Found QuickJack at Costco for $1099. Will it work with my Modena? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Found QuickJack at Costco for $1099. Will it work with my Modena?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by GoPhaster, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Drag the hose along with it. Put the green cap on so no dirt gets on the fitting.

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have had no issue dragging mine but its just been on a smooth concrete surface. You route the small houses out the back and under the ramps. The rear of the ramp assembly angles up in the rear allowing the short hose to easily pass under it toward the center between the ramps. Not the best lift but very capable for the price and much better than jack stands.

When I called for customer service, they were to call me back. I also received an email acknowledging my initial call in with a ticket number on it. After 2 days with no call back, I responded to their email letting them know that I had noit heard from anyone and they called me the following day. Parts were out to me then the same day via priority mail.

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

When I was assembling the first day I called the support line and had a call back in about 15 minutes.

4. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I finally got mine working this week once warmer weather arrived. My Espada barely lines up it's jacking points on these lifts but up it went!
    I needed one new cylinder and new shrader vales properly installed. The Costco experience was definitely less than or maybe it was Quickjack's fault?

5. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I don't think Cosco can be held for the manufacture of the lift. But I do know with enough complaints Quickjack will be dropped promptly. As for me after finally figuring out good jack points I am very satisfied.

6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well they could if it was returned in shoddy condition and they resold it by repackaging themselves.
    I haven't tried it on my other two cars this is intended for but I think there are other accessories if there's an alignment issue.

It's going to be a godsend for the work I need to finish on my Espada this spring. I'm done with the multiple floor jacks and jack stands approach.

7. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
  8. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just don't kid yourself that it's portable, the 5,000 lb one really isn't. If that's all you can do then OK but this system is really two independent lifts on each side of your vehicle. If you're careful it's fine but it's no substitute for a real lift. That said I'm OK with the smaller one for what I needed. I think the smallest one for the track just might be the cat's meow for that duty.

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I just got an email from Costco that they dropped the price to $899!

10. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Picked up my Quick Jack today at Costco for $699!

Attached Files:

Manda racing and ernie like this.
  11. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

No one "just" picks up one of those, they heavy! :p

Scott98 likes this.
  12. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Damn, looking at these in the UK at £1.1k. Think I’ll wait and see what the price does over the winter!

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    i just put a four ton 2-post jack in my garage, £1800 fitted..... I can give you the number if you like.

14. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #64 staatsof, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    These aren't a substitute for that type of lift. There are lot's of styles of lifts out there and each can serve a specific purpose. These can be easily moved, just bring Hercules for some help ... :p
    I see where the lighter version is used by guys at the track. I could have used that 10 years ago. I bought mine for very specific reasons and right now my Espada is sitting on it and it's working great for that project but I wouldn't get rid of my 4 post drive on lift with casters.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Thanks Sid. That sounds like a very good price. Drop me the details.

Whilst I’d prefer a proper lift, I don’t really have the height and we plan to move inside 5 years; still if I can sneak it past the boss :)

16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I’ll look him up and PM you buddy

17. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I Really dislike my Mid Lift. Not a good comparison to a quick jack. I don’t have one of those either. How is it going to help on a 430?
    FWIW