Great sealant | FerrariChat

Great sealant

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Graz, Nov 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Can’t say enough about CarPro ReLoad Sealant. This coming from someone who is definitely afflicted with OCD when it comes to detailing an automobile.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I agree...great stuff either as maintenance over a ceramic coating or as the primary coating.

Sent from my Galaxy

Graz likes this.
  3. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Big Reload fan. Just tried Polish Angel Cosmic Spritz and that other worldly. 2x price over ReLoad

4. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    So, this can be applied on any car paint, even if there is no ceramic coating presently? I have an '07 Nero F430, and the paint is in quite good condition luckily. I just had it detailed by my indy tech, and looking for something to use after washes, and/or when the paint starts to lose some of its deep shine. The car is never driven in any rain, so any "wax" or anything else tends to hold up quite well. thanks in advance.

Scott

5. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Yes it can be applied directly to the paint.
    Sent from my Galaxy

6. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Yes, use it on any paint or over top PPF. Love the stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

7. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Ok. Very cool. Been looking for something easy to use/ apply for black paint

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Confirm for ReLoad. The Polish Angel is more for ceramic coating but can also be used stand alone

9. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I also put it on the windows and the dirt literally falls off the undoes too!

Good stuff. Bought two more bottles.

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Curious… I looked at it online and it said it should not be used on a car that already has wax on it. I assume that is not exactly true? I’m not about to strip all the wax off my car just to put this on it.

Any thoughts appreciated

GTS Bruce likes this.
  11. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    you can use it over wax as a drying aid etc. you just won’t see the full longevity out of it when using it as a topper because it won’t bond to the existing wax the way it would to clean paint

ifeelfree0 likes this.
  12. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
  13. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    You can always take the wax off and put on your own sealant, then top it off with ReLoad as a maintenance layer. Sealant is fairly easy to apply vs a ceramic coating. Its all in the prep

LI2782 likes this.
  14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    You can use it as a finisher. No issues whatsoever.

15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    I am going to buy some today for sure so, then each time you wash the car, or in between washes if you want to remove light road dust, etc., do you use something like Griot's or Maguires wet and shine, or simply the reload all of the time?

16. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I use Reload after every wash. I had my 575 paint corrected and then a sealant put on in June 2016, then started using Reload. . It is as smooth with the same look as the day I picked it up.
    Car doesnt get really dirty, just dusty. I wash it after 3-4 runs , then hit it with Reload. Easy as can be.

17. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Curious… When you say you had a sealant put on it, what does that mean? Like a ceramic coating?

I spoke to the reload guys today, and I am thinking of simply washing my car with some Dawn, to take out the wax, and then applying reload..., figured I would apply it after each wash. That sounds right?

18. ifeelfree0

Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    No problem doing it that way. Sealants or a ceramic coating offer a longer term base protection that a Reload can help maintain longer than if none was used at all. Putting Reload over bare paint will minimize its properties, from my experience using Reload on my daily Honda

19. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    You can put the ReLoad over Ceramic or Wax. It basically is a finishing step, a sealant. After that you can use a spray detailer product like Griot's Speed Shine intermittently.

20. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Gotcha....so, Reload itself is the sealant, which makes sense, and then after washes, can either use Elixir, or Griot's (which I freaking love BTW)

For those that switched to Relad, from say a more traditional wax like Wolfgang 3.0 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, was the difference that dramatic?

21. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Quite remarkable for me.

On one car that has cquartz on it, this adds to the protection it offers. On another without cquartz it still offers the ability to clean the car with almost no effort! Water takes off most of the dirt. A little soap to remove the rest. Works great on windows too!

SV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    ok good deal thanks guys

23. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Use Eraser from the same company to remove wax and oils before applying Reload.
    Sent from my Galaxy