360 - Fake 430 Scuderia Out of a Toyota | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Fake 430 Scuderia Out of a Toyota

Discussion in '360/430' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Some people like to do something unique or special that you just can’t buy.

it is the challenge this guy was after... an outlet for his creative mania.

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Good luck to him as I'm of the opinion that do whatever makes you happy and helps you to learn something new.

The biggest issue for me is with the starting point of a cheap low performance car. That chassis will require a LOT of work to get even remotely decent handling out of it. If you actually want whatever you build to drive like a supercar start with something better. And that's the rub for me about many creations done at home. It cannot just look like it goes fast, it must actually be capable of going fast, handling superbly and being both safe and reliable, regardless of the styling.

If I was doing my own 'car' build, whatever the styling these days I'd buy a stripped, crashed McLaren 12C Monocell carbon tub and start with that, got to be like $15k to acquire that tub. Its going to be a platform that you can make handle truly superbly and whatever engine/transmission you fit you've got a very robust chassis with amazing torsional stiffness and strength as well as low weight.

That way your now well on your way to creating something very fun to drive... Dressing up and old Fiero with new clothes isn't all that impressive to me. Its still at the end of the day something that will handle just as poorly as the car under the skin, and all the flex and wobble that is present is still there.

3. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Werd trev!

ive often thought of putting a 67 mustang shell over an e36 m3 chassis. But I don’t have the time for such madness.

Natkingcolebasket69 and 360trev like this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Wow that was a ton of work, he definitely is talented. My question is why wouldn’t Ferrari go after someone like this for making a fake Ferrari and using their badges? I know some will say they have no idea, but I had a YouTube video made and the guy used some AC/DC music and YouTube took down the video because we used the music without permission.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He didn’t use their badges, he purposely put them upside down so he can’t be sued for copyright infringement; that’s what the video says towards the end. As far as the car it is Registered as a Toyota still it is also said.
    Like another person said maybe it’s flattery to Ferrari and can’t be bothered to go
    After him. After all he is an average guy with talent .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Mods can you change to “Out of a Toyota “ the title

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    In my book, replicas are fine for very rare and ultra expensive cars, that were built in the 1960s or 1970s and are rather simple in construction and easy to accurately replicate...
    A real 1967 AC Cobra 427 would cost approximately $1 million...
    A good replica could cost $50-60 !! It would be a finely engineered car , in many ways improved from the original, and it would offer comparable performance and safety..
    The same applies for the Lotus 7, for many years built under license by Caterham...

Other replica cars that are acceptable in my book, are Lancia Integrale HF or BMW M3 E30 / E36 that were based on the base Lance Delta or BMW 3-series coupe E30/E36...
    Sure they are the real deal, but come very close...

Ford GT40 are also really expensive to own, so a replica if properly done can be a good idea..
    The same applies for original Porsche 911 RS 2.7 , where you build a replica as a tribute car !!

The rest... in my opinion... are sketchy...

8. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    I remember back in the day that my friend had a turbo MR2 . It had a little bit of work done to it and it was a beast of a car so this might be a great platform to start with . Of course i don't speak French so not sure if this is turbo or not o_O

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Back in the 90s I owned several SW20 Turbos including a very rare TRD 2000 GT that I imported and holomogated for road use. It had 504hp and 1100kgs from just 2 litres and one oversized turbo. The thing was completely undrivable to be honest but that could be more related to the epic F40 style 80s turbo lag.. Lol.

From memory they did handle not half bad considering their price and everyday duties but the platform didn't have all aluminium double wishbones or anything as exotic so handling is only going to get you so far.. Even with high end coilovers the chassis itself isn't ever going to complete with a proper carbon tub that I was taking about...

If your going to all the trouble of making your own car why limit its performance to that of an 80s low priced sports car?

10. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Maybe the owner just doesn't have the budget to do so...or maybe he just wants the look of an exotic without the matching price tag . Only the owner knows what's in his own head . This reminds me of the Rolls Royce conversion they make for the Chrysler 300 .

11. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    In this case, i Think the look of the car was more important than Performance.