360 - For 360 owners with CS TCU flash, there's a catch | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 For 360 owners with CS TCU flash, there's a catch

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Wondering if a 2000 F1 can be “upgraded”...

2. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

short answer :yes
    long answer: yes. But if your tcu is a real old version, u need to replace the tcu hardware entirely.

3. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    I like those answers! Can you recommend a place that can look into this? Can the dealer do it? I worry every time the dealer is involved...

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

eric355 can do it. I can do it, but I am in China.

what to look into? It is not rocket science. For you, maybe the first step is to shoot a picture of your tcu and show us so that we can tell u if your tcu is flashable.
    if not, then u need to buy a tcu. It is located behind the passenger seat if you have a US spec or euro spec car.

dealers not required. But a suitable diagnostic computer needed.

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sorry only just saw this thread.

I can confirm this, I have mentioned this multiple times already but yes to fully take advantage of CS TCU you really need to upgrade your 360 firmware to run CS firmware too. This has multiple benefits, essentially several years improved calibration and bug fixes. Engine runs better for it. My latest SAK tool can handle all of the difference between model years if I know your original firmware to begin with it can adapt the original sensors etc to work on CS spec firmware. So you can stay running on stock modena air flow meters for example and it will calibrate the linearization table to whatever you car has today. This makes the conversion as good as if Bosch had done it.

... However you also now have many choices too. I've been working hard to improve the calibrations beyond what a normal tuner would do and I've found considerable amount of stuff which can pull out even more power and better drivability. More revealed soon.

Also I am now half way through my new setup too which allows you to real-time see any of the variables inside the engine on a tablet graphically (in 3d on opengl at 100fps) during running. You can literally choose to monitor from several thousand of them in real time and choose to log quite a few at very high frequency. So no more guessing you can see immediately whats going on. This will be very useful for many applications. I can also read and write during engine running direct to maps which I've relocated at startup from flash to ram specifically for the purpose so you can tune in real time and save the differences ready to be reflashed. I really wanted to get this finished so I can accelerate my work on other areas such as my digital dash replacement pod which now will use the same interface..

It's very exciting but ill soon have upgraded my 360 to a digital dash spec not yet even available in 2020 model year cars...

6. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Fantastic work Trev !!
    As I am back in 360 world, I will contact you soon for some ECUs stuff ...

MCASEY and 360trev like this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I can also do F430s too and now I've been doing work on MPC82XX PPC architecture so MED9 will be supported next shortly followed by Infineon Tricore as used in latest MED17x such as 458 and 488.. Pm me for more information

evilruss and mwstewart like this.
  8. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

update: i fixed my overheating issue and removed LH hand brake because i am missing a bolt, damn! and now be able to drive it

the car was transformed after the CS IGNITION ECU flash!

no more stumble under heavy braking
    no more downshift acceleration clutch slip
    but the upshift flare is still noticeable, although less pronounced than before. I guess that's a CS thing. I'll drive my factory CS to confirm.

it initially does the stumble under heavy braking for about 2-3 times and then it won't do that again. I guess it is the ecu learning.

Parameters
    outside temperature 0 degree celcius (took me half an hour to get oil temp to 75C)
    Pirelli Trofeo R tires with CS OEM rims.
    CS ignition ECU flash without taking care of the intake MAF smaller diameter issue ( i.e. if i drive longer, it'll throw a cel)
    CS TCU flash with cfc201
    others all stock

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

side note

the cel finally came on after about 20 miles drive. they are p1169 and p1200 .
    basically, the ECU thought I am at too high an altitude and the air is too thin(actually happened is that the air injected to the manifold is too little because of the narrower MAF tube compared to the CS tube)

That was to be expected. I'd use another flash with the proper MAF settings, hoping trev360 would give me that flash. He didn't respond to me for like 15 days already.....

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

trev trev trev! I need some flashes on my 360 and 430 badly~~~~~

11. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I think i found the problem why under load downshift will make the clutch slip.
    The CS and Modena's gear ratio are different, so when you downshift, the ecu had a wrong rev-matching.

12. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Very very surprising !! Where did you get this information from ???
    The owner manuals (which are probably not absolute reference !) say they both use the exact same gear ratio.

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

correct. my bad. The F430 and scud are different.

so I am still searching why clutch slips

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It's not the ratios it's the digitally calibrated shift points and the way the ecu interact with the firmware.

On a stock Modena firmware it never really works perfectly in Normal mode with a CS TCU reflash, so you will get some clutch slip since it was calibrated for CS firmware. Its because normal mode didn't exist on CS firmware so you get some calibration issues and its never going to be perfect.

However in Race mode it's much better so if there was any excuse to keep the car permanently in race mode this is your one!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Performify likes this.
  15. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just get in touch with Aldous of AV Engineering and he will be able to help.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

they don't reply my emails

17. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Strange, sure your using correct details? I cannot message you on here, it won't let me. Can you try to pm me?

18. Chon360

Chon360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2021
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Hi Eric,

I am looking for you to help. The Hong Kong Ferrari dealer does not have the service to reflash a F430 TCU to a Challenge Stradale firmware specification. Could I get one from you with the reflash done. I have a SD2 which I can get a PIS point read and record in the TCU after installed. I will pay to get the CS firmware done. Please contact me. BTW... I also need you to supply the F430 TCU together with the CS firmware in it before shipment to me. Send me an email, and we can sort out the rest.

Many thanks.

Jeremy

19. Chon360

Chon360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2021
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    Trev
    Trev,

I join this chat group because I am looking forward to replace my 360 stock TCU with a F430 TCU with 360 CS spec firmware overwrite. Will you be able to supply one for me? Please drop me a line at [email protected]. Looking forward to your reply soon.
    Jeremy

20. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    Hi Jeremy.

Why would you want starting from a 430 TCU ? There are other solutions leading to the exact same result.
    I can provide you with a TCU reflashed to CS spec but it won't be an ex-430.

21. Chon360

Chon360 Rookie

Jan 11, 2021
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    That's fine. Due to my limited knowledge on this issue, I m happy to pay for anything you propose. Let's wrap up the deal with you quick.

Jeremy

22. AndreB

AndreB Karting

Jun 8, 2018
    HTX
    Full Name:
    Ndr
    Does anyone have a before reflash and after reflash video?

23. lkstaack

lkstaack Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2020
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Hi Eric, PM sent.

Sent from my SM-G781U using FerrariChat.com mobile app