FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2019: Qualifying *** SPOILERS *** | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2019: Qualifying *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by jjmalez, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Like I know how the hell to do this.

:eek:

2. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Working away from home this weekend, will wait to hear from the Unusually Few Suspects to report in ;).
    Can’t find a good stream.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Well done!

"Ya got a team of horses. Hope and Destiny. At some point, ya gotta take the reigns."

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Oh well.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I'm in the same boat..herd seems to have thinned somewhat eh?

Nortonious, Isobel and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    For some people, there is no interest in following the 2 last GPs since the titles are already decided.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  7. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    The titles were known in March...

05011994 and Isobel like this.
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Results

1. Max
    2. Vettel
    3. Hamilton
    4. Leclerc*
    5. Bottas
    6. Albon
    7. Gasley
    8. Grosjean
    9. Kimi
    10.Magnussen

*10 place grid penalty (engine)

Isobel likes this.
  9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

The herd thinned out significantly after the mods banned Peter. I can tell you all of us that have left are very much here.

Everything that the F1 forum has been warned about is happening. The group44 disruptors have left in droves as they have no one to annoy any longer.

Chck out practise, quali and race thread length before peter was banned and after. A hint: The drop off is significant. Good luck explaining that to the lot that just bought the forum. Its ll very much documented exactly what would happen, the mods have had plenty of warning. They bet on the wrong horse and managed to kill the F1 section.Hats off!

10. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I wondered what was going on.

Isobel and G. Pepper like this.
  11. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Not bad all good drivers in the top 10.

12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  13. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    13 posts.

No one freakin' cares

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Isobel likes this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    The threads also tend to die down once the WDC is sealed. There isn’t much to debate, there is no sense of drama.

fer312t likes this.
  16. DF1

Happy to be here and see F1 this weekend! Looking forward to this race and the next. Interesting to see Red Bull strong and Ferrari revived. The only question is who will be smarter than Mercedes. They win with a good car in race trim. The others have failed to counter that largely, mostly Ferrari. Fun start I think it will be!!

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  17. DF1

GO Charles!! https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147200/leclerc-angry-at-himself-over-stupid-error

Charles Leclerc has said his Ferrari Formula 1 car was fast enough to top Brazilian Grand Prix qualifying and only a "stupid" mistake on his part prevented it.

Pole position would not have been possible for Leclerc at Interlagos because he was carrying a 10-place grid penalty for a change of internal combustion engine necessitated by his Austin practice oil leak.

He ended up fourth fastest in Q3, so will start 14th.

But he was convinced he could have topped the session so he could "only be angry" with himself for the result.

"I'm very disappointed about my lap in Q3. The first timed lap I think was good enough for pole, or second but very close," said Leclerc.

"I did a big mistake in the last corner which cost me three or four tenths so it's completely my fault and I need to learn from this.

"The team did a great job, I think the car was there to to fight for pole at least and I didn't do the job in the car so I'm disappointed."

He described his strategy for race day as "full attack mode".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. DF1

The engine questions linger in terms of rules impact lately
    https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/28094550/honda-ferrari-power-microscope-brazilian-grand-prix

Frustratingly, the results proved inconclusive. Friday practice suggested Ferrari had regained its power advantage over its rivals, but Saturday was a lot more even between the top teams. That picture is complicated because we know Ferrari made setup changes ahead of Saturday morning to protect its tyres in the race, and that may have included running more wing and trimming some top speed as a result. What's more, when it came to the final qualifying laps it was the Honda in the back of the Red Bull and not the Mercedes that appeared to close the gap the most to Ferrari.

The Honda performance was the curve ball. For the majority of the season, the Japanese manufacturer has been lagging behind both Mercedes and Ferrari, so it seems odd that Red Bull, and not Mercedes, were Ferrari's closest competition on the straights.

After the session, Vettel took the opportunity to throw a little jibe back at Verstappen.

"It was a bit of a surprise to see them that quick on the straights, so... a little bit suspicious!" he said with a smile one his face.

But the reason for Honda's sudden step up is relatively simple. The Japanese manufacturer opted to increase the size of its compressor for 2019, and in doing so has gained an advantage at high-altitude races. Renault held a similar advantage last year when it had a bigger compressor, while Mercedes, which has always had a compact compressor for packaging reasons, tends to lose out.

"We come to a couple of tracks a year, Mexico the most extreme example [at 2,250 metres] and Brazil less so [at 760 metres], where the air is thinner and the compressor has to do more work to get the charge up to sea-level conditions," Mercedes technical director James Allison explained.

"You can size your compressor to cope with Mexico and here, but then you are carrying around hardware that is bigger than it needs to be for the rest of the season and it's always a compromise doing that.

"I think looking at the last few seasons, when we are at altitude we always tend to be a little bit less on form and I think that is probably an indication that the position we have picked for our compromise is slightly different to the others. That's our best guess."

That's all well and good for Red Bull-Honda, but it still doesn't answer the Ferrari question. That may become clearer in Sunday's race, but given the way the altitude has skewed Honda's performance, we will probably have to wait for the final round in Abu Dhabi -- if we get an answer at all.

"The only thing that you can stand back from a distance and say is that it's two races on the trot where it hasn't been pole position for Ferrari and they'd sort have had a reasonably comfortable margin [before]," Allison said on Saturday evening. "So it's an interesting thing but not anything you can draw solid conclusions from. It's still a quick car on the straights and let's just see how they are I the race tomorrow and the race to come."

cmos likes this.
  19. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Ironically, the Americas leg is a little early in the am for me.

20. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Correction, March 2014......

21. Speak for yourself. Real race fans still enjoy the best plying their trade. ;)

william and G. Pepper like this.
  22. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    No race thread ? :eek:

23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    We're in it over there. Go to F1 home page and you'll see it.

24. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If some tifosi don’t wish to post anymore on the forum, it’s their choice. If they boycott , the forum to prove a point against the Moderators, again, that’s their choice. I don’t know what they expect to get out of it, but that’s their problem. It’s a bit like cutting your nose to spite your face, but here you go …

I was not surprised of the Mods decision; it was getting all too much in the end. In the last few posts exchanged, there were insults, recriminations, constant criticisms, name-calling, provocations and accusations of incompetence against the Mods by a few individuals. One of the Mods said that they were their own worst enemies; I can understand that. The outcome was predictable. In these circumstances, the expression “pushing your luck” comes to mind.

All this because a tiny group thought they were invested of privileges nobody ever gave them: they thought they owned the Forum, and that the Mods were at their beg and call to enforce their wishes, like in a private club. The forum is open to anyone, tifosi or not. This we have been told again and again, but a handful kept insisting it was a forum for Ferrari supporters only. There is only a “Group44” in some people’s head, and they have never been a threat to free speech in the forum. It’s impossible to comment about F1 without mentioning the leading driver in the last few years, or the last and present champion. That’s not trolling ! It’s the obstinate attitude of some to obliterate decent conversation that brought the successive permanent bans.

Personally, I have no problem with the present state of the F1 forum. There may be fewer participants, but it’s a lot more peaceful. I don’t miss the polemics started at every occasion, nor the sarcasms and inuendoes some seemed to enjoy so much. There is now no personal attack, and even differences of opinion are dealt in a civilized manner. No more nit-picking from some, how refreshing that is! Finished are the long rants written in foul language, and the posts peppered by insults and invectives.

This is thanks to the Mods who have “cleaned the swamp”, to use an expression very much in favour in UK at the moment (Brexit). You may have your reasons to stay away from this forum, but I like it very much. I hope the standards will be upheld, so that I will keep enjoying visiting Ferraichat and exchange with mild-mannered people on a civilised level.