Max Verstappen | Page 63 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Loved Max for a phantastic drive. Was great seeing him duking it out with Hamilton and win those fights.

2. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    "complete lack of standard education values" and "lacks an ounce of class and elegance"

You have the wrong impression of him. He's certainly direct, sometimes blunt, self confident and above all just wants to win.

It's the opposite even, the day after the race Jos Verstappen gave an interview on TV and said that Max's allegation wasn't very smart and unnecessary. He had the impression it was post-race emotion.

3. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Really ?

Only Mercedes and Ferrari drivers have won in 2019.
    With the exception of Max.
    3 times.

Bas likes this.
  4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Sorry, but I stand to my ground: complete lack of standard education and values, and lack of class; wanting to win is not an excuse to behaving like he does; or working with Helmut Marko is not an excuse for saying stupid things, either. After already 101 Grand Prix, he should have matured at least somewhat.
    In their days, Fangio certainly was direct and wanted to win, and he had class by spades; as did Moss, or Stewart, or Niki Lauda, or many others.

...that does not mean I am not able to appreciate his Interlagos drive: what a drive indeed. Pity the guy is not likeable, too...

Rgds

500drvr, furoni and william like this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Max is not likeable to the public at large.
    I put him in the same category as Mansell: a fast idiot !

500drvr likes this.
  6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Oh well. What makes Leclerc very intelligent? And what were you doing when you were 22 :)?

More important is that these guys are the future of F1. Forgot all the others from the past, there is no comparison with any from them and the guys driving now.
    I already look forward to 2020. Forza Ferrari!

7. sf_hombre

sf_hombre Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2008
    Stimulus Bill
    Full Name:
    Don
    He does add an enjoyable portion of unpredictability and interest to what often can be more of a tire-management competition.

ypsilon likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Composure and maturity are signs of intelligence.
    Leclerc demonstrated that many times, already when he was racing karts against ... Verstappen.

500drvr likes this.
  9. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Really?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Fast yes.
    Idiots no.

Idiots waste hundreds of hours per annum on internet forums

ypsilon, Flavio_C, mdrums and 8 others like this.
  11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Max - Fast and not polished yet. The motor was only good in general at given circuits. It likes altitude. Honda need more power and chassis needs to be more all round. Maybe next year for Red Bull if Ferrari do not get sorted.

12. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I trust Red Bull more than Ferrari to sort out their problems in 2020 (whatever these problems are), and I wouldn't be surprised not to be alone in the said matter...
    But the rumor has it that Honda's company board (= not the racing division, the top board) is lukewarm at best towards Formula One and that they might start a review of their priorities, which might end in them pulling the plug on Formula One.
    Renault is doing the same, only this is not a rumor but a review already in progress, and it might also end in Renault quitting Formula One.
    For 2021 we would be left with Ferrari and Mercedes as the sole engine providers...

Rgds

william and DF1 like this.
  13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    If I had said half of the stupid things he is saying at that age, I don't even want to imagine what my dad's reaction would have been. And much less yet my mum's.
    Whatever his driving talents are, and he has many, the first thing he should learn is to shut up. Which, by the way, is rather easy. Or to think twice.
    I suppose he could not care less, but I can't even remember any driver so unpopular over here. He is, indeed, seen a the perfect idiot. Our friend William here probably could guess the french expression by which he is almost universaly called here...

By the way, I have my doubts abouts the future of Formula One, that is, I have my doubts about Formula One having a future...

Rgds

500drvr, william and DF1 like this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/147250/verstappen-hamilton-fights-always-more-satisfying

Max Verstappen says he and Lewis Hamilton gave each other "respect" in their fight for Brazilian Grand Prix victory, and battling the Formula 1 world champion is "always more satisfying".

Despite starting from pole position Verstappen had to pass Hamilton twice to win in Brazil, because Mercedes' strategy calls kept giving Hamilton track position.

Verstappen's first pass came shortly after his first pitstop when he blasted past on the inside on the run to Turn 1, while his second move followed a safety car restart as he made the most of fresher tyres to tough it out around the outside at the same corner.

"It was good," Verstappen said of the fight.

"If you can battle against the world champion it's always more satisfying than battling someone for P10 or whatever.

"I think it was a good battle and we gave each other enough room. Just enough. But I think it was cool."

Verstappen said he was not sure Red Bull's decision to stop him under the race's penultimate safety car, which dropped him behind Hamilton and set up his race-winning move, was going to work.

sammysaber and G. Pepper like this.
  15. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I think nobody cares what the French (or others) think of him. It is no popularity contest. I can only assume RB is paying him for other things.

He lost his grand dad yesterday, father of Jos. They knew it was coming. And still driving like this, that is showing maturity. At least that is what I think.

Ok over to more important things.

The future of F1. Difficult to put a finger on that one. As many thing will change for sure, also F1 will be amongst that.

mdrums likes this.
  16. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It's not a question of popularity; being popular is one of the easiest thing in the world, because pleasing most people is not very difficult. It is a question of class and elegance, which, in the end, make a man a better and more complete sportsman, or driver. If he stays like he his, I don't think he would left any trace in the history of the sport, other than a sad one. That is, if the sport has still a future...

Rgds

william likes this.
  17. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Being an F1 driver is not about being a complete sportsman, you can ask the other 770 or so current and previous F1 drivers. They are just people doing what they are best in. Nothing more or less. In the end they get paid for what they do, hired by people who think this is the best guy for their team. Ask the team principals what an F1 driver should be.

I hope Ferrari will soon sort out their internal chaos, so that we will see a great 2020 season!

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    But of course it is all about being a class act, and of course this makes all the difference. Evidently. Why did some people left their mark, and some others did not?
    This is why the dumb and uneducated Max is perfectly at home with Helmut Marko: "those who look alike, get together"("Qui se ressemble, s'assemble").
    The more Max talks, the deeper he digs. Somebody should help him.

I don't think that Ferrari will sort out their internal chaos: the worst ennemy of Ferrari has always been Ferrari. I wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull would be the best competitor for Mercedes next year. And that would be a very good thing, and perhaps persuade Honda to stay.

Rgds

19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Here we say: "Birds of the same feather flock together", which has the same meaning.

Cheers

20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I have to agree. And the only real future for F1 is the switch to all electric and if Honda and Renault see more immediate value in that, then they'll make that move. Mercedes and Ferrari would have no reason to continue in the current form of F1. They could all decide to announce for 2022, making 2021 a final year using the whatever is in the parts bins. Most of the R&D has been done by F E. The engines are all a known quantity, batteries are getting better faster, the younger generations have no emotional attachment to the ICE, so why keep beating the old dead ICE horse. Bring on the young girls and the video games...pool party at Jeff Epstein's.

21. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    What a big ton of tosh. :rolleyes: "Class and elegance"? Is he a racing driver or a high-couture stylist? Or pehaps a member of a weird royal family? Tell that to or about James Hunt, Nelson Piquet, Lauda... "Class and elegance"... , damm gayzism wants to take over motor racing too. :p

How do you know he lacks human diamension? How can you judge that? Just because of what is shown on TV or social media? So do he needs to fake smiles and nice words to be likable like so many fake people out there?

Max is a real down to earth guy who takes his job very seriosly. He was raised under a "military-grade" discipline by his father(who by the way is total freak), but Max himself is kind and educated with people who have worked with him and also with the fans.

ypsilon and Bas like this.
  22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You will find that most people will not deny Max' speed, his talent at the wheel or his motivation, but don't like his attitude, his media outbursts.

That's fine; we have different taste and don't appreciate drivers the same way.

23. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Being gruff, dumb and arrogant doesn't prove that someone is not fake either, just that he is coarse, that's all; but I'll be happy to change my mind about him the first day I would hear him say something intelligent.

Rgds

500drvr, william and Nembo1777 like this.
  24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Max is Eurotrash, period.

500drvr and william like this.
  25. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    His dad sure is. A wife beater and still gets drunk and in bar fights.

william, Terra and Nembo1777 like this.