Looking for 348 / 355 ABS Teves Pump | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Looking for 348 / 355 ABS Teves Pump

Discussion in '348/355' started by yelcab, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Qavion likes this.
  2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    You got that new? Damn, where?

3. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    There are two versions of the Jag pump/motor assembly: RHD is JLM1884 and LHD is JLM1885. I do not know the difference between the RHD and LHD but one might be easier to install in a 348 than the other. Otherwise, they are NLA from the major Jag parts suppliers. If one is lucky, one might find a NOS one in a Jag spare parts shop.

4. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #54 Ferrarium, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Miro has it, dial for dollars basically. Best part is I paid $225 for it.
    You can also find the union elbow new Ferrari part #70000509 found one at Tom Vail, Ricambi says they have it available too. Worth getting one just in case...

Attached Files:

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What was the place in Penn? Try White Post Restorations.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  7. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    The Jag pressure switch (blue top) has the same pinout as the 348 (green) one and it operates at the same "on" and "off" pressures. Perhaps the reason why you got the brake warning light with the blue switch was just because it is faulty. I attach the Jag ABS wiring diagram (also as pdf) showing the blue switch and its connections, very similar to the 348 wiring diagram. Even the switch pins 4 & 5 go to the computer pins 14 & 10 respectively, same as in the case of the 348 (the Jag and 348 ABS Computers are probably also interchangeable, there is a long separate thread on this).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

Qavion likes this.
  8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    It was
    BBA Remanufacturing Inc
    300 Myles Standish Blvd
    Taunton, MA 02780

9. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    There appear to beat least 3 different pressure switches. One has 4 contacts , the other two have 5 in the connector. Of the ones with 5 the difference is one has 2 normally open switches and one normally close. The other has 2 normally closed switches and one normally opened. I don't know if switch body color or connector color has anything to do with it. My 95 355 has a green body and a black connector.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Below are the diagrams for the 348, 355 and XJS 1989. All three diagrams show the pressure switch having 5 pins and all three show the fully pressurised state (the switch for the pump relay, between pins 1 & 4 of the switch, is open). The other two switches are in the same positions on all three diagrams. A Jag pressure switch (JLM1908, blue top), if good, should therefore not trigger the 348 or 355 warning light at the full pressure state.

The next diagram is for 1993 XJS. It is basically the same as the diagram for the 1989 XJS except that it happens to show the positions of the pressure switches at no pressure. I believe the 348 and 355 switches have the same switch positions at no pressure as what can be seen on the 1993 XJS diagram. However the Ferrari diagrams only show the full pressure state so we cannot compare. In any case, it is the positions of the switches at the full pressure state that counts (for the warning light) and these are same between 348, 355 and XJS.

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I cant find the switch on the diagrams, but there are 5 pins is there a way with a multi-meter to compare the 348 switch with a new one for example Delco # 25530882.

12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #62 Qavion, Nov 10, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    There are 5 pins on the diagrams. Look for the box with two [P] symbols in them. I don't know how the Jag notes classify the switches "normally closed" or "normally open". Is this with pressure good, but pump off?

This diagram shows the switches with pressure available and good (but pump off)

F355 Teves System

I've coloured the switch assembly light green to match John's switch

13. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Delco 25530882 can probably be used as it is a Saab (GM) p/n 8994071 used on Saabs 900 & 9000, '89-'95 (and a number of American cars), which had the same Teves ABS braking system as the 348/355. Otherwise, you can verify the switch positions with a continuity (ohm) meter as follows: Pins 1-2 Open, Pins 1-4 Closed, Pins 3-5 Open. This is how the switches are on an XJS at no pressure and it is probably the same on the 348/355. If you have a good 348/355 pressure switch, you can compare the readings between the two. On the original 348 Ate switch, the pin numbers are cast in plastic, shown at the outside of each corner of the connector rectangle. They are quite faint so you may have to use a magnifying glass.

Otherwise, the Delco green switch and the Ate green switch look so similar that they might both be from the same manufacturer. Even the batch numbers stamped into plastic (between the numbers for pins 1 and 3) have the same format on Ate and Delco, like 123M4.

14. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    If the top 3 are showing the pressurized state they are all showing 2 opened, one closed as normal for that case. The last, 4th figure, showing unpressurized state shows 2 open one closed w/o pressure, or 2 closed, 1 open when pressurized. No?

15. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Both Jag diagrams seem a little odd. The symbology of the switches and, in the 4th diagram, the operation of the circuit looks wrong. Does the Jag XJS instrument binnacle fault light illuminate with no earth?

16. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I would buy one of your kits too. Please make them!

17. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Please add me as a buyer for one of your kits. Thanks.

18. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    We need to buy off the supply of Jaguar pumps before they figure out the Ferrari guys are trying to corner the market.

19. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Alright guys, I'm starting the kits this weekend. I'll have the lines made Monday and should have the first batch of 10 kits available soon. Everyone that has showed interest thank you, and if you want to secure one of the 10 you can pre order them with me. I'll do them for $150 shipped in the US.
    I will try and figure out a more official method for going about purchasing them soon but for now you can email me at [email protected], send me your PayPal information and I will create a purchase invoice.

jeffdavison, 05elise and Qavion like this.
  20. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I am not trying to break any forum rules either, so not sure what the rule is on something like this.

21. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Hopefully they're not on to us already. ;)

$3400 for something they don't even have.

https://xks.com/i-7146748-jaguar-abs-accumulator-motor-and-pump-assembly-jlm1885jag.html

22. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Trevor, pulled the Paypal thing. Thanks!

23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I found one so they are out there and btw the new Ferrari union elbow kit comes with the pin and keeps which was a surprise.

24. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Update on the brake pump kits.

First off thank you to everyone that has already purchased a kit. I'm glad I had the motivation from all of you to make these.

On Sunday I made the jig for welding up the brackets. You can all thank Eric for talking about water jetting parts, I am going to laser cut these which will make them very nice for everyone. It will take a few days before I can cut do to back up before the holiday but the cut file is already made and it will be much more worth it in the end. I should be able to crank parts out after that
    I am working on a better company to source the lines, the company I used for my line I had made just isn't going to cut it, and I would really like to keep everything as factory looking as possible for all of you. The lines in my opinion need to reflect the look and quality of OEM.

Eric you said not worry about a paint or finish on the bracket, what about everyone else? What kind of finish would you like? I was planning a multi stage rubberized coating that will look almost identical to the rubberized coating inside the trunk area.

jeffdavison likes this.
  25. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks for your effort to put these kits together and I appreciate your attention to detail. The factory bracket for the pump on my 355 is yellow cadmium plated in the same finish that is on the pump body so that is the finish I would prefer on the new bracket if possible.

jeffdavison likes this.