F430 : Available ODB-II PIDs | FerrariChat

F430 : Available ODB-II PIDs

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by kromberg, Oct 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kromberg

kromberg Rookie

Oct 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Keith Romberg
    Does anyone what are the available pics that can be read from the ODB-II port?

2. Reid

Reid Karting

May 18, 2018
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    Reid Fox
    OnBoardDiagnosticsII is a federally mandated industry standard connector and diagnostic code system. This mandate gives access to diagnostic systems for small and medium sized business. Italian cars are the worst for keeping secrets , Ferrari is available on the better scanners not so much on cheaper ones. Lambo only on the best scanners. Emissions data is always accessible to the most basic scanners but the other modules don't give up their data cheap. All manufacturers have their own specific diagnostic codes which give more detail than OBDII but all manufacturers have provided OBDII capability since 1996. There are several models of OBDII readers available on the market. Some better than others and also more expensive than others. The factory reader is usually the best but not absolutely required except in very special cases. For Ferrari the factory system will run most small shops over budget. For an aftermarket reader its just a matter of what you can afford and how often you plan on using it. There are a variety of display features and looks as well.

3. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Reid,
    Excellent answer, very accurate.

FWIW, I use the Innova 3160 which reads quite a few of the PIDs and also has the advantage of being able to send up to 4 PIDs to your laptop to plot. Unfortunately it is not in an ASCII form so you can't zoom in or re-plot the data. I bought mine 4 years ago for ~ $250, I think there is better stuff out there today

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Look into autel ap200 ..it looks promising and cost 50 dollars to read alot of data .

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

5. Reid

Reid Karting

May 18, 2018
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    Reid Fox
    Im using the Autel maxisys mini it works well on Ferrari they have been adding a lot of data this year
    For the more down and dirty jobs I use the Texta Navigator it will communicate with just about anything but it is a less user friendly interface

flash32 likes this.