Ferrari ROMA | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #351 500tr, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Awaiting a new Ferrari model and nobody cares for it. Not the best start... Are there any clients in Rome the next days?

DGPF and Astrid.Didier like this.
  2. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    Nice! So modern and advance! It is like electricity!

3. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Again, I think this is going to be a shock. There is little anticipation for this car, but the clues Ferrari is dropping seem to indicate it's what so many of us have been desiring: Gorgeous, perhaps simple, Fun, and maybe even a bit of a throwback. I'm betting we all will be very pleasantly surprised.

4. Reiziger

Reiziger Rookie

Aug 22, 2018
    Disneyland
    Lets hope no amateur photo leaks before the official event, it kinda ruined the sf90 reveal.

Here's hoping that this thread is correct and we get a clean aesthetic design, however i think it's more likely to almost be a twin of the existing Portofino cabriolet.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Because they will offer it with a 3-pedal manual. :)

llk likes this.
  6. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    I just want to be the first to say that it looks like a Vette (the front-engine ones, of course). Whew! Glad we got that out of the way! Ha! ;-)

DGPF, C50, sampelligrino and 4 others like this.
  7. MelbourneCarl

MelbourneCarl Rookie

Dec 23, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Carl
    While it would be awesome if that's true, I'm struggling to believe that...

8. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    A boxter competitor

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

9. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Funny I think this is potentially the most interesting car Ferrari have launched in years. It's a further change from the California, mid V8, Front V12 Front v12 2+2 line up that has been the their stapple for a while. To me it looks like it will be the closest we will get to a modern 250SWB although I very much doubt it will come with the small capacity high revving V12 that would make it perfect IMO.

ARAUJO77, llk, isot and 1 other person like this.
  10. LosCules

LosCules Rookie

Apr 12, 2014
    Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Naufal A.
    Price will be too high to be a proper 718 rival

11. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, but four of them… ;)

ciao

llk likes this.
  12. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    So, my understanding is that the official pictures of the car will be released (on the website? Instagram) tomorrow (13th), and the official presentation will be on 14th in Rome (Teatro dell'Opera).

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The (first day/night of the) presentation is tomorrow Wednesday 13th.

Marcel Massini

mofatmi9, Ferrari 308 Vetro and kandi like this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am not aware of a 650 HP Boxster. Let alone that it will not be a convertible...

stavura, ingegnere and jpalmito like this.
  15. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    I love Ferrari, its rich heritage and everything that comes along with the brand. It's sad to see they're going to take away the exclusivity that Ferraris have been associated with for so long. With more than 10,000 cars being pushed out from Factory every year, that too with just the 2018 lineup alone... Exclusivity is simply not going to be there anymore.

16. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Tailorrmade could be the solution to the question of exclusivity and so is the Icona line and that’s the extreme end. If I were in the lucky position to purchase a Ferrari I think I would want to have it tailormade as to make it that more special and fit to me.

I live in the Middle East where there is no shortage of luxury goods/premium vehicles and yet it is still an event when you see a Ferrari on the road or parked (or any other luxury marque). So I don’t think these cars have become any less exclusive or lustful. Again this is all subjective and entirely my opinion.

Junaid10a likes this.
  17. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think whether or not it will be interesting, will be somewhat determined by weight. If it has the same engine as the Porto and it's also a porker like the Porto, then unless it's a GT, I fail to see the point of it. I'd say it'll need to be 1400 kg or less to be a good small size sportscar with that kind of power and engine placement. The 812 is heavier, but it also has an 800 PS V12 to scoot it along. If it's heavy and have 600 PS, it will sit so far from the other cars as a sportscar performance wise, so it makes a lot more sense to make it a GT that does not need to be as fast.

18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    That would be a really bad idea, and not what they usually do. Most clients prefer to see the car before pictures. They will hopefully release pictures along with the launch, rather than releasing pictures a day prior to launch.

I'm not going to be there, so I could care less, but I think it would be disservice to those attending to show the car online prior to launch.

19. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
  20. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Doug23 likes this.
  21. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
  22. CavallinoRosso

Oct 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    MS
    You can see the horizontal rear lights!

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    it will be a great car: front engined but stiffer (and more hardcore) than a Portofino, smaller than (the very big) 812, with more cabin room than the F8 (it will have rear seats for children or at least some extra luggage room). It will be like a faster and sportier Aston Martin DB11, but with the prancing horse on the bonnet and 100 extra Hp. The "competitor" is the DB11, but the Ferrari (Roma or Trevi, unfortunately the second name was of an unlucky Lancia) will be some steps forward

ciao

Caeruleus11, Doug23 and SAT4RE like this.
  24. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    polishhammer83 and paulchua like this.
  25. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    polishhammer83 likes this.