Drivers ventilation error annoying | FerrariChat

Drivers ventilation error annoying

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ttforcefed, Nov 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    yep every day!! super annoyning

3. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Yep but on FF. Seems to be less recently. May be due to new software

4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    In the 612 I get notice that the seat heater is on when it clearly isn't.

Didn't think that problem could happen on newer cars...

5. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Yepp, it is on my 2016 FF also. I had the switch replaced on warranty 4 (four) times - no difference. It just got to be software error. And yes now when my FF is out of factory warrant (the original 3-years) I have it yet again - no I will NOT change the switch again, since that will not solve the problem. I had this from day 5 or so...

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    nah i have the latest software...just the way it is i guess
    maybe ill disconnect the battery tonight and see

7. baguns

baguns Karting

Sep 19, 2012
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Was just going to post something on this. ‘13 FF and intermittently getting this error (maybe every third start up). Mine shows passenger side is on level one but when I check it’s turned all the way to zero.

Does this mean anything? Harbinger for any issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No need to worry. When they go full electric there wont be any issues whatsoever. We'll all just sit back comfortably while the vehicle takes us flawlessly to our destination. Much simpler than detecting if the seat warmers are on don't you know.

JTSE30 likes this.
  9. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Question: When I get this on my '16 FF, on the driver side seat, I can never feel any air pushing through the seat. It is more like it says "level 1" but is "off" - anyone concur or am I wrong?

10. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I'm fine with it as long as those systems don't stay on and drained the battery when the car is off.

11. msgm1

msgm1 Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    NYC
    I think it means that the seat heating unit needs replaced, which was prohibitively expensive if I remember?

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    idk. hasnt happened again since the OP. its random and odd. lol

13. JohnDxb

JohnDxb Rookie

Apr 10, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathon Lewis
    I have exactly the same problem - I had an issue with the seat cooler working in reverse. Level 0 = Level 3 fan and vice versa as well as the annoying pop up displays.

I had the switch replaced on the seat so now 0 = 0 but still have the annoying pop ups.

What I think is happening is that the seat is flexing the PCB that controls the heating and cooling controls. The reason for thinking this is that I have the same problem with the passenger seat but only when someone of larger proportions sits in the seat. When my wife sits there there is no problem.

The heating and cooling work perfectly it's just the annoying intermittent display - I can live with it I guess.

14. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Same here.
    From time to time the annoying info shows up. I then switch from 0 to 3 and back again.

As long as the V12 is working fine I can live with that.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im thinking it might be battery related - ive gone back to using my tender all the time and will monitor if it happens.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You should definitely use the tender as much as possible. These cars have a lot of computers. I was surprised to read in an owners manual (I forget the model now) they say any thing more than something like 68 hours, you should have it on the tender....

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Totally agree with that conclusion

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Are you still using the factory supplied tender or something better? If not better I will bring you a present the next time I see you!

19. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My F dealer told me to connect the FF to the tender if the car isn't used for more than a week.
    A weak battery is known to cause many electric "issues".
    When I picked up the car (at a non-Ferrari dealer) and turned the key the dash lit up like a xmas tree, "Manettino defect", "4WD system defect" etc...
    Ignition off - on ..... everything ok.

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I use oem ferrari one and a creek - depending on which bay I pull into. My oem ones have always worked fine for me for normal use. For charging a very depleted battery I always use the big boy ctek.

21. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I recommend you use the big boy all the time- it will condition the battery much better than the OEM and it also is much more resistant to brownouts/ power surges.

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    4.3 or 7002?

23. Elasto

Elasto Karting

Aug 27, 2014
    Vienna, AUSTRIA
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The same here with my '12 FF, but it's not the ventilation. It's the seat heating.
    It shows that it is on when it is not.
    I have gotten used to it popping up now and then, so now it actually makes me laugh. :D

TriumphantTaco likes this.
  24. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Howdy,

So now I have this on "heated seat" also - however it does also activate the heat in the seat to level 1. Only way to turn it off, is to first turn the heat forward to 1 and then back to zero. And if the display still says 1 (it happens!) then I turn on the ventilation control to 1 and then to zero - problem fixed.

I am starting to think about getting me one extra switch (about 125 euro on eurospares - it is the same switch for heating and ventilation control) and simply disassembly the thing to see why on earth they behave likt this. Even though I might think it is software in combo with battery kind-of-thing (my battery is 3.5 years, and I plan to change it in March when I service my FF), I still would like to actually see how it can start to behave like this. It is not normal anyway.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    do you keep the car on the tender all the time? if not you shld try that.