Finally tested F8 on a track! | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Finally tested F8 on a track!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Hendry2019, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Note the small steering wheel. I like that.

Ash Patel likes this.
  2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I'm as bored as everyone else of the GPF topic... BUT this gave me cause for concern. After listening to some seriously depressing sounding 2020 model year cars on Youtube with GPF fitted (e.g. Porsche GT4 and Audi R8) I started to look around for after market solutions to those, as a window into what we could expect for Ferraris. However, the below one from Capristo STILL sounds crap even with the GPF removed. And this is on an Audi R8, a naturally aspirated V10 which used to be celebrated as one of the best sounding engines out there. How can that be; even with no GPF the new model sounds bad...??!! Any ideas welcome!

https://capristoexhaust.com/product/r8-4spa-valved-exhaust-system-remote/

3. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    If this is the last of the mid engine V8’s that makes me want to spec mine out to the hilt even more. If it is I will keep this one forever.

Hendry2019 likes this.
  4. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    Some of members asked us who have driven F8 and own 488.

in summary (personal opinion)
    - F8 looks more aggressive.
    - Did i feel the difference considering doing two laps only? Not really except the noise inside the cabin seemed enhanced.

will i go to F8? For sure not coupe version as i have spider and I prefer spider over coupe every day.
    Price? If they give me a good deal, why not. Other than that i am happy with my 488 Spider :)

Shadowfax likes this.