Aussie New 328 Mystery? | FerrariChat

Aussie New 328 Mystery?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by PJM308, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PJM308

PJM308 Rookie

Dec 29, 2016
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Paul Miller
    Hi, I have an 87 328 GTS that was sold new in Australia (to someone living in NZ). There is a kiwi wife's tale that there was no Ferrari dealer in NZ for a small peroid and that new cars came from Australia (or it was a tax break as a tourest delivery??). Anyway - the car is 69339 and sold by Maranello Concessionaires (Aust) Ltd. It's Aust rego plate was CPV133 (or OPV133). It has 1 service dealer stamp six months later in NSW and then no history until being registered in NZ in 1993. Can I find out more about the histroy of the car in Aust and when it was exported or road taxed etc. based on the rego. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Paul.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Well your car has probably been poisoned by your mob constantly beating our mob at God's sport of RUGBY.
    There is no mention of your car in the current Aussie club register.......however there maybe a saviour of that history by WRX(FFS when are you going to get rid of that moniker??) MIKE who knows friggin' everything pertaining to Ferrari in OZ.......except for the other GOD.....in Qld.RH.

PJM308 likes this.
  3. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Pm WRXMike....He will likely have all the info on your car....

PJM308 likes this.
  4. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    That's what I said.

5. PJM308

PJM308 Rookie

Dec 29, 2016
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Paul Miller
    Who is Mike? - can you kindly send some more details to contact him please. Cheers PM

6. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    PJM308 likes this.
  7. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    @PJM308

Just discovered this thread and also comment on fb.

James do you know more today about the early history of your car and Ferrari delivery in NZ at that time ? I already heard about "complicated" car early storie due tax break in NZ