SEMA F355 wide body. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

SEMA F355 wide body.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jackie and bill, Nov 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I think being a youtuber or insta-anything is tough (and yes, i've been hard on a couple of them myself)

sjd

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    That's the "stanced" trend. They do it on purpose. I'm no fan either.

This one is a bit more extreme.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  4. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    I hate this stupid looking Ferraris.......

GTUnit likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    as bad as those japanese ferraris are they are still quite good and well done. those sema cars look like kit cars done by the lowest bidder. Fiberglass bolt on wide bodies fro. japan bought as kits turn out better and those wheels, the mirrors ... oh the horror...

different tastes which is fine, I am SO glad the owner reeeeeeeeally like is as he wont be able to sell them anytime soon. and if he does he will try and focus on one of a kind custom sema car angle. which wont go far. watch ebay next 6 month's for it.;)

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. boxcarracer

boxcarracer Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2005
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Luigi
    Yassa likes this.
  7. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The way of the world... drama drives traffic i.e clicks.

8. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I like it! I have same roso 550 with barchetta wheels running custom moton double adjustable shocks on custom spring rates, race brake pads & floating rotors for light track duty. I have not committed to a rear wing or harness bar/harnesses but I might...

9. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Do you have pictures of the Moton shock absorbers? Price? I bought a Maranello Brembo Grand Tourismo brake system, but I will build it in the 512er. I have adapter for the 360 brake system build and build the front in the Maranello. Brake discs and brake pads are much cheaper

10. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Just for the record I dont do things for clicks ;) For that I dont gi e a toss ,just so we are clear.
    Had no idea what sema was either until I did a search, it's a US thing.

11. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    SEMA is based out of the US but it gathers people from around the world. Think of it as the Geneva International Motor Show or even the Paris Motor Show for Aftermarket Parts and instead of new production vehicles or concept cars. Another comparison would be Paris Fashion Week or any fashion week for that matter.

It still is technically a manufacturer only event where they show off a new product line for the next year of popular vehicles for vendors that attend. You have to send proof via valid paper work to be approved for a ticket in order to attend. Of course, people who are not a manufacturer or a vendor someone still attend through contacts in the industry.

12. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    But if you did, that's how it's done. :)

Tubi Sales and Jackie and bill like this.
  13. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Yea it certainly does look interesting.
    The thing about being invited to the show. Did you see the guy in the replica ENZO that was invited to show at monterey? Kind of makes a mockery of being hand picked to show at a prestigious car show :)
    Link https://www.drivingline.com/articles/troll-job-we-took-the-worlds-worst-fake-ferrari-to-monterey-car-week/

14. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    At SEMA at least, depending on the manufacturer the extremes of how a car is modified is a bit different .
    For example, companies like Toyo Tires look for someone of the most flashiest and complicated builds in order to draw the most attention.
    Wheel companies tend to go the opposite direction and go with sleeker looking vehicles to catch your eye then draw your attention to the wheel.

Qavion likes this.
  15. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    #140 360HB, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    I actually met with the owner/builder and talked to him for about a half an hour at Sema this year he’s a very very nice guy.

Stop beating the dude up for what he did to his car he can do whatever he wants. If he wants to chop up my 360, I’ll hand him the keys go buy a 430 and pick my up my 360 in a few months.

His car is extremely well thought out every detail meticulously planned down to the aviation hardware. Nothing but the best components from the best companies. All of which were meticulously assembled into one spectacular car.

The body kit although you guys do not like it was handmade on the car using clay to create the molds. It was insane to watch the build progress unfold on Instagram.

I can assure you all that he has had several offers well in excess of what 2 mint 355s would go for.

Hate to break it to you guys, this was one of the most well received vehicles this year at Sema where only the best of the best come out to play.

You know what they say haters gonna hate.... appreciators gonna appreciate.

Although many of you may not like it Ferrari owners are becoming younger and our trends are things that y’all just don’t like. Believe me I’m all for keeping Vintage cars clean and pure. But all the mass produced Ferrari’s....who cares. there's tons of them out there and they’re dirt cheap.

I liken the hatred to old people yelling about how young folks music/clothing is trash.

Don’t worry we’ll stay off your lawn, continue to cut our cars up, flock to aftermarket car shows, keep watching YouTube and Instagram.

Y’all stick to the AARP magazine and planning that next golf outing to Palm Desert, and watching reruns of the Mork and Mindy and I Love Lucy.

Sounds crazy but times change.

Tubi Sales, User-C3 and steved033 like this.
  16. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Side note, we all love what we love. I love cars. All of em.

Welllll most of em. ;)

Tubi Sales likes this.
  17. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    :rolleyes:

tres55 likes this.
  18. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I am in no way a purist. My own car is modified and will be more so in the future. I have built modified cars for a living for the past 20 years.

Aside from the wing which isn't my taste I think the 328 looks pretty bad ass.

The 355 in comparison not so much. Looks rushed and unfinished. Do I slide suitcases into the quarter panels? How would one even clean that? Vented frunk? Wha??????

Extremely well thought out and planned every detail meticulously might be attributes of a Singer Porsche but not this car.

You're entitled to your opinion the same as I am mine. Has nothing to do with anyone's age or "times changing" just what people like and dislike.

People can have an appreciation for modified cars, doesn't mean they have to like all of them........

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jimmym and Qavion like this.
  19. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #144 Ferrarium, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    Deflect, deflect, deflect. Here is the deal.
    People like what they like and I am all for it. Chop it up what ever it's your car who cares what others think! I am with you. He loves it and that's great. Goal achieved! No one is decrying his choice. The 355 execution though....

Hey I applaud individuality and customization live is short projects make live enjoyable!

That aside I dont believe one word. Its just not that nice and sure... its subjective. Said another way a car is with what someone will pay for it not what someone's proposes to want to pay possibly but not actually buy it.

When it sells on eBay for 30k or 150k then well see. And he will try to sell it, but it wont sell, that's my prediction.

Sure do hope I am wrong! Hope he gets 200k for it!

It is interisting if nothing else, we all agree.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

360HB, INTMD8 and tres55 like this.
  20. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I don't give a rats ass about keeping cars original. All of my cars are modified so I'm far from a purist...but that 355 is absolutely, positively hideous IN MY OPINION.

As INTMD8 said, his 308 is nice. I would totally drive it with some minor adjustments to the suspension (and maybe a cleaner / more proportional wing)...but he totally missed the mark on the 355.

INTMD8 and jimmym like this.
  21. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
  22. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I agree. There are too many of them as it is. ;)

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Lets not forget the lowrider wheels need swapping out.