Mondials For Sale | Page 89 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Good eye. Looks like someone did a swap along the way.

3. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/yellow-mondial-listed.369427/
    https://www.porschenorthhouston.com/used-Houston-1993-Ferrari-Mondial+T-Cabriolet-ZFFRK33A1P0093291

I love the color combo of this Mondi T ! I wonder if that is from the factory, or a repaint. No description of the car by the listing dealer.

Admittedly, I'm a newbie, but I thought TRX wheels were only on early models. As they are older, and replacement tires are harder to find / more expensive, etc, why would someone put those wheels on?

4. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    https://www.*******************/1987-ferrari-mondial-cabriolet-c-586.htm

This white one is nice looking at first glance, but after reading the comments above and really reviewing the photos, I think this horse may have been rode hard, and put away wet. :eek:
    • Spare tire showing through the bottom
    • Damage to bottom air deflector / tray
    • Possible rust bubble photo
    • Body line on the front right hood / bumper area doesn't appear to be consistent (may just be the photo)
    • Appears to be discoloration on the front bumper ... photo, or paint issue?
    Plus, personally, I know I'd have a hard time keeping it clean... I had a white car before, and it showed EVERY speck of dirt and road grime, rock chip, and bird poo. Add a white interior to a white exterior, and I think I'd have to only drive it in parades for some PYT to wave at the crowd. I mean, there could be worse things, but... ;):D

I don't want a garage queen... I want a car I can drive regularly. :cool:

5. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    In my opinion, Mondials can be obtained at a relatively low price point in relation to other models. What I mean is, it's best to pay a premium for a nice one than to buy junk and save a few dollars because they will all need the same amount of servicing regardless. Specifically, I'd pay $50k for a mint T vs. $25k for garbage because they will both have the same needs. When it comes time to sell, the $25k variant with $25k of service is going to be worth $35k vs. the $50k model with $10k of service might actually be worth $60k to someone. Pay now or pay later...

motomike8, paulchua, MvT and 2 others like this.
  6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Correct. No TRX's on the t. I recall that the offsets are different as well.

7. mike dougherty

Feb 27, 2010
    anyone know of the T for sale from St. Louis Museum with 13K miles?

8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    #2208 jjmalez, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019

Fly Yellow, from the factory. Ferrari dealer Lake Forest Sportscars had one of the last new Mondial t's in the country in this color.

I still have the full page ad in the DuPont Registry & listing in Ferrari Market Letter.

Ferrari stopped using the TRX's mid year 1986 for the US market.

Joe

Drewbdo likes this.
  9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    F DCXS
    True! and these are NON-ABS wheels (Flat center) so this is not really a good combination, but hey TRX still looks good :)

10. Clnilsen

Clnilsen Karting

Jan 14, 2012
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Chuck Nilsen
  11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    There is definitely some sketchiness with this car. However, I'm not sure that it could have sold for much less than it did. At the end of the day, it's a sharp-looking example in a rare and attractive color combo with $15K in recent service.

2cam

12. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Selling my 89. Just serviced. Red tan. Excellent condition.

13. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    GLWS ... Is it listed here on FChat?

14. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
  15. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    No
    no.

Art

16. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Wow! You've had this car for quite a few years, right? However, I was thinking it was a '90 for some reason...

2cam

17. 2000YELLOW360

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Owned it for over 10 years. 3rd owner.
    Might be an early 90. Just serviced by John Heim. 40k+ mileage. Has 348 wheels & tires and originals too.

Art

18. Clnilsen

Clnilsen Karting

Jan 14, 2012
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Chuck Nilsen
    Location, pics, price?

19. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Sad view...the more I see the pictures the more I feel sadness in my heart. Whas the wooden stick an option ?
    Guido

20. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    The stick looks to be in better shape than the rest of the car. Looks awfully tired.

21. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Yeah, this is one that I probably wouldn't touch for more than about $18K. You would end up spending much more on bringing it up to par with a nice, clean example that you could easily find in the low to mid 30s.

2cam

Drewbdo likes this.
  22. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    #2222 Drewbdo, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    It will be interesting to see how the auction goes. I don't know a lot about Mondial, but even in the photos, it appears to be in need of work. Looking at the receipts, I think the seller's father put time and money into the car, but that was several years ago. The ad says the seller's father scraped the car pulling in the garage. It also mentions the father passed away; if his health was declining over a few years, he may not have been able to drive / maintain the car recently... may also explain some of the scrapes ... rear bumper, front air dam, etc.

My father was an ASE Master mechanic, and loved to work on cars for decades. He's now in his 70's, and his health is declining. He can still drive, for now, but just doesn't have the strength or energy to work on cars anymore. :( I hope to get my Mondial while he is still with us, so I can take him out for drives. It sucks... he was always so strong, a gym rat, and now, he's tired after a short walk.

The trunk support stick was hand carved, from fine Italian oak by a beautiful young Italian lady... o_O

Wade likes this.
  23. Metom

Metom Rookie

Jun 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tom Greene
    The 82 38159 I owned from 08 to August of this year. I miss it a lot. Its a wonderful survivor, all the best to the new owner.

Attached Files:

Drewbdo likes this.
  24. r-mm

r-mm Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2012
  25. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Sorry, but ads like that piss me off. To put it bluntly. But if you're really interested please go and look at it yourself, in person. And drive it as well.

"fantastic condition" - that's a lie.

Seriously, I wouldn't give 20K for that one.

ZFFMD14AXD0047039

jjmalez likes this.