of your way but in Morristown NJ, a place called New Vernon coachworks and I have used them for about 20yrs. The owner is Steve and my favourite mechanic there is Marvin. I haven't used them in a couple years, my car hasn't needed anything that I can't do in a long time. But they are there. With those guys you can trust them, you don't have to keep asking questions and giving directives. Just hand them the car they give it back fixed, and quickly. Their rates are average but they work faster than most, and only charge for the hours they work, so they end up being less expensive than a place like Midas or Pep Boys. (I only know this because I have sent my friends with their buicks and oldsmobiles to him, and they can get their cars fixed for less money at the coachworks even paying double the hourly rate, and that comes from honesty and competence). So I find that even if my car is a couple hundred miles from his place, I still favour sending it to him because I can trust him not to run up a $10,000 bill needlessly. They fix what you ask them to fix, and advise you if anything else is needed, which you decide upon. In short, this is how most car mechanics did business in 1950. Using honesty and competence, rather than mercenary savagery and vandalism. I have sent my old cadillacs and my Rolls Royces to him, but his lot is half full of Ferraris, the rest jaguars, RR and B, and other english. Marvin showed me once, they had a complete 308 motor, brand new in a crate from Marenello. Not rebuilt. New. I didn't even know there were any of those. He also doesn't charge storage fees if you fail to collect the car on time.

Cheers.

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    from westchester just goto P1...no reason to go anywhere else...

never heard of BA and ive heard of everyone