Ferrari ROMA | Page 26 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    My bad, of course it's 2+. Do you think the FUV will replace the Lusso, and this will continue the tradition of a 2+2 GT car? I'm referring to it's bigger size than expected.

2. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    I feel some quilted leather coming on !!

Garretto, rocketman and gt_lusso like this.
  3. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    #628 Astrid.Didier, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2019
    No way ;)

This car is very different from the Portofino , It's1000000 times better than the Portofino, with a complete new interior and new technology, It's the Portofino KILLER !

Thelovelyrock18 and perrinnation like this.
  4. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Marcel, this is Rosso corsa or a new color? can u tell me plz
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

elmadi likes this.
  5. MisterMaranello

MisterMaranello F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The question begs to be asked, what will feel special about a Ferrari interior when the glass screens are the same ones you find on your next rental at the airport the US, just with a minor change in graphic. Like one of those digital watches that mime something mechanical. Absolutely no charm whatsoever. I really hope all premium brands find a way to engineer some feel and true sense of occasion in these new age digital cockpits, because the hardware will be the same across the board.

6. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    This is a concern for me as well. Future cars will lack identity when using screens from the same manafacturer.

7. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    The Taycan could just as well be the new Golf. Really could once you sit there. Point made. Not a healthy evolution.

day355 and gt_lusso like this.
  8. Hetmanski

Hetmanski Rookie

Aug 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Hetmanski Yura
    Stuning

Attached Files:

elmadi, of2worlds, isot and 2 others like this.
  9. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Forget what Ferrari was in the '90s and '00s. Nowadays they care for the nouveau-riche markets of SE Asia, that's the outcome of becoming a public company. Mercedes and BMW were niche marques back in the '80s and early-to-mid 90's, and then decided to expand to lower segments.

It's what Luca di Montezemolo feared about: Ferrari becoming "too American", hence his fracas with Marchionne. He was correct that Ferrari should've remained exclusive. Hopefully we won't see a 2.0lt "hot hatch" with a Ferrari badge.

10. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #635 Astrid.Didier, Nov 13, 2019
  11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I think it looks pretty good but I want to hear it and drive it. For me though I think I would prefer to own the 812 as a GT car. I do like the db11 but the depreciation is abysmal and the performance is lacking. This car certainly does push the same buttons for me as the db11 does but it's a Ferrari so for that it wins.

12. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    How can a coupe kill a convertible?

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  13. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Heck no.

14. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Jag F Type + AM Vantage + 612 = meh

DGPF, MelbourneCarl, MANDALAY and 3 others like this.
  15. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    Not a thing. I came to this conclusion on my own.

But if RACE would LIKE to contribute to my wallet.....I’m open to discussions.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #641 Astrid.Didier, Nov 13, 2019
    If they decide to make a convertible version of the new ROMA, which 1 would u buy, the Portofino or the convertible ROMA? ;)

I vote for a new convertible version of this new beautiful car (ROMA), it's unbelievably beautiful though it looks a lot like Aston, but I love Aston!, now I can buy both Aston + Ferrari in one car ! hha ;)

And Ferrari ROMA will kill the DB11 too, it will kill everything. This new car is very smart move , veryyyyyyyyyyyy

Thelovelyrock18 and mkultra like this.
  17. MisterMaranello

Apr 5, 2011
    Europe
    Hence why LdM era cars feel different. A 612 does not look like it could be anything other than a quintessential Italian made GT. The 550, 575, 599, F12. All relatively recent cars but unmistakable.

What is this? A Maserati, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Jaguar, McLaren, Toyota Supra? What will the common man on the street make of it? I would be willing to guess the mix of answers would be much higher than if you took one of the aforementioned cars down the same high street. Why has Ferrari to a somewhat extent seemingly lost the ability to design what is a Ferrari and nothing else.

day355 and 500tr like this.
  18. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    I'm not sure why people think this is "way better" than the Portofino. I admit I'm biased since I own one, but (while I'll reserve judgment until I can actually see one) to me it does look like the Vantage Aston Martin should have designed, and also looks a bit like the Jaguar. It's smooth and pretty, but a lot more generic IMO and therefore less Ferrari-like than the Portofino. I like the way all the sculpted angles of the Porto make the color and perspective views of the car change; the Roma, which is much smoother, won't have that.

Kind of a moot point for me, as I am only allowed one plaything in addition to my "regular" car, and that plaything will always need to be a spider. But I can see that people who prefer smoother shapes would like the Roma better. I'm not sure about the grille or the rear end, definitely need to see in person.

Doesn't anyone else miss the nice, red, physical start/stop button? Gone now, in favor of an invisible virtual one. :-(

MRJW and Astrid.Didier like this.
  19. NZCREW

NZCREW Karting

Nov 20, 2018
    Ferrari have outsourced the design to Aston Martin!! I think Pininfarina were a better option for Ferrari. :)

The new car is sleek and beautiful, but for me the look is not as "Ferrari" as I was expecting. A bit homologous and bland. A bit like the Ferrari 456. The interior is very modern, but a bit like going from manual to paddle shift, traditional can sometimes be more tactile.

A bit like comparing an Apple watch to a Rolex Daytona or Patek Philippe. The Apple is unquestionably more advanced, but the pleasure and "timelessness" of the Rolex and PP is more appealing.

Finally, I really do not like the front grille.

Good news for me though. My Portofino is arriving next month and I was thinking that I would need to talk to my dealer about minimising the financial hurt on a early trade to the new Roma. But now for me, I prefer the design and look of the Portofino. Even if the Roma is more advanced and cutting edge, it is less classic and appealing to me.

What does 2+ Coupe mean? I can't confirm from the current photos whether there are rear seats of not.

20. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #645 Astrid.Didier, Nov 13, 2019
    I have always dreamed of an Aston looks like a Ferrari. Thank u Ferrari for making my dreams come true. I'm not kidding BTW.

It's a lot a lot better ;) It's the Portofino KILLER!

Thelovelyrock18 and mkultra like this.
  21. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    elmadi likes this.
  22. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    I personally miss the pop-up headlights and the handbrake from older Ferraris, unfortunately they can't bring them back.

23. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #648 Astrid.Didier, Nov 13, 2019
    U love the 612? u know Mike, it was my all time fav car!

Time goes ;)

The grille is beautiful, why u don't like it?

Makuono likes this.
  24. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    #649 330i, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    The sides remind me of 612... Very clean design. An elegant alternative to customers that might not want the character of the F8 successor.

25. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    #650 tommygun64, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    I like the car in general (and especially from the side) but some things are not to my taste;
    I agree the grille is hideous. This is absolutely the worst part, and that alone would be a deal breaker for me.
    I also don't like the McLaren-looking new interior (console) and those new airducts.
    For the back lights, I would also prefer the double round of the F8 or the double square of the SF90, but anyway.

I have the Portofino for 15 days now, so I am probably biased but I am glad I don't feel bad for not having the new interior. (or that grille....my god....)

DGPF, NZCREW and mthompson2376 like this.