Advice on fixing this wheel gouge? | FerrariChat

Advice on fixing this wheel gouge?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by HX_Guy, Nov 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Karting

Jun 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Val B
    I have a set of 4 practically new 458 wheels and tires, were in mint condition, when I mindlessly went to move them in the garage and stacking one top of another, I dropped the wheel and gouged the face of one of them. Wanted to just drop dead right there. :(

Any advice on fixing this? I know there are wheel refinishes places, but will they get it identical to OEM finish?

Was planning on selling these and lost thousands (?) due to my stupid mistake.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Tireman

Tireman Karting

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Lots of wheel repair guys .. reasonable cost and you shouldn’t be able to tell the difference

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Easily fixable at pro wheel repair shop.

4. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    $100 less than an hour labor should be quick since the shop won't have to jack the car up to remove and reinstall the damaged wheel. Will look as good as new no one can tell the difference.

Could have been more challenging if you had the diamond finished wheels but even those can be fixed to new after some curb rash.

5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Like other members said, it’s an easy and affordable fix. Count yourself lucky you didn’t have carbon fiber wheels. It would certainly be a heck of a lot worse in every respect!

Kind regards,

Nuno.

ScottS likes this.
  6. rotate

rotate Rookie

Jan 6, 2006
    As others said, not to fret! I had a Viper and just managed to snag a wheel on the end of an island whilst leaving a parking lot. It was much worse than what you posted. Living in NYC I also had managed some less severe curb rash. Took it to a well reputed wheel place on Long Island and for $200 a wheel had every wheel completely redone to identical OEM finish (and the Viper was a pain in the ass as I had multi-tone painted wheels,--gen V) and they had to do several paint stages.

I would think around $100-200 should have that totally sorted. For most cars I'd say maybe just factor that into the price and save yourself the hassle, but even in my nascent phase of Ferrari ownership (just picked up my first last week) I'm already becoming a stickler befitting of the stereotype, so I can see most buyers wanting it flawless.