Taken Off Market - 1990 Ferrari 348TS LAX Socal | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 1990 Ferrari 348TS LAX Socal

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by renn20, Sep 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. renn20

renn20 Karting

Aug 21, 2019
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    KL
    I purchased this Ferrari recently, I can no longer keep it as planned. I live in a condominium complex with two assigned spots (daily and Porsche 964) in a gated garage. I was going to rent an additional spot from my neighbor for this new addition, but that plan no longer works. The main reason for selling is Due to the complex financial situation in my grad school I recently started, with Time management between school, full time job, planning my wedding. I simply won't find myself enjoying the car at all this year. When I asked the seller, "Do you want to buy the car back?" I was 85% serious.

Here's the car

1990 Ferrari 348TS. 48k miles. Red with Tan interior. targa top painted body color. Everything on this car works as it should.

3 keys, Toolkit, Records to first owner, Manuals, targa top cover are all included.

clean title, Accident free. Clean Carfax report (available upon inquiry)

Major service was performed I believe 13k miles ago. It received engine out service, belts, water pump, clutch were all replaced at the time. AC compressor also replaced with r134a upgrade, and some other minor stuff. Receipts for all the parts are in the record. The car as averaging around 2500 miles per year in the last 3 years or so. Buy may want to do a major service. But I was told I can stretch it for another 2 years if I only drive it on the weekends.

Engine out service was well documented by one of the previous owner who's also a member on the forum. Please check http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/348-355-sponsored-bradan/429582-ferrari-348-engine-out-service.html

Exterior. Exterior is 8.5/10 in my opinion. One small scratch on the driver mirror, one small paint chip on the rear bumper just below the rear reflector size of a grain of rice. Both are touched up with factory Ferrari paint. Otherwise the paint is excellent.

Interior, the Ferrari build quality from then. Definitely not Porsche, A lot of leather. They are soft. And there are no sticky plastics. Driver's seat shows very little wear on the bolster. A few marks on the plastic near the drive door sill from going in and out. The mouse track seat belt runner has been removed. and one wheel has small curb mark on it. it’s a 30 years old. I would rate it 8/10

Mechanically, starts right up, idle smoothly and pull strong. Before relocating to Los Angeles, The car was always serviced at Sport Auto in NC by their certified Ferrari tech named Tom Jones. This is a very reputable Shop. Forum members have only nice thing to say about them.

This car is well maintained. As you should see with the records. It looks excellent. And well taken care off. But keep in mind this is a 30 years old car. You will find small things here and there. But I wouldn't hesitate to drive the car cross country.

Why do I want to keep the 964 instead of the Ferrari? I have the 964 for 7 years and counting, I drove across the country with it. Too much memory to let it go.

Car is in 15 mins Uber ride from LAX in Los Angeles, asking $49800

I can show the car on Sunday only. Please Excuse me with this. I have 25hrs of school work and a full time job every week. I will try my best to accommodate PPI.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

FerrariTexas and 11Rosso458 like this.
  2. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Nice! I almost bought this car...I know he was pricing it with money for a major as well. GLWS

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Engine out service thread is from 2013, the car is due for another service rite now, 13,000 or 2 miles ago still gotta do it based on time. GLWS, these cars are fun

4. renn20

renn20 Karting

Aug 21, 2019
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    KL
    Yes. You are correct. I definitely would encourage new owner to do a major to have a fresh baseline

5. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks nice

6. renn20

renn20 Karting

Aug 21, 2019
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    KL
    The following service was done to address the triple seal leak on 11/8/2019
    New hill engineering throw out bearing installed.
    All new clutch related seals replaced.
    Replace triple seals.
    Re-greased flywheel.
    Redline 75w90ns gear oil changed.
    Mobile 1 euro blend synthetic oil changed, filters changed.
    Pass. side cv boot changed and repacked axle.
    Brand new quicksilver exhaust installed.

car drives great now. Price is OBO