NFL 2019 | Page 82 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    He had a good game Sunday night, something like 10 tackles? But, yeah, he's closer to the end than the beginning...T

2. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That was indeed a very good game....T

3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    He is still very good, but he is not the 'difference maker' he once was, and you MUST have that with your MLB. But I could not bench him, he is still too good for that.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Why isn't everyone all over Garrett and Moore for the horrendous play-calling when Dallas had 1st down at the 11 yard line, poised to win with a go ahead touchdown?

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like the NFL has arranged a work-out session for Kaepernick this Saturday, and has invited all 32 teams.

I call BS on this on the part of the NFL. What team is going to send any of its representatives on a Saturday, the day before they play, and when they have to travel. Furthermore, Kaep and his representatives had no idea about this arrangement, and are given 3 days notice? Also furthermore, Kaep's representatives, when notified about this, requested this to be on a Tuesday so that all/most NFL teams would have time to actually send someone, yet the NFL refused.

My take is that the NFL is trying to make itself look good in light of Kaep being black-balled, while at the same time arranging this not only on such short notice but also on a Saturday, the WORST and most inconvenient day for all NFL teams. Then when there is hardly a turnout, the NFL will say "See we tried to help him get back in the league, BUT nobody was interested"

My questions to the NFL would be:

1) why would you do this on such short notice
    2) why would you choose a Saturday, the most inconvenient day for teams
    3) why will you not let us choose a day, which is a Tuesday, a much more ideal day to get a reasonable turnout

If the NFL had genuine intent in this matter, why wouldn't they give him the maximum chance to succeed, instead of the opposite? Of course, my question is rhetorical.

Word is Dallas is interested, and a few other teams.

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    While on the Kaep issue, here is who I think could use him, these teams are decent and have a chance, I left out the obvious non-relevant ie Miami/NYJ/Cincy:

1) Chicago as a starter (Lord knows they could use the upgrade over Trubisky)

2) KC as back-up

3) Houston as a back-up

4) Carolina as a back-up

5) Seattle as a back-up

6) Indy as a back-up

7) Baltimore as a back-up (I know they have RG3)

8) Dallas as a back-up

9) Tenn as a starter

10) Den as a back-up (fill in until Flacco returns) and maybe replace Flacco as he looks awful these days.

11) GB as a back-up

7. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    You're right. This is a whole truckload of weirdness and that's without even getting into the political stuff, which I won't on the sports forum.

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree....something definitely doesn't smell right.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Another way to look at it; If the NFL was being genuine about this, why not contact him and his reps privately and let them set everything up on their terms, and once they do the NFL can then announce the date and location. That way if Kaep is unsuccessful, the NFL can say "We gave you the keys to the Ferrari but it still didn't work out for you". This way, on the other hand, the NFL is leaving itself open to more criticism if it doesn't work out because they can simply say that the NFL forced this on us and were not flexible in working with us to give us a better chance.

11. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    The powerful quintet of NFL owners: Atlanta, Dallas, Patriots, Giants, Steelers do not see themselves as needing QB help and a part of this is they don't want CK going to the competition. I wonder if NIKE is working this behind the scenes? I agree with you on this Mike, although Kaep his agents and Nike are not without fault.

12. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Another spin from Mike Florio - this is a "cover your ass" move by the NFL, as there are rumours of a 2nd lawsuit against the NFL by Kaep and his camp. The NFL pulled this off to protect themselves, and Florio also questioned how many owners knew about this work-out before hand (that's easy, the answer is ZERO).

Mike Florio also believes exactly what myself and pilotCS (and yourself); that this stinks to high heaven

13. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Eagles - Seahawks flexed back to 1:00 start from originally scheduled Sunday night. Thank you Jesus.

tomc likes this.
  14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Forget the day or circumstances, I find it strange the league is putting this together at all. If any of the teams in the NFL were genuinely interested in the guy they’d call him or his agent and set up a workout. It’s not like the he’s hard to find. I think the reality is nobody wants the guy - be it for his baggage or his dwindling performance before he left SF.

15. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Tonight on the CMA country music awards...Beer Never Broke My Heart by Luke Colms

Diamond rings and football teams are tearing me apart
    But an long neck iced cold beer never broke my heart.

That says it all.

tomc likes this.
  16. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    The guy has not played in five years?
    How many guys have come back after two years and been effective?
    Hell, MOST guys that come back after one year last only a year, and are not
    effective at all during that one 'comeback' year.
    The only one I can remember doing halfway good is Witten.
    To be clear, I am talking retired for a year, not injured and out for a year....

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I agree, I have no idea why they are doing this, especially on a Saturday, when most
    teams are traveling to play on Sunday.
    If anyone wanted to look at him, they know where he is...

PhilNotHill likes this.
  18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Kraperneck is not what the NFL wants nowadays.

Wilson, Mahomes, Watson and Jackson. That is the future. Kraperneck is the past.

Plenty of great qbs in the next draft...for alot less money.

19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Just the idea any team would want a 3 year rusty QB who went 1-10 the last season he played is absurd. The media suggestion is that someone would utilize him to fill in for an IR quarterback so they can get into post season is even dumber. Prospective teams won’t even have a training camp to get the Kaep’s cobwebs cleaned out, interact with the receiving core, or coach him up on plays. Add to that the fact that this dip **** was talking 15-20m a season contracts and he’s a complete and total waste of a Saturday afternoon look. LMAO.

20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Timing is intriguing to say the least. You would think the mechanics of this would have been sorted out by both sides' lawyers in the negotiated settlement...T

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Was thinking about this yesterday while driving cross Texas! The worst teams mostly have young QBs they need to develop or evaluate for the future. Miami starting to gel a bit and Kaep 's love of Castro unlikely to help in South Florida. As far as being a starter, Denver was what I came up with. Tenn is riding with Tannehill until he returns to form. Chicago before last week, but that performance likely bought Trubisky a tad more rope...T

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    A ham-fisted, poorly planned, poorly executed move by Roger Goodell. Now that's a theory I can easily get behind!
    T

JAM1 likes this.
  23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    lol

24. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And you guys likely have already heard by now, one more theory: There are some teams that are seriously and legitimately interested in Kaep, however they don't want to contact him directly for fear of backlash from their fanbase. So they contact the NFL, and ask to use them as cover, so that it appears as though the NFL is trying to facilitate his return to the NFL so it "must" be okay.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hmm. That's a tough call, ham-fisted Roger Goodell conspiracy theory or spineless, CYA owners conspiracy theory?!?
    I'll just sit back and wait for Steve A. Smith to tell me what to think!
    T