Sold - 2017 Ariel Atom Carbon Fiber Edition | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2017 Ariel Atom Carbon Fiber Edition

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by SCFerrari, Nov 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    Like many cars, the options and set-up will make a slight difference. But the reality with most "specialty" cars is that they are much more readily available than they used to be. Some would prefer a 1-seater as opposed to 2, others would prefer the ecotec than the Honda turbo. Knowing that I can get a track toy for around $40-45k makes it tough to spend $65k when at that price point you can step up to a more robust street/track toy.

BOKE likes this.
  2. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks for the reply - I guess yes and no- the one you reference is a decade older .

3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    It is a decade older, but age doesn’t matter much in the Atom world.

These are such simple cars, and none have many miles.

Matt

4. ScudMarks

ScudMarks Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2018
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Mauer
    A decade older but still only 7k miles. Slightly different setups , but essentially in the end, a track biased toy that is difficult to justify to the wife and kids, unless you have a “secret” garage somewhere or buy an expensive bracelet to offset the $60k personal pleasure

5. underpressure02

underpressure02 Karting

Sep 21, 2013
    Did your atom come out of PA? It looks identical to Mike's old atom.

In regards to the original poster I think your price is more then fair considering what non turbo ones sell for on the Atom forum. Comparing an Atom 2 to a 3 turbo is apples to oranges. From my understanding TMI will not even sell replacement parts for the Atom 2.

If I didn't just spend a bunch more money on mods on my Atom 3s I would buy yours and sell mine. From what I have seen watching the cars that sell on the forum it takes a good deal of time, because you need to find the right person that wants to spend a good deal of money for a toy. I drive mine about 1500 to 2000 miles a year in PA and out of all the cars I own it is the most enjoyable and fun car to own.

Has the car ever been tagged? I bought mine out of FL and even though it was tagged it still took 4 months to get it through PA because they required enhanced inspection to get a tag on it. My friend just bought one out of AZ and after a year was still unable to get it tagged through PA so depending where the buyer is from it could make it difficult to get it on the road.

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I bought my Atom directly from Brammo back in 2006. It was not the one I linked to on BaT.

I was their third customer. Jay Leno was their second. I’m still wondering who their first was.

But I got to title and tag a Specially Constructed Vehicle in Pennsylvania. Which I did. I’m sure it was the first Atom to be registered in PA. It now lives near Chicago.

Matt

7. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
  8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Hey guys! This is the Go-Kart you always wanted as a kid, right?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Well step up Mr. Grownup. I've seen his Ariel Atom in person and it's awesome.
    No Briggs and Stratton engine on this one!

IloveGT likes this.
  9. underpressure02

underpressure02 Karting

Sep 21, 2013
    Oh ok. I think the one on BAT came from Mike in PA. It seems PA is getting harder to register them.

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Man... that thing is stunning. I've wanted one for a decade. I've heard that in AR they are easy to register. Heck, a side by side can get registered here somewhat easily. And AR also has perfect roads for it... ok... fine... I'll stop now. :)

GT

11. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    We had a go cart like this as a kid except it didn't have a motor. I'd hook a rope to my dirt bike and drag it with my brother driving. It was super fun b/c you could steer lock to lock and the bike would pull you straight. Great times... :)

GT

12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Personally I’d pay the relatively minor premium for the “as new” car, particularly when it’s something you plan on running around a race track.

13. AFKC

AFKC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 27, 2011
    Rob, I hope you and your family are doing well. My boys still talk about your “boat”. This is a bucket list car for me so very tempting...

14. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I’d pay a premium for an Ecotec with roll bars, which are necessary on many race tracks. And the roll bar is removable.

Even if it’s ten tears older.

My Atom:

LightGuy likes this.
  15. koisokok

koisokok F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 8, 2006
    nine 0 two one 0
    Went at it with one of these on Mulholland a couple years back. These are the real deal when it comes to performance and handling . GLWS

16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Plates etc:
    Montana Reg the car. $500
    Insurance:
    Rally Ins.
    Done.

I had one of these (same car almost). Sold it 6-7 months ago for $74k. Stellar cars that cut to the very quick of why all of love sports cars. Driving a 3s with 360HP is an experience impossible to equal in any other car outside of a race car. I may get one again..this time, a Nomad.
    New these cars are $100k+ now. https://www.arielna.com/arielatom/

SCFerrari likes this.
  17. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks - I thought my price was really fair, considering it’s got 774 miles on it total.. if I slow down over Christmas I might make some more effort to sell it somewhere else .. Just busy these days and not a lot of time ..

k wright, Robocop305 and dream cars like this.
  18. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Franz the dealer in AZ is your guy. He is actively buying and selling Ariels. Tell him Tim sent you his way...he has helped me several times.

19. 18 Speed Huffy

Apr 19, 2012
    Still for sale?

20. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I might be interested if it is still for sale.

Matt

21. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Car sold last year for more than I had it listed for here - sorry no fchatter took advantage of the deal.

vincent355 likes this.
  22. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I’m happy for you!

Matt