Ferrari ROMA | Page 16 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Wheelbase is shorter than Portofino. So I doubt it will have four seats. But who knows. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again ;D

2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    These bastards knew that we all would zoom in. They could had trolled us and put a blurred picture of a penis and still we would spend the whole afternoon trying to see a car there. And of course, some would find similarities with a Corvette.

DGPF, themediocore, stavura and 15 others like this.
  3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I did not see the car in person, only rumors, so you can be right: let's wait one more day and see. Just one thing is 100% confirmed: it won't be cheap… ;)

ciao

4. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Had a good laugh reading this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucasines likes this.
  5. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    and 21" rims

6. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Hearing the car is very futuristic looking. Headlights from the SF90 with a rear end like a Merc GT. All new interior. Was told that some will initially love it and some will not know what to think. 2+2 with the backseat barely usable like a 911.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Thelovelyrock18, 9nb and isot like this.
  7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Very likely a dashboard SF90S like, with (finally...) the new shaped display introduced on the SF90S: the actual Portofino dash and instrument panel is obsolete

ciao

isot likes this.
  8. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Looking forward to this. But I suspect this car would be more interesting with a highly strung V6 than a tamed V8 as the one featured in Lusso T and Portofino, (which is rather bland compared to the Giulia V6). There is no single good example in making an engine good for 700 hp produce 600 ho and engineer «excitement» into it. Just feels bland and characterless with ample power and torque articifically cut back. Lusso out of production next year and Portofino facelift due so would not make sense to make this a four seater. Surely kills the remaining batch of sales for the aforementioned models.!

gt_lusso likes this.
  9. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    I could not agree more. This car will be pointless if it gets four seats (I highly doubt it will due to shorter wheelbase), and even more if it is a Portofino twin brother with slightly varitation in terms of design. This car will need to prove itself as something new in order to make sense. I would also much rather see this car with a Dino badge and a thrilling V6. Your words on over engineered V8s is spot on. They've become bland and too tamed. Anyway, this car makes me beyond excited (-:

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Vehemently disagree.

11. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    488, same engine different character. Great application.

DGPF and gt_lusso like this.
  12. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    DB 11 is a so pure and so better design !

DGPF likes this.
  13. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Who said we were getting a de-tuned V8? Although I do suspect we will get something in the range of 650hp, no one has explicitly confirmed that we won’t get the engine straight out of the F8 making 700hp.

I would be very excited by a 2-seat, front engine V8 sports car with 700hp and futuristic styling to wrap up the package. A baby 812 with modern styling should seem a missing element to the current Ferrari lineup. I can see significant demand for a car such as this and I don’t think it would eat into 812 or Portofino sales much at all, if any. The 812 would remain the V12 flagship, while the Portofino would remain the softer, more practical entry level convertible. I guess we will all find out in about a day or so!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    When do you predict this to be happening ?
    Is it imminent or several years down the road ?

15. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Was told towards the latter of next year if I remember correctly

16. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    So if one were inclined to order a 2020 Portofino now with delivery in early 2020 it might make sense to wait for the facelift ?

17. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Account how waiting times are into that equation. Nobody received their F8 yet, car was officially revealed in March? SF90 also behind schedule, not even press drives out.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    With Camaro tail lights!

T

DGPF and Igor Ound like this.
  19. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Its a V8, so an Aston DB11 competitor. A very limited market segment. A cheaper 812 therefore. Interesting yes, beautiful too, but who will really buy it ? Mercedes GT owners ? Aston Owners ? PF owners who don't want a convertible ? Depends on pricing I guess. Front engined 2 seaters have a limited market appeal, try selling one. Interesting in that it is different ,I get, but still don't get the positioning. A v6 manual , yes . But maybe that is next year.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Perhaps ex-Maserati buyers that still want something Italian and similar to the outdated Gran Turismo? But we’ll see what the car really is tomorrow, always exciting when something new gets unveiled.

21. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    I 100% agree. I actually live in the Middle East myself, so high five to that! Ferraris will always be timeless regardless of the increase in units. Tailor made is a good solution but the new dealer configurator has made me question that as well. A good friend of mine recently took delivery of his Pista in Abu Dhabi with a Verde British exterior. Surprising thing is, the interior is in cuoio with Italian flag details along with green carbon elements throughout the cockpit, centre console and possibly on every carbon element in the car.

Naturally this was something I thought could only be tailormade, but then he mentioned it was an option straight out of the standard dealer configurator.

Then again, not all bad news either... When i'm fortunate enough to buy a Ferrari, it would be great to have the option to go all out in speccing & personalizing the car

22. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That is true, and in LA the GranTurismo was a big hit back in the day. Maybe they stole the inspiration from Alfieri design from Maserati like they did the California back in the day ! It will certainly be attractive. Pricing will be key.

9nb likes this.
  23. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    SAT4RE likes this.
  24. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Haha virtual high five, always nice to ‘run into’ a fellow Arab. I actually think I might’ve seen that particular car on Instagram, Verde British on Cuoio is a dream spec. Anyways, I think more and more people will yearn for more bespoke cars and that, hopefully, will keep the brand exclusive.

Junaid10a likes this.
  25. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    #400 500tr, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Verde British over Cuoio. Different car... No carbon, no Italian flags fortunately.

elmadi, 9nb, tfazio and 5 others like this.