Maserati Bora - Picture Thread | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Maserati Bora - Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Ron S, Sep 22, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    They did the same thing with the Ghibli headlight buckets years earlier. Early Ghiblis have sharp edges while later cars have rounded edges. I guess the engineers/designers were slow learners.

Ivan

Nembo1777 likes this.
  2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    For the 1977 model year, the hinges were moved to the front after a few trunk lids flew open. I've never seen an early car front-hinged.

Ivan

71Satisfaction likes this.
  3. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    Very nice.
    It gives me such a thrill to see other Bora photos and the differences between the US and european and early cars.
    Please keep posting photos

Greg

4. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    I have to say that my early Bora had the rear hinge trunk lid and at 50 miles an hour it popped open on the Outer Drive in Chicago at rush hour. It scared the h-ll out of me but I got off the road safely and had everything repaired. My mechanic told me that the cause was due to the hood release and catch not being properly seated and secured. It never happened again but it must have happened often enough that the factory decided to change the hinge location so that if the trunk kid released it wouldn't blind the driver like it did with my early one!

Modulo_B and Nembo1777 like this.
  5. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Reminded me of what my wife looked like sitting in mine, many miles and years ago ... glad to see you still have the car.
    Has it been 5 years??? since we last met at Le Belle Machinne de Italia. Two Boras there that day.

6. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Far worse is the rear hatch letting loose at speed! :eek:
    That's happened to the much abused # 1046. That car has been passed around more often and treated worse than a $2 whore.

7. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Does anyone know the current location of #1046?

8. mullin

mullin Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    Yes, it's been five years since we met and if I'm not mistaken, that was the last year for that show. My girlfriend, pictured above, thinks the Bora is just the coolest car she has ever been in.
    I believe there were three Bora's there that day. Yours, mine and Dean Adam's.

9. mullin

mullin Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Tom M
    Just spectacular!!
    Any more interior shots?

10. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris

Fantastic!

11. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Brilliant looking Bora.
    Love the color!
    Enjoy in good health!

12. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

No sorry I didn't take any more but I'm sure Greg has a few images he could share

Julian

13. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

Looks gorgeous! If you want to carry the spare you'd best add that rearmost heat shield to block the direct heat from the mufflers below. The original heat shields all had asbestos riveted with large washers. You can find something else much better .

When running at full tilt that exhaust system gets very hot with the headers beginning to glow.
    If you have the OEM style parking brake cable it has a nylon liner. Mine cooked and melted on the way home from Oklahoma to San Francisco. I insulated the new ones with silicon heater hose and used stainless hardware from a sailboat shipyard supplier. NO NYLON! The connectors for the parking brake even had a trident stamped on them! :)

Enjoy.

highwaybora and 71Satisfaction like this.
  14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    MK1044 and am117au like this.
  15. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Congratulations Greg !!!

Having seen this car at Greg's home I am not at all surprised at the award. It is just perfect.

Ivan

am117au likes this.
  16. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Nembo1777 likes this.
  17. am117au

am117au Karting

Apr 22, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg G
    Again thanks for the compliments.
    Also compliments to the owner of the French car. A very nice colour and presentation.
    Bob, the heat shield had been installed. Fabricated a new one and riveted an embossed aluminium heat shield to the underside.
    Greg

18. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  19. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
  20. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I wonder if anyone has gone through it mechanically. This car just sat for ever.

21. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    FRANCE
    Modulo_B likes this.
  22. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't remember seeing that he bought them. I guess the Bora was the booby prize he sometimes has to take to get the cars he really wants?
    The Carini episode I do remember about a Bora I think was about a bumper conversion when he was selling a red one out of a customer's collection. That didn't end all that well. He tried to sell it at Mecum :rolleyes: THAT was doubly dumb.

I've been at a couple of small car parties with him and I'm just not the kind of person who feels comfortable approaching celebrities as I think they get pestered a lot so I did not engage.
    I like his show generally but I can spot the predator and the bullshiter which he is on occasion.

The episode he did on the Bugatti he rescued out of NY state right on the CT border but didn't get to restore was personal for me. That was a hell of a story. I lived in New Canaan at that time and often would drop my dad at the train station, part of the deal for having the old 48 Ford to take to HS. So I used to see that car parked there but back then I didn't know a Bugatti from a Buick. It was just another ferriegn car ... :p

Hey ... he's a businessman in a very tough racket. He's done well and certainly knows a hell of a lot more about cars (in general) than I ever will. My hat off to him for that. But he don't know Boras ...

23. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob