Drove the F8 today and placed my order! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Drove the F8 today and placed my order!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by buddyg, Nov 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    To save another $11k you might consider deleting interior door panel and upper tunnel .

I would recommend matte Grigio wheels which mates nicely with Titanium exhaust tips.

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Holy moly that’s a lot of coin! Wait a year and buy used for high 200’s!

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I wouldn't recommend cheaping out on the stereo that's for 100% certain. You may live to regret that given the noise limitations on the car. There are plenty of other things on that list which could be let go of such as the flag for 4000, tips etc etc...

of2worlds likes this.
  4. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Interior door panel for sure

5. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Yeah I have the upgraded JBL stereo in my 458 and like it, so that is staying. The flag on the outside and the flag buttons on the center console are history!

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    That’s the smart thing to do but I want to order my first New Ferrari to my specs. I am use to buying cars and getting all the options but at this level I will have to pull back some. LOL

7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Man that's a lot of extra's ? Can I make some comments.

You have full electric seats added. Going that way I believe its more of a luxury road your taking. Save yourself a lot of cash and delete the carbon inside. Leave that to the Pista's. Having said that Std wheels I love have them also but I found with aluminium calipers they really look great without that yellow or red version. Next I cant believe how many people don't change 2 of the cheap looking standard parts of the car , the rear view mirror
    ( look like its from a 1985 corolla ) and the head lining ( looks like souring pad material ) Go electrochromatic on the mirrors , it looks better and with the full electric seats you will get the steering column also electric.

Also the LED's steering wheel ?

8. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Here is a spreadsheet so you can play with the numbers....CF options really add up!

Attached Files:

racerdj likes this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just depends if you plan on selling the car. If so, then do the basic spec with minimum must haves (color, seats, wheels, shields, LEDs, stitching, etc.) and still expect to lose plenty but manageable. Otherwise, get what you want and enjoy.

jm2 and MANDALAY like this.
  10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    If this is the last of the mid engine V8’s then I will keep it a long time and probably do a heavy spec.

Solid State likes this.
  11. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I plan on ordering a spider and fully expect a low to mid 4s pricetag on it when I'm done.

Mike

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Definitely the last one unless there is a special version , ? hum.

With the Roma revealed today , Ferrari is definitely going another way , good bad , up to you. IMO the last of what I would consider Ferrari.

13. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Worked with my dealer and dropped about 60k from the spec. Happy with the new changes, I will upload it when I get it.

Coincid likes this.
  14. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Thank you!!

15. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I just drove the F8 this morning in Denver. (got 30 mins which went by fast). I already have mine on order (coming in March). The Pros and Con.

Con: Sound. After reading all posts, i was already worried about it. Have to say it was quieter than my already lowered expectations. Definitely quieter than 488. It still sounds good at start up and at higher revs............I will have them open up my exhaust when it arrives and keeping my fingers crossed someone in the aftermarket comes out with something that will help. I decided to keep my 458 so I can have the best of both worlds.

Pro: Everything else. 1st - the lines are the car are SO much better in person than photos. It is absolutely beautiful. I have always felt all Ferrari's should have 4 taillights so love the rear end. My surprise was on the other side - The front end is so much better in person. Nose looks longer and sleek. Interior is aslo better - they moved many buttons around that were never in the right place (brake for one). Steering wheel is slightly smaller and feels good. As for driving it....I have only driven a 488 a few times - most of my miles have beeen in a 458. And this car is WAYYYYYYYYY faster - crazy fast in my opinon. I had the rear end away from a little twice when i dumped the pendal. It is a hugh difference from 458. Steering was really tight and the comfort level was better than the 458. This car drives exceptional well. If they could just fix the sound, it would be a 10.

Trying to upload video now but phone is giving me fits - will keep trying to load.

xfrgtr, stavura and Ash Patel like this.
  16. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Thanks for the review yeah I'm coming from a 458 as well and the power difference it HUGE! Congrats what's your spec?

17. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    #142 jim g, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    I thought the opposite of the sound inside and that was having a 488 right before the drive. I guess someone has to put a decibel meter in it bc I thought it was definitely louder than 488 and about the same start up. I just tried to find specific sounds readings saw it’s 8 dB louder than 488. If you just came out of 458 I understand your thoughts on sounding quiet but I wouldn’t give up the torque for the sound.

Ash Patel likes this.
  18. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My last drive in 488 was 2 months ago so your comparison may be better. But Ferrari rep riding with thought the same thing (it was his first ride too)

19. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I am a tradionalist! - Rossa/Nero with some red thrown around inside. I am going to wrap the roof in dark gray to match the rims (did black roof / Black rims on my 458).

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jim , was it noticeably faster or about the same pull as the 488 ?

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  21. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Or you might considered leather inside vs CF. As I mentioned before, I am at 365,00.

22. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    It's not a lot faster but it was definitely noticeable as was being able to rev it to the 8000 RPM redline. It pulls harder throughout the rev range.

ScottS and MANDALAY like this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I need to test one I suppose. Doubt I’d buy new but perhaps. I’m really itching for a Ferrari again. On the acceleration note, I found the 720S noticeably quicker than a 488. Almost shockingly so. So I wonder how the F8 vs 720S comparison will go down.

24. MARCOS FIGUEROA

Oct 23, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    marcos figueroa
    Is there a way to get access to the F8 configurator that the dealers use? I'm guessing no but I just had to ask.
    Nice build btw! Go leather inside and don't skip the JBL! My 488 has basic stereo and it's terrible. It's nice listening to some music as the engine is whaling in the background.

25. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    No. It's not an online configurator. It's a program they have installed. I would not be surprised if it was floating around somewhere out in deep web land, but other than that, no.