New Data Acquisition tools | FerrariChat

New Data Acquisition tools

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by 360trev, Nov 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Hello all,

As an extension of the detailed work I've been doing on the 360 and F430 based Bosch ecus im currently gauging interest in a new ultra high performance data acquisition tool that can log at upto 200Hz and from a choice of several thousand internal ecu parameters not previous possible or available to log. Also with real-time visualisations of that data to a tablet.

Pretty much I've patched the code to make this possible so it's pretty ground breaking stuff... It also makes it possible to live dyno tune air fuel ratios, ignition timing maps, etc. On the fly and see exhaustive output of the raw daq data from all of the cars sensors being managed by the ecus..

If your interested let me know!

Cheers

Trev

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hi Trev, can you clarify what the hardware for this looks like? I assume this involves a custom Trev360 ecu flash, plus a dongle or something plugged into the OBD port? Then data sent to your laptop/tablet?

360trev likes this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    It requires a reflash and then nothing more than a simple cable plugged into to a Y cable on the OBD. That's the installation!

From there on in you can plug the usb directly into a cheap android tablet running custom logging software. Here you can visually trace and control all telemetry at will. Including seeing all of the data from every sensor connected to the ecu's and even realtime view all of the maps and the current position in the maps live.