Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Vettel must NOT start 2020 in Ferrari

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, Nov 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Gio is hopeless.

Back to the topic at hand. At this point I do believe it is an 49/51 shared responsibility between the two drivers. I’m genuinely not sure who gets what share. LeClerc gave Vettel space. Vettel still squeezed LeClerc. However LeClerc could very well have moved more, even a mere 5 MM may have avoided this calamity and he consciously did not avoid the avoidable contact. Look at the speed and look how far ahead Vettel was when contact was made. Ferrari need a shadow manager like Helmut is with RB. Someone not tethered by politically correct noose around his neck. Someone who is a last resort and can come in off the record and busts heads and say THIS is what you will do PERIOD, and if you do not...

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yeh but let's for example they decide on Ricci for 2020,they still have to pay Vettel for 2020 plus buy out Ricci from the French then pay him a pretty decent sum not far off Vettel.So they will drop ca $100 mio +/- .

This is hard to explain to the RACE shareholders.

If they can pick up Norris/Russell/Albon as No2 to Leclerc it might work.

I'm 360 Canuck and william like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They have done this before. IIRC they did it with Kimi to get rid of him.

william likes this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It looks to me that Vettel tried to show Leclerc who was "the daddy", and came unstuck.
    Leclerc didn't flinch and maintained his course, regardless.
    He certainly didn't avoid contact, but Vettel probably didn't expect that reaction.

Interesting times at Ferrari ...

Red Rocket, DF1 and crinoid like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Like one of my bosses used to say in cases like this: "Doing nothing is not an option".

The Commendatore would have initiated some changes ...

DF1 likes this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yes but Kimi was near the end of another 1 year contract so no need pay him off, and also Leclerc free to go and relatively cheap.So not a big $ hit .

DF1 likes this.
  7. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, but that was before the IPO.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  8. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    Nando is free. Give him a test at end of season.
    Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

DF1 likes this.
  9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Can imagine fireworks with Nando and Leclerc, they need new blood ,enough of the has beens

lagunacc likes this.
  10. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Not only Leclerc could move a bit more to the left, why moved he a bit to the right just before the contact? Everybody could see it clearly by his cockpit camera.

Senna1994, Nuvolari and crinoid like this.
  11. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004

From 5;00 to 5:50 with the 5;30 head on shot being the critical moment.

You must have been watching a different race.
    LEC moves left and only stops moving left when the contact occurs and his suspension is broken. He moves right only after that point.
    This contact was initiated by VET playing chicken with LEC. He lost and he screwed LEC's race, his own race and the efforts of many 100's of people working to make the effort possible.
    It was a stupid, selfish, ego driven move that is unacceptable in karting, let alone F1.

Red Rocket, lagunacc, furoni and 7 others like this.
  12. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    See Nuvolaris post #308 in the race thread :) The little move to the right was before the contact. And exactly that move caused the collision.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’m not a hashtag guy but I’ll try my first one...

#vettelout

Robb

m5shiv, 444sp and william like this.
  14. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    Man, I watched the video again, regular speed and at the slowest speed on YouTube, and all I see with LEC hands is normal bouncing, no deliberate move to the right.

Red Rocket and crinoid like this.
  15. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

As well as the world press and others. Vettel moved left. End of.

E60 M5, william and jcurry like this.
  16. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek

I agree with you, where I blame Vettel is trying to repass Lecrec. He should of just stayed behind after he got passed and followed Lecrec. He was faster then Vettel. They could of work together to catch Hamilton and Verstappen

17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The assumption is Vettel would actually be interested in that aspect of 'team-work'. He has shown he is not. He speaks of it and says the team matters only when it benefits him. His initial reaction for most incidents is to blame the other driver first.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  18. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I´m not saying doing nothing, just not trying to do all at the same time.

19. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    it would be interesting to know what the ferrari pit crew think.

TexasF355F1 and william like this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Maybe get George and Nando and maybe Gio down to Fioranno for a week. See who comes put top, fastest lap, fastest race distance, best interaction with the technical staff, best suggestions on strategy. Run the track wet and dry.
    Winner gets the number 2 seat.
    Would be fun to see anyway.
    They could finance it by selling hospitality packages to dealers and high rolling clienti.
    In fact I’m in !

Or in these tedious times they can just put fiorano on an ap and do it on their phones.

375+ likes this.
  21. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    All I saw was a minor tap of front wheels and our beloved scarlet racers imploded like paper mache'.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  23. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    In all honest, he was slower all weekend and was only able to catch up because of the safetycar and later Vettel racing Albon.

Both of them had no change in catching Verstappen.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

24. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Freeze frame means little, as even in a straight line, steering data typically shows right and left movements. LEC had moved left to mid track and had left way more than enough room. He had left 1 and 2/3 car widths for VET to drive through, but he couldn’t do it. VET screwed the pooch, plain and simple. No amount of justifying or finger pointing will fix this. He has proven stupid, impetuous behavior while at Ferrari... ramming HAM at Baku and cutting HAM again in Canada come to mind. Multi 21 with Webber comes to mind when at Red Bull. OK, the red mist descends on all of them from time to time, but this happens too often with VET and is happening more often, not less. He should be done.....retired or fired...really doesn’t matter.

25. Outrun

Outrun Karting

I like Vettel. His mistakes and his comments are great to watch.

But they don’t help the team which needs to understand that it’s harder to win with 2 top drivers when a lead and wingman increases the odds. They should know this as they invented it. I’d think about Ricciardo as a strong competitor however it could be the same problem and so i think bringing in a kimi/massa/ruebens style guy is better and gambling that leclerc can deliver and iron out his mistakes. Giovanazzi is a ferrari guy already and is reasonably quick and clean. I suspect Russel is just as quick as leclerc if given the chance, could be a good match.

ingegnere likes this.