Ferrari 355 Alternator Removal | FerrariChat

Ferrari 355 Alternator Removal

Discussion in '348/355' started by 355OXO, Nov 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I am replacing the alternator on my F355. How do you get to the top mounting bolt. The bolt head and nut are 17mm and I can barely get my fingers to them, but I can't figure out how to get a wrench or socket on them.

Any support/ideas appreciated or experience of undoing this particular bolt.

Regards
    Simon

2. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

It is tough. I did mine last summer. I think I used a socket , You just have to go to different positions. Try loosening the adjuster and the lower alternator bolt and remove the belt. See if the alternator can be moved a little to give more room. I thought it was impossible to but you can do it. Frustrating for sure

Rifledriver likes this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    There is a 348 alternator removal thread if you search for that You can use as reference. Access to things is tricky you just have to think through it.

I remove crank sensor from passenger wheel well with 2 foot 1/4 in socket extension for example not from under car like one would think.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

355OXO likes this.
  4. 355OXO

355OXO Karting

Apr 16, 2006
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Thanks will try.