Ferrari ROMA | Page 52 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Now there's an interesting difference of opinion. How can the man who designed such interesting and beautiful things as the 812, TdF, 488 etc. design such a bland and boring car.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder. ;)

Solid State, MANDALAY, R J and 2 others like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm sorry , of course everyone is entitled to have an opinion, but i can't agree with you last sentence, it's probably a professional default of mine, but i believe beauty can be "measured". F12, Monza, Roma, all amazing cars, 812 an amalgam of shapes.....but of course, still a very striking car, just not a very fortunate design...i'll leave the sf90 out of it, that one is an aberration!

day355, Garretto and boxerman like this.
  3. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Of course this dark green looks perfect on the F12 too.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Has nobody mentioned how it looks like a bmw too? :)

5. perrinnation

perrinnation Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2012
    The Detroit area
    Full Name:
    David
    The Roma appears to be the more cohesive design of the 3. Plenty of ‘awkward’ notes on both F12 and 812. Few if any on Roma. Going forward, I’d like to see the 812 replacement take on more of this elegance. If the SF90 is going to be the performance benchmark of the line, then let it and its mid-engined successors take on the wild, aggressive tones. The GTs should walk the path started by the Roma.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    perrinnation likes this.
  7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've had both and I think the manual was wonderful and I'd much rather have it except on the 430 Scud. But everyone has their opinion. The flywheel is so light/ fast that you have to change real fast or blip the throttle for upshifts! Thats FUN! Just some comments from the peanut gallery, carry on... all roads lead to ROMA! :)

davemqv, G. Pepper, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Well done Mario! Roma is very good looking! Bravo Ferrari!

Bundy, MDEL, G. Pepper and 1 other person like this.
  9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Haptic controlls a question mark.
    And if they make a handling or sport version its inetersting.
    Really beautiful.

10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    boy that 812 is an ugly beast.
    the f12 is slowly becoming acceptable.
    the roma is a breath of fresh (smooth) air.

11. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Needs a V-12.

crinoid likes this.
  12. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hopefully an elegant skin is accompanied by substance beneath the skin. Otherwise, if a Ferrari has no edginess to it the brand would no longer be leading but just following and becoming one of its many lesser competitors. It is ultimately more important for a Ferrari to feel engaging and satisfying to drive rather than just easy to look at.

As owners we should reap the fruits of our ownership mostly from behind the wheel rather than from outside the car, looking in. We are ultimately buying into a driving experience. I hope the current decision makers at Ferrari will remember this. It doesn’t matter what the car looks like if it doesn’t feel good or compare well when driven against the competition.

boxerman likes this.
  13. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    ^ completely agree. Hopefully with a square setup of r comps this thing could be a track monster.

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Agree with your premise, but they should look good too.
    Thats why Im hopeful there will be a handling edgier version of the Roma at some point, still wearing the same cloths..

15. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Said many a Ferrari owner when the cars changed to what came before.
    Was it paddles, or Ps or EPS or turbos, everyone has their point or departure. Yet one must admire the way the company keeps pressing forwards.
    Maybe as they expand the model offering and product range there will be a ferrari for each taste.

[gTr] and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    With the end of the NA V12, so too will be the end of my new Ferrari purchases. I wish Ferrari all the best meeting the needs of the more recent testosterone challenged generations going forward. Soccer Mom’s will be common place in Ferrari’s in the not too distant Future. Ferrari now sees the new market going forward as the old guard customers will abandon the marginalized brand eventually.

therryzsx, day355, HotShoe and 2 others like this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's an awful big hole for such a tiny motor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nondescript entry level car that would be fine for a woman or daughter. Something to lease perhaps. No flaps and gills per se but also nothing at all special and with a lower quality interior.

Terzeus1 and HotShoe like this.
  18. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Photos by: Motorionline
    HD: 1. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-6.JPG
    2. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-15.JPG
    3. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-26.JPG
    4. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-14.JPG
    5. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-25.JPG
    6. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-10.JPG
    7. https://www.motorionline.com/wp-content/gallery/ferrari-roma-presentazione-al-presidente-della-repubblica-italiana/Ferrari-Roma-Presentazione-al-Presidente-della-Repubblica-Italiana-19.JPG

Video by: Ala News

elmadi, streetst, of2worlds and 5 others like this.
  19. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Would you guys please stop it with the P&R stuff. Copy and paste it into the appropriate forum please.

20. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I'm afraid I beg to differ on this statement.
    But then I would....

21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    I suspect this car will be an enormous success for Ferrari and steal sales from even more brands than it slightly resembles

elmadi, Maggio23, therryzsx and 5 others like this.
  22. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've moved the P&R discussions to the P&R forum:

Anyone wanting to discuss liberal EU fake policies or Nazism can do so in there. Please keep this thread free of such digressions.

All the best,
    Andrew.

23. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    It REALLY suits the darker colors. It looks fantastic! :cool:

All the best,
    Andrew.

elmadi, stavura, tomc and 3 others like this.