Rallys, Youtubers, Lambo Owners are Ruining it for Everyone | FerrariChat

Rallys, Youtubers, Lambo Owners are Ruining it for Everyone

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by FerrariFR33458, Nov 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    How did I know that his "Lambro" would have stickers on the doors before I even watched the clip... ?

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    #3 obbob, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    This isn’t a Lambo owner thing. It’s more of a Rally thing.

Corsa and Gold Rush especially attract these types likely due to the image they market.

Corsa Rally events have had at least 3 major crashes since 2017.

1. The 720S that got shredded to pieces in Vegas and was all over YouTube.

2. The M6 that flew off the road somewhere in a Western desert. Some claim it was driving in the oncoming lane and swerved to avoid oncoming car but I haven’t seen any video evidence

3. Just few months ago a 600LT, 570S, and a Huracan all got into a multi car crash in the middle of a busy street of a city.

Not a great track record of responsibility and safety

Shark01 likes this.
  4. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    I stopped riding Ducatis in groups on the street because of crap like this.

We had a fundraising rally locally here with the exotic car guys that worked for a bit, but then got out of hand with people just being stupid with speed on public roads (running the large cyclist group off the road didn’t help).

It’s a shame because it is fun to drive with and see many exotics at one time, but people just can’t either tone it down or keep it quiet.

track days for the bikes and solo trips on fun roads for the car. People **** it up for anything else.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    It’s called a LamboRGHINI

thorn and Shark01 like this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    People act like this on these stupid rallies no matter what they drive.

7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I stopped doing MOST Ferrari rallies years ago. too much at risk these days.

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I went on several rallies from 2001 thru 2007, and there were a majority of us that while very fast tended to use it when it was safe, on highways etc and in lighter traffic, and there was a minority that pushed their luck a lot. Most weren’t in my opinion dangerous to the extreme, but they did rely on the general public being more aware and preemptive than maybe I would trust them to be.

these days, however, even having done rallies, I’m surprised at the ‘hooning’ they do on public roads..... burnouts, donuts in intersections etc..... none of the minority of my time really bothered with the childish stuff like that, fast just meant high speed runs... nowadays, they spend more time going in smoky circles and all I can do is cringe waiting for the cars to fail, tyres to explode, or a cop turn up. Nutcases in the extreme some of them.

I always figured that if you got away with something like that, you keep your mouth shut and your head down.... the cop has your details, he is likely to get his chief on his back, and you might just get the summons to court you originally avoided, surely?

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Curt , apparently you were not paying attention. Here is your first clue before you saw the car .

vrsurgeon and BOKE like this.
  10. Marco Polo

Marco Polo Rookie

Jan 14, 2017
    Cheshire, UK
    Influenced by Fast and Furious and the like?

Marco

11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO