430 - Pulled the trigger! 2006 Spider | FerrariChat

430 Pulled the trigger! 2006 Spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by MKTViper, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After owning a couple Maserati CC's to "ease into the exotic market", I finally pulled the trigger on my dream car; a 2006 F430 Spider.

Rosso Monza/Cuoio, complete CF interior trim, CCB, Tubi exhaust. 24K miles, $85K. 80% clutch remaining and solid service history. I plan to drive it like I stole it!

Getting picked up today in Atlanta and (hopefully) delivered tomorrow. I feel like a 9 year old on Christmas Eve! I've got about a month of ~50F weather in Northern VA before the snow flies and I put her to bed until March.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mikesufka, alum04org, Hypek9 and 8 others like this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You've definitely got the best color for these cars, congrats! You local to Atlanta or just picking up the car there?

Edit: reread the post, congrats still!

3. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No worries, thanks!

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sweet looking ride!! Love the Cuoio interior, may fav.
    Enjoy

5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Congrats, beautiful spec and quite rare! You got a good price too.

6. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Great looking car… Congratulations. Man, you really got a good deal. I haven’t seen convertibles trading sub 100s anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Purch23

Purch23 Karting

Jul 2, 2019
    CT
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congratulations!! Great looking car, I have a similar one.

8. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Beautifull color congrats to ya

9. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Congrats. Lovely spec. Enjoy it. Just bought my 430 a little over a month ago and cannot stop driving it.

10. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Gorgeous color! Welcome to the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let me know your thoughts on this dealer; they got some nice stuff for cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. GPM

GPM Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2015
    Vancouver BC
    thank god its not rosso corsa,, imo

13. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Select Luxury out of Marietta GA... They were very responsive. I dealt with Leonard Brooks, I had him tracking down paperwork, taking extra pictures, etc., and he got back to me reasonably quick. We closed the deal on Veterans Day; not sure if being retired AF helped or not, but they came down more than I thought they would even though it was fairly priced to start.

So far so good, I'd recommend them. Can't say for certain yet until I get the car and and drive it around a bit to confirm its "excellent condition" mechanically and cosmetically.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know this is blasphemy, but I agree. Although Rosso Corsa is classic Ferrari, it's just too much for me. I'd rather someone spot the car and ask what it is. If its RC, it's already assumed to be a Ferrari.

That said, my wife and I just got back from Italy. We spent a couple days in Modena and Maranello at the Maserati Factory and both Ferrari Museo's. We were completely indoctrinated with Rosso Corsa. We even stayed in a bright red Ferrari themed hotel (F-1 car in the lobby).

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Yeah let me know they have had cars for 15/20% below market with clean history so that’s intersting2.

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Wow just read their yelp reviews... did u get a ppi? I hope the ppl that put their reviews online are the minority and just complainers but they got me scared about the place.

17. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Beautiful car!! I sent you a private message

18. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had a very positive experience (so far). Time will tell I guess. I'll keep you all updated in the coming weeks.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m sure u will
    Be fine!! Most ppl
    That post on yelp are the complainers;)

20. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Beautiful color. Enjoy it in good health. Being the owner of a 2006 spider with over 40K miles I'm shocked at the price of this car, not that I plan on selling but still...great deal!

Sent from my Galaxy

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Beautiful car. Enjoy and welcome to the 430 Spider club.

22. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    I too would like to hear your thoughts on the car and if you had a PPI done prior to pulling the trigger. I have looked at cars in their inventory before and the reviews, as well as word of mouth from other dealers, was enough to steer me away. Not trying to frighten you but would rather hear first hand on a car that came from them rather than Internet reviews and heresy. Congrats on the purchase and LOVE the color!

23. MKTViper

MKTViper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2018
    Swan Point MD
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll provide an update next week...although the car was delivered last Monday, I'm in CALIFORNIA ON BUSINESS! My trusted wife took receipt from the carrier, inspected and sent me about 100 videos and pics. So far as expected! There are some cosmetic issues, e.g., some sticky plastics, mildly stained carpet and some other minor imperfections. All of which I knew about and can easily address as a DIY (did the same to my last Maser Spyder.

Bringing the car to Greg at LoCo Exotics on Monday for state inspection and a "once through" to get his driving and mechanical impressions. I've no experience with 430's and I trust him implicitly.

FWIW, I did NOT get an independent PPI (I know there are those who'll think I'm crazy...or stupid). I got a copy of their PDI, and they did the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, TPMS, oil change and new Michelins all around. That with a strong service history from Tonkin Ferrari in Oregon (2015-2019) I felt pretty comfortable. Clutch is at 80%. Besides, I've seen plenty of posts of disappointed cars that had clean PPI's.

24. Oengus

Oengus F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Great color

25. danny_acs

danny_acs Karting

Aug 17, 2015
    London, UK
    Great colour for this car. Did you notice it has the rare Clarion pop-out infotainment unit with lcd screen, sat-nav etc? If it's the Ferrari branded one, this was a £3k-£4k option, especially if it has the reversing camera. The normal Clarion-branded one is still about a grand to install, but I'd also ask for the original one if available.