For Sale - Ferrari Carbonfiber Chess and Checkers set | FerrariChat

For Sale Ferrari Carbonfiber Chess and Checkers set

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by bob radar, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bob radar

bob radar Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bob radar
    #1 bob radar, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Hi all,

I have a Ferrari - Carbonfiber Chess and Checkers set for sale.

It's as new and has been my closet for years and has only been used to play a few games.

This set doesn't get sold anymore. And very few of them have been sold years ago. It has become a true collectors items.

I'm looking for an honest offer. Please send me a message or reply below if you're interested.
    I can shipp it insured or you can pick it up in the netherlands.

More pictures are available on request.

It includes: The red box, silk bag, a key, chessboard, all pieces ( both checkers and chess ) and a little red book.

Size: 43 x 43 x 8.5 (chessboard in cm)
    Weight: 20+ kilo

Thank you for your interest. You can find more about this item online.

Attached Files:

f355spider, 2HorseRace and Wade like this.
  2. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    That is so cool!

Sent from my Galaxy

bob radar likes this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Classified ads require an asking price, please add that to your listing.

4. bob radar

bob radar Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bob radar
    1.5 years ago one sold for 2700$ on ebay. I'm gonna say 2500 with free shipping. As stated above I'm open for any (serious) bids.

5. bob radar

bob radar Rookie

Oct 18, 2019
    Full Name:
    Bob radar
    Sold (reservation)

6. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Mr. Rob Vader,

As agreed, I paid the full amount for the chess set on October 24 (funds wired onto your bank account in Amsterdam as requested) and you were supposed to ship the chess set on October 30.

So far, I received nothing, no shipping advice, no tracking details and of course no chess set.

On the top of it, you did not respond to any of my multiple messages (emails or PMs). You recently modified your profile (deleting your birthday details and suscribing to the silver status) and you were watching this forum yesterday. Obviously you are still alive somewhere.

Can you please explain to me and other forum members what is hapenning?

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Wow this is the kind of crap that causes me reservations about buying stuff here.

Eric C, schwoo and Astrid.Didier like this.
  8. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    wiring money to someone has no opportunity for recourse if they dont send you anything....especially someone in another country, especially with only 4 posts.

9. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    The seller is Silver subscribed so there's some traceability.

10. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Unfortunately, you have to be really careful....a couple years ago I almost sent someone $5,000 for a Ferrari luggage set, (advertised here) got as much info from them as possible, full name, address, employment, cell phone number, everything I thought that I needed.... Something just wasn't adding up, so I did some research on the owner of the house of the address I was given, (by searching the property records in the county where the house was located) and it wasn't the person I was dealing with, after a few more verification questions to the prospective seller, that he didn't respond to, he vanished and took down the ad. I was literally a few clicks away from sending the money. Here's hoping you get your money back !

Eric C, ZINGARA 250GTL and BOKE like this.
  11. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yep. Same here. I’ll never do a wire transfer again after being ripped off $4,000 for a Opus. Thankfully the guys here helped me get it back from the guy.

12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well, I should have been more careful, especially with someone new in the forum.

Anyway, I have his name, birthdate and full banking details (Ing bank in the Netherlands), so no problem to locate him.

Fortunately the Dutch police is very active with fraud on the Internet.

I can afford to loose some money but I will never let go someone playing with me. My lawyers are expensive but very efficient.

I will do it for those who cannot afford to go to justice in a similar case.

We’ll see.

SAFE4NOW, LARRYH, HOF Ferrari and 7 others like this.
  13. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    We now have a strange but happy ending:
    Although Mr. Vader does not respond to any PM, emails, nor to this thread, a parcel arrived while I was on travel and I checked it yesterday evening upon my return home.
    The chess set is well received without any explanation.
    Well, the lesson is well taken anyway and I'll be more careful in the future.
    Another good thing : the Dutch police is very professional and concerned by Internet fraud. The case is now closed. Many thanks also for the support received from other members!

Nunya, PaulK, Wade and 5 others like this.
  14. BunRieu

BunRieu Karting

Nov 30, 2014
    San Mateo, CA
    Glad there was a happy ending to it all. Fraudsters, cheats, thieves deserve Shariah law implemented to the max! Chop chop hands, still got your feet to type with =)

JackCongo likes this.
  15. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    That's awesome....glad you got it!