360 Spider Fuse Locations | FerrariChat

360 Spider Fuse Locations

Discussion in '360/430' started by nsortor12, Apr 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    I've been looking for a guide to the fuses online and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Does anybody know where the turn signal fuses are? And also the rear glovebox and the gas cap release? I know there are a few fuse boxes so I'm not sure which one they would be under.

Thanks in advance!

2. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    Most of those are under the front bonnet, left side of the car (right side if you are facing the bonnet). All other fuses are behind the seats, right and left panels.

As far as a guide, there should be stickers on the cover panels indicating all fuses and relay identifications. If you don't have stickers, you can find your relevant service manual here. Download it and have fun!

All Ferraris

Good luck!

Deiger

3. Utah360Spider

Utah360Spider Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    Breck Dockstader
    I know exactly where that fuse is just replaced it. Behind the passenger seat. 15 amp fuse. Message me if you need anymore help with that.

4. Utah360Spider

Utah360Spider Karting

Mar 21, 2014
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    Breck Dockstader
    Oh and also its the same fuse for gas cap, rear glove, and turn signal. I chased this down via wiring diagram because nothing mentions which fuse operates those.

5. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Shot you a PM :)

6. Froohpar

Froohpar Rookie

Feb 28, 2015
    I saw the thread on fuses to open the gas tank and convertible top and back glove box. I went thru the fuses in the manual and can't figure out which number fixes these. Just changed the battery and figured may have burned some of these fuses. Thanks a bunch.
    Frankie

7. Speedster_4_me

Speedster_4_me Karting

Dec 10, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Fuses for signals are in the front trunk behind driver side panel. Not sure about gas tank and glove box.

8. Josean Martinez

Jan 28, 2013
    San Juan PR
    Full Name:
    Josean Martinez
    CAN ANYBODY TELL ME OR KNOW'S ABOUT THE FUSE BOX DIAGRAM. I'M LOOKING FOR A/C COMPRESSOR/BLOWER FAN, AND WIPERS FUSES LOCATION NUMBERS AND AMPS. (MY DIAGRAM GOT BURNED), THANKS FOR THE HELP. fuse box diagram, need to

9. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  11. Josean Martinez

Jan 28, 2013
    San Juan PR
    Full Name:
    Josean Martinez
    Does anybody know if the Modena’s master switch interrupt positive or ground when it is active.

12. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    Hey hessank you wouldn't happen to know what fuses protect the coolant fans would you?

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    According to the WSM fuse list, the fuses should be in the forward luggage compartment at positions 5 & 6, but the WSM only shows one fuse in the graphic.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    If you can't figure out which of those two fuses control which fans, I believe the RH fan fuse has red (with green stripe) wires and the LH fan has red wires. There are just so many mistakes in the wiring diagrams, it's hard to figure out what goes where.

15. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    Thanks. Fuses are in tact. We can't get 12 volts at the big relay on the RHS radiator. My electronics guy and I checked and back checked all cables and it appears as there is a faulty fuse as there is less than 3 volts there.
    There is 12 volts at the temp sensor on the radiator.
    There is no fault code either so bit hard to diagnose.
    So currently I have no thermo fans.

16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #16 Qavion, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021

If I'm reading the diagrams correctly, the fuse feeds the temperature sensor. Sounds like a fault after splice "S168A" (which is after the fuse).

Basically this is the feed:

Master fuse near the battery >>> 20 pin connector in the cabin close to the firewall >>> firewall grommet >>> splice to both LH & RH fan fuses and "bonnet opening actuator" fuse >>> RH fan fuse >>> splice "S168A" >>> RH fan relay.

The splice feeds the temperature sensor and the RH Fan Relay (pin 3). Either the splice is faulty or the wiring from the splice to the relay socket is faulty. The splice is probably buried in a harness somewhere.

It doesn't seem like a short as the sensor has 12 volts.

Koss2j likes this.
  17. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    More specifically, between the fuse and the relay, so it must be under/near the relays and fuses.

18. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I agree.
    Should be easy to diagnose

Attached Files:

Qavion likes this.
  19. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    The OUTPUT from each of the 30A/40A fuses feeds the #30 PIN of the respective relay. So if you have power on both sides of the fuses and no power to the #30 relay receptacles then you have a break in that short piece of wire (which I highly doubt unless maintenance was done in that area).
    Unplug the 30/40A fuses and see if you actually have power there on one of the two terminals. Swap fuses or check fuses for continuity incase there is a breakage internally.

I believe (I would have to dig into my notes to confirm) that the Ground (-12V) signal from the Thermo Switch goes to the #85 PIN of the relay.
    #86 PIN is powered by the IGNITION ON and #87 PIN is the +12V that is sent to the respective FAN to make it run

Hope this helps

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    Thanks guys.
    So I have tested everything that you quoted how it works and all relays and fuses appear to be acting correctly. So it is looking more like there is an issue with wiring after the temp sensor on the fan or the sensor may be shot?

21. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    So you're no longer getting 3 volts at the relay? Or were you checking the wrong terminal? Or were you shaking the wiring so much, you "fixed" the problem and didn't realise it yet?

Sorry, typo. I meant to write "pin 30". See Fred's post.

Koss2j likes this.
  22. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I read a while back of an owner (here on FChat) who basterdized the switch to make the fans run whenever the Ignition was on.
    He didn't get it that is is also bad for a Ferrari to run too cold (Fans on all the time) say in the cooler/colder months.
    I believe I read somewhere that they liked >140 degrees.
    Check and see if that connection might have come loose.

Koss2j and Qavion like this.
  23. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I believe coolant temperature >140F is the trigger point for the ECUs to see "engine warm" and thus put the car into closed-loop mode.

hessank likes this.
  24. Koss2j

Koss2j Karting

Jan 9, 2012
    Newcastle Australia
    Full Name:
    Dale Collison
    No it is still 3 volts and won't turn on. I seem to have all the correct voltages everywhere else though.
    Relays all check out except that big one on the fan where you definitely need the 12 volts.
    So maybe the wire is damaged from the frunk relays down to the big relay on the fan.

25. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #25 Qavion, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    The relay gets the voltage from the fuse. The fuse gets its power from the battery via a bigger fuse near the battery. The wiring to the fan is irrelevant and so are the controlling circuits in relation to the power on pin 30.

Your fuses are ok because you said you have 12 volts at the sensor.

What are you putting your multimeter black probe on? The car's chassis or somewhere else?

(EDIT: if I have time today, I'll try and draw a circuit for you. Sometimes the circuits are a little tricky to follow because the manual shows the underside of the components, so you have to mentally reverse the image)

Koss2j likes this.