Pete Singhof testimonial thread | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Pete Singhof testimonial thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Sep 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's a pity that the records don't back your statement.
    I think your excessive enthusiam is somehow clouding your judgement.
    Schumacher was undeniably very talented, and so was Hakkinen, they were the perfect articles and won WDCs.
    As for Alesi, all his alleged talent didn't translate in much success, same for Villeneuve.
    It takes more to be WDC than just going fast.

vinuneuro and bmwracer like this.
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Singhof's intent is actually what worried me the most. I think it became pretty obvious in his posts and it was not pretty.

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Your posts have also become pretty obvious Andreas, and it´s a shame because there was a time when your posts (unlike others that never posted anything relevant to the discussions) were a very good contribution to the f.1 section.
    Maybe you should think about that. Don't get me wrong, i'm talking to you as honestly and straight as i can, i wouldn't even bother to answer you if the post was written by some other people.

stavura, VPX and daytona355 like this.
  4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’d like to see Peter’s messages.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    So what started as a sincere "sendoff" thread for Peter has made a full 180 to become this discussion of Peter's offenses.

The law of unintended consequences. Perhaps permanent bans cause more problems than they solve. Wouldn't we rather the F1 section have more discussion of F1 and less of this?

ypsilon, 375+, VPX and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I'd like to see more of Peter's posts and pictures...in the F1 section.

stavura, daytona355 and crinoid like this.
  7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 Amen

VPX, daytona355 and pilotoCS like this.
  8. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    That’s the ship that sailed a LONG time ago...and the one the moderators are trying to bring back to port. Their success will require a shift in the wind direction.

NeuroBeaker and william like this.
  9. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Well the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient?

I'm not sure what is analogous to a swing in the weather vane, but
    I hope while seeking safe harbour the HMS F-Chat doesn't miss its saltiest sailors and run aground on the shallows of F1 discussion.

furoni likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Titanic springs to mind, or maybe Costa Concordia ;)

stavura, 375+, furoni and 2 others like this.
  11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Gee I like that kind of talk:D

VPX likes this.
  12. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Peter has some nice photography in the current issue of Octane.

Here’s a modest proposal for moderation in all the forums, not just F1. No moderation unless a post or member is reported. In other words, no independent moderator action. Any discipline must be initiated by a complaint from a member.

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

That is pretty much how it works.

Do you think we sit here all day just idly scanning posts looking for folks to ban?

On the other hand, if we're participating in a thread discussion, should we ignore TOU violations when we see them?

D

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Singhof was constantly setting fires in the F1 forum and picking fights with anybody who wouldn't agree with his line of thinking. He was also trolling some members (me included). If there were a need for complaints about him, there'd be no shortage of them. I'm glad he is gone from the F1 forum.

william likes this.
  15. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    That would imply not having Trolls that only come here to try and ban Ferrari fans....bur since their alowed to run free and do as they please, that just won't work....

Nortonious likes this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree.
    This forum is more peaceful since a couple of participants have left.

18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I had several run ins with Peter but unfortunately he never read the posts properly and jumped to the wrong conclusion. Once you pointed that out and he realised the error he was quick to apologize, so not all bad!

Perhaps it was a translation issue - him reading it and us writing it. So diificult to put it correctly into words

19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Peaceful? It's dead. You have your own personal playground now.

People have had enough of the group44 lot trolling. After years of arguing with the mods, they went and banned the wrong person. End result? Tifosi are upset and haven't posted since his banning. None of us are banned. We all left voluntarily. And guess what? Group44 has no one to troll so they've left too! F1 section is now as good as dead. It won't be thr paradise the mods thought it would be, filled with many new users talking about f1 as they envisioned (look it up, they did!).

You know why no one will come? Because the section is dead.

The mods where warned so often I can't even begin to count.

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If some tifosi don’t wish to post anymore on the forum, it’s their choice. If they boycott , the forum to prove a point against the Moderators, again, that’s their choice. I don’t know what they expect to get out of it, but that’s their problem. It’s a bit like cutting your nose to spite your face, but here you go …

I was not surprised of the Mods decision; it was getting all too much in the end. In the last few posts exchanged, there were insults, recriminations, constant criticisms, name-calling, provocations and accusations of incompetence against the Mods by a few individuals. One of the Mods said that they were their own worst enemies; I can understand that. The outcome was predictable. In these circumstances, the expression “pushing your luck” comes to mind.

All this because a tiny group thought they were invested of privileges nobody ever gave them: they thought they owned the Forum, and that the Mods were at their beg and call to enforce their wishes, like in a private club. The forum is open to anyone, tifosi or not. This we have been told again and again, but a handful kept insisting it was a forum for Ferrari supporters only. There is only a “Group44” in some people’s head, and they have never been a threat to free speech in the forum. It’s impossible to comment about F1 without mentioning the leading driver in the last few years, or the last and present champion. That’s not trolling ! It’s the obstinate attitude of some to obliterate decent conversation that brought the successive permanent bans.

Personally, I have no problem with the present state of the F1 forum. There may be fewer participants, but it’s a lot more peaceful. I don’t miss the polemics started at every occasion, nor the sarcasms and innuendoes some seemed to enjoy so much. There is now no personal attack, and even differences of opinion are dealt in a civilized manner. No more nit-picking from some, how refreshing that is! Finished are the long rants written in foul language, and the posts peppered by insults and invectives.

This is thanks to the Mods who have “cleaned the swamp”, to use an expression very much in favour in UK at the moment (Brexit). You may have your reasons to stay away from this forum, but I like it very much. I hope the standards will be upheld, so that I will keep enjoying visiting Ferraichat.

jcurry, ktu, vinuneuro and 2 others like this.
  21. Okay.

To each his own.

Anywho, Brazil in less than an hour. :)

william likes this.
  22. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Immoderately moderated, I call it. Look at how few posts and how few members posting during today’s race. For most of the race it was less than one post per lap. And it wasn’t just the dull racing. Three things have killed the F1 forum: Liberty, FIA, immoderate moderation.

stavura and Bas like this.
  23. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I miss the posts from Pistol Pete during F1 races.

furoni, stavura and Bas like this.