275 GTB/4 10385: Information Wanted | FerrariChat

275 GTB/4 10385: Information Wanted

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by 8JM5, Nov 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 8JM5

8JM5 Rookie

Nov 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Hi All,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I'm hoping someone may be able to help me track down some information - and ideally photos/documentation - of 275 GTB/4 s/n 10385. It was owned by my grandfather many years ago during which time he restored it, but we don't have much more solid historical information than that than that. Sadly he is no longer with us and I'm trying to get my hands on as much information/photos/documentation as I can about the car (even if only copies) and put together something for my Dad, as he has very fond memories of the car.

What I do know about the car:
    - Imported new to Australia in 1967 by W.H Lowe, originally painted off-white/cream
    - Sold to Bib Stillwell, then had a number of other owners before it was purchased and restored by my grandfather (Paul Radford) in the late-70's/early 80's. During this time he re-painted it red. I understand he was an active member of the Ferrari Club at this time.
    - Sold in mid 80's to, from what I can gather, the family of forum member "360C" (I can't seem to contact this gentleman though).

I'm a bit unsure of what happened thereafter, but I believe it made its way to Dutton Garage 5-10 years ago and was then restored over in NZ, where it was painted in its original off-white. No idea what happened after then, but I think it may have bobbed-up at Motorclassica a few years ago as I saw a photos of a white 275 GTB/4 (surely there can't be multiple in Aus...).

If anyone is able to provide assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    10385:
    Original exterior color: Avorio 20-Y-153 (Ivory).
    Original interior color: Beige VM 846.
    Chassis type 596.
    Engine type 226, internal #1840.
    Gearbox type 596, internal #503.
    Assembly sequence #193.
    Scaglietti Body #A0240.
    The last of just three 275 GTB/4's originally painted in Avorio.
    After Stillwell to Dr. Con Panikol, Adrian Ashton, Graeme Quinn, then Paul Radford, restored by Pursang Automobiles and painted red, then Ron Davis, David Rodd, Derek Daley. As of 2016 still red.
    Check Barry Farr's fabulous book "Ferraris in Australia".

Marcel Massini

Jack-the-lad, 375+ and 8JM5 like this.
  3. 8JM5

8JM5 Rookie

Nov 15, 2019
    Sydney, Australia
    Thank you Marcel!

4. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    The car was back to it's original Avorio when it was displayed at the 2016 Motorclassica in Melbourne in October of that year following restoration in New Zealand.

Paul

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    turbo-joe, Jack-the-lad and V12addict like this.
  6. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
  7. a.sariaatmadja

Apr 10, 2010
    Arthurbouchez likes this.