Scud over CS and Speciale Chris Harris | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Scud over CS and Speciale Chris Harris

Discussion in '360/430' started by smdzucladoc, Jun 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Targaflorio0199

Targaflorio0199 Karting

Jun 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Targa
    No losers.

Speaking of manageable,I find it challenging Enough trying to keep the 360 spider’s rear in check with the ASR off. Lol

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good point.
    I found 458 easy to control and planted. Speciale not so much. P90D planted, P100D squirmy. Sometimes that little extra makes the car less controllable.

3. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    The Macs have nothing on the Raris. They are boring to drive on the street abc you only get your thrills on a track. But if you can't enjoy getting milk then what's the purpose. Plus I haven't seen a least reliable car than the Mac.

for obvious reasons the top gear folks always pick the British cars to be their "favorites". In this case Chris is full of it.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  4. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Regardless of whether we can agree on his 600lt and scud preference I do agree with his point that we have gotten away from what driving is all about.

Fun factor vs. lap times. Requiring skill vs. compensating for the lack of. Less weight vs more power. Personality vs. Perfection.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    how did you remove so much weight from your cs?

other question: i heard that the gearbox and the brakes in the cs were lifted from the enzo. so if everyone is complaining about the slower gear changes in the cs, is that what can be expected in the mighty enzo??

360trev and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Amen! The new cars are fun and accessible but I have more fun in my testarossa than my FF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manda racing likes this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Through systematically going through every part of the car... Its been tough but you'd be surprised how much was left on the table across the board for the taking..

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's worth noting that every design aspect of every car is about compromise. In the case of weight loss it's generally down to comfort: for example I experimented with the removable sound deadening behind the bulkhead and found that without it the car was effectively ruined as anything other than a 'quick blast' car. As someone who goes out for a mix of hard driving and some road trips and leisure drives it just didn't work for me.

Ferrari did a good job to begin with given the placement (vis-a-vis cost) of the car within the range.

9. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    can you be a bit more descriptive?

and any comment on this question:
    other question: i heard that the gearbox and the brakes in the cs were lifted from the enzo. so if everyone is complaining about the slower gear changes in the cs, is that what can be expected in the mighty enzo??

10. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Going to be a lot of YouTube exposure shortly which will go into it in depth including a couple of planned magazine articles. I now consider it as done to the point I'm happy with it, a car like this is never ofcourse finished but good enough is where it is. Everyone who's driven it has been shocked.

I think re Enzo, etc yes cars have got considerably quicker, pretty any modern day Mclaren will dispatch one easily but at the end of the day the Enzo is a Ferrari limited edition and dripping with cool... I know what I'd rather own.

11. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    thanks for that, and i look forward to reading about the weight reduction efforts.

as for the other comment, the question was IF the gearbox and brakes of the cs were the same as the Enzo, as i heard on one of the reviews i watched?

12. Nine9Three

Nine9Three Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Ginger = CS, Mary Ann = Scud. Done!

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Derived from.. Not same parts.

14. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Reverse for me...the CS is plain Jane looking beside a Scud. The scud has big tits stuffed in a sequin dress.
    Edit: of all the words I’ve had censored on this site, that one went through....huh.

LARRYH likes this.
  15. Mediterranean

Mediterranean Rookie

Jan 3, 2011
    Spain
    Full Name:
    Louis
    CS always... the last and one of the most beautiful Ferrari!