Since Im doing the Fuel Accumulator what else should I do (83 QV)? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Since Im doing the Fuel Accumulator what else should I do (83 QV)?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Nuno Andrade, Nov 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris_columbia

chris_columbia Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 5, 2008
    Columbia MD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's been a long time, but I'm pretty certain the non-return valve came with the fuel pump. It looks like the valve isn't that much cheaper than the fuel pump(which I think includes valve). Check the parts cross reference, but I'm also pretty sure the pump is a common one and readily available. $100 sounds about right. If you want to rule out leaking injectors, you can pull them out and run fuel pump to see if they leak, or remove spark plugs and see if you smell fuel(without running engine). Unlike, tbakowsky, I changed injectors at a later time, and it had no effect on anything. Car was running great at the time, so didn't expect anything.

mwr4440 likes this.
  2. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Even NEW sold injectors do not have always the ideal spray pattern.....or are leaking a bit. I personaly think it dont make a great difference for a running car, maybe just a restless turning engine at lower pm.
    Guido

3. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    YES, the valve comes standard on every new fuel pump I bought and have sitting on my shelf.

Im not 100% certain I even paid $100 for the pump et-al.

DO NOT Buy the valve Only, and they are reusable if not broken.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    There are two different fuel pumps -- one with the check valve built into the pump itself, the other has the replaceable check valve.

If you have the kind of fuel pump with the replaceable check valve (and have confirmed that the Accumulator is not leaking out its vent fitting ;)), the replaceable check valve is:

F PN 120098 = Bosch 1587010532

5. mwr4440

mwr4440 Five Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 8, 2007
    Bavaria, The 'Other' Germany
    Full Name:
    Mark W.R.
    $20 - $25.50 with crush washers on eBay right now.

Lots of offers.

Nuno Andrade likes this.