FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 12 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2019: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by william, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Maybe Vettel should consider stepping aside to preserve his legacy..... F1 history is big to him, maybe he should start thinking about the big picture.

lagunacc and TurboFreak650 like this.
  2. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    didn’t Sainz start from P20? Even more impressive!!!

again, I must say that Albon drove very well today also. Should have been on podium barring a “Ham”-handed pass attempt

Sharknose, stavura, nsxrebel and 2 others like this.
  3. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Binotto definitely doesn't seem like an insider, so I am sure he is following orders. Someone higher on the food chain is bungling this big time.....how much pie in the face does one team need before it wakes up??!

lagunacc, william and ingegnere like this.
  4. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Whatever he needs to tell himself....just GO! :oops:

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What would Enzo say if he were still alive? "You're both fired!"?

pdxjim488 and Jack-the-lad like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yeah, no. Not both. Just the over- the-hill donkey. And Binotto of he doesn't fix the problem pronto.

lagunacc likes this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I can't believe Hamilton got a penalty for a legitimate overtaking attempt while Vettel sideswiping another car at full speed (either in retaluation for being made to look like a donkey, out of anger or because he can't properly judge distance between cars) is not even reprimanded! As I wrote earlier this is probably because a team representative was there to ask for mercy and due to the fact the damage was wholly self inflicted and limited to the team alone.

root, blkfxstc, subirg and 3 others like this.
  8. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Leclerc is anointed the new savior, for now. A few more f ups trying to drag the second/third best car to the front and they'll turn on him, too.

9. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    I’m sorry guys - the Seb / Lec balls-up was actually my fault.

I always wear a piece of Ferrari clothing or a cap for race / quali and whenever I don’t it’s always bad news.

Yesterday morning I was about to put on a dark Ferrari t-shirt for the day and into the evening for the race but I was doing lots of work round the house, so opted for another old dark t-shirt thinking I’ll change later.

Lying on the couch yesterday evening I was even thinking during the race “at least I am wearing my kit”. Then I happened to actually look down and sh*t I had totally forgotten I didn’t ever put the Ferrari shirt on.

not two laps later - both Ferraris are out.

sorry guys

10. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Moral of the story - don’t be too lazy to get off the couch and go and change your shirt .....

RobertJRB, stavura and DF1 like this.
  11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    PermaBAN! At least you didn't have a superstition about not changing underwear or bathing. ;) lol

DF1 and davebuchner like this.
  12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    It was a pass Seb should never have tried.
    Leclerc had the better tires, and Vettel wasn't getting past Albon.
    Letting Leclerc go after Albon was the "team driver" move.

But Vettel is NOT a team driver.
    Having such a driver rarely ends well for a team's constructor points ($$).

But Ferrari has an unfortunate long history of "favoring" the driver they pay more.
    Likely some accountant figures "worth" equals "cost" -- a common error.

It also mirrors Ferrari's failures on the pit wall: the inability to dynamically respond to what's happening on the track, rather than following a paint-by-numbers plan.

(Remember Ferrari letting Alonso get away with punting Massa off the pit entry in China *while Massa was leading the drivers championship*?)
    ("He costs a lot -- he must be good" :rolleyes:)

root, Ferrari 308 GTB, davem and 3 others like this.
  13. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I had to watch the "highlights" to wrap my head around the last few laps and the post race penalty against Lewis. What a **** show.

I'm really starting to wish Seb would just go away.

root, ingegnere, lagunacc and 2 others like this.
  14. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Yes. Vettel just go away.

Robb

ingegnere, G. Pepper and william like this.
  15. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    I thought pitting at the final caution was entirely reasonable - it was the only option that offered the possibility of a race win, however remote.

16. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Absolutely spot on.
    Nothing more to add , this is the true explanation
    And the only one
    So now the question mark is :
    What the team will do if next year's car is dominant ?
    Binotto should decide definitely before the season starts and publicly said they will be free to fight together but warned Vettel he will be sacked with bad manœuvre like yesterday
    I believe this is the only way to deal with this situation

lagunacc and william like this.
  17. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Expectations were low, but FFS....

ingegnere, Jeronimo GTO and G. Pepper like this.
  18. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    The tow boys have to get a strict team order. Who's first in the starting grid is first at the end of the race. This was the order in Sotchi.
    Maybe here in Brazil the same but Leclerc 'forgot it' so Vettel was very surprised about his action in the Senna-S?

19. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I think this clearly demonstrates why teams have failed to have two No1 drivers going back to the birth of the problem in the Prost / Senna wars

Everybody has to know what part they play in the team and the same could be said about having two racing principals, each will disagree and you get confusion.

This type of indecision has thwarted SF for to many years, it needs a ruthless SOB to grab the situation and sack both if needed.

Leclerc should have known his place and remained as rear gunner, he is the No 2. Personally i think CL is better than SV but untill SF unload the No 1 driver he is second in the team. Period.

I hear both have been summoned to Ferrari HQ for a dressing down, Italian style, so things are going to get messy in the boardroom. This was a complete disaster and Binotto was warned he had to get control of it.

tony

20. F430 F1 Singapore

Mar 4, 2016
    Singapore
    What do you have against Haas? :D

lorenzobandini, root, eostr and 3 others like this.
  21. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    He was whining in German that he's the victim. He's holding up progress at F,
    which is a pity because the team would thrive with Bino, CL and someone like DR.

22. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Personally i think he is lining himself up for a return to RB in 2021, unless he is pushed first.

23. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Pretty sure nobody wants over the hill donkey Vettel - least of all RBR whose "rookie" 2nd driver Albon outsmarted and out drove Vettel yesterday at the restart causing the usual red mist that made him take out his own team mate. The guy's a liability - every team will see this... except Ferrari of course.

VPX, root, william and 1 other person like this.
  24. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Maybe after a day or two we'll get some statements from LEC and VET that will make more sense, giving them the benefit of the doubt regarding their initial statements (WASN'T MY FAULT) on race day.

Congrats to the first time podium clubbers, GAS and SAI! Combined with KVY's podium earlier this year, Toro Rosso is now up to 3 all time podiums!

Besides bad driving and pit calls, one thing that is still sticking out about this Mercedes era was mentioned briefly yesterday, maybe Brundle pointed out that with BOT retirement, it was the first mechanical DNF by Mercedes since Austria last year. Over a year with no mechanical issues. I'd say they're due a few more, but it's too late to slow down HAM for this year! I'd agree with a comment above wondering if BOT failure was due to over heating following LEC for too many laps.

At one of the re-starts, GRO was still in 7th place, but didn't pit for new tires, so either Haas blew it, or maybe they didn't have any more tires for him. Oh well, both of them qualified in the top 10 and then ended up sinking like rocks again.

Saw a statistic that Red Bull-Toro Rosso had 5 current/former drivers in the top ten, mostly thanks to the Ferrari DNFs, so at least we had Ferrari engines in the Alfas in the top 10.

I'm willing to cheer for Ferrari no matter who the drivers are, but yeah, this is too much from VET combined with his spinning out last year. Very un-Ferrari like I guess.

25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Totally agree but the car was a handicap yesterday, it has taken a massive step backwards or CL with the latest spec engine was too fast for SV in an "old engine" car.